NFL 2015-2016 Season Thread

Column_sl

shitlord
Hah.

Pats going to the Superbowl though.

I'm hoping Fitzgerald gets a ring. Go Cardinals!
I truly hope the Pats do go to the Superbowl just to hear you say something retarded again like a team who won 4 super bowls out of 9 appearances is the best franchise that ever lived versus a team that won the Superbowl 6 times out of 8 appearances....

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
I truly hope the Pats do go to the Superbowl just to hear you say something retarded again like a team who won 4 super bowls out of 9 appearances is the best team that ever lived versus a team that won the Superbowl 6 times out of 8 appearances....
As a franchise I think the steelers would be better assuming the pats go to but lose sb50 but even going again would end any kind of debate on this pats dynasty being the best single dynasty. Steelers run is split into the two great runs a couple decades apart.

I do wish this steelers team had won since a one v one game vs them for the afc crown would have meant alot.

jeffvader

it's only castles burning
Whelp I'm glad the hawks showed up in the second half, I think a couple of unfortunate miscues (missed tackles on the stark run and lynch missing his route on the pick six) at the start combined with the crowd factor did us in. I don't think anyone who watched the second half can say that russ isn't a great QB. That said, someone owes me a new avatar. See you guys next year!

Edit: owes me

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Whelp I'm glad the hawks showed up in the second half, I think a couple of unfortunate miscues (missed tackles on the stark run and lynch missing his route on the pick six) at the start combined with the crowd factor did us in. I don't think anyone who watched the second half can say that russ isn't a great QB. That said, someone powers me a new avatar. See you guys next year!
Russel Wilson isn't a great QB.

Chillz

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Not sure if it's a factor but the somewhat early playtimes may have something to do with the rising popularity of NFL Football in Europe. In Germany we get to watch the whole season in free TV during primetime which is awesome. For example yesterdays games were at 7 pm and 10 pm. Coverage is including all playoff games for the first time and of course the superbowl. Good shit.

moontayle

Golden Squire
NFL Europe was always more popular in Germany so that doesn't surprise me. London is probably as far east as it could conceivably be feasible to have a franchise as part of the NFL but they'd definitely get a lot of fans from Germany if that ever happened.

Cathan

Silver Knight of the Realm
Whelp I'm glad the hawks showed up in the second half, I think a couple of unfortunate miscues (missed tackles on the stark run and lynch missing his route on the pick six) at the start combined with the crowd factor did us in. I don't think anyone who watched the second half can say that russ isn't a great QB. That said, someone owes me a new avatar. See you guys next year!

Edit: owes me
Whatever makes you sleep better at night knowing Wilson's contract holds your team back... He passes the Dalton test but not much more.

Cathan

NFL Europe was always more popular in Germany so that doesn't surprise me. London is probably as far east as it could conceivably be feasible to have a franchise as part of the NFL but they'd definitely get a lot of fans from Germany if that ever happened.
I'm not in favor of this shit at all but.... If they ever did make a London team one way they could make it work is going to 18 week season AND having 2 bye weeks. The London team could do like 3 or 4 weeks of traveling over here between 2 or 3 home games. Teams going to London could get a bye before they went and London would have to have a practice facility for the opposing team also. Another benefit of double bye weeks would be Thursday games may not suck so bad if they had a bye week in front of them also. An 18 week season would get us a longer season which I think the NFL wants anyway. I'm cool with them dumping 2 preseason games but if not the question is do they extend the season by starting earlier or finishing later or a week or 2 on either side? Seems odd if football isn't played in cold weather...

Basketball is on every night during the regular season... NFL has Monday and Thursday games and Thanksgiving week plus playoffs they have Saturday games also. Why not adjust the NFL to a game every night of the week? That would solve the problem of Thursday games sucking balls because of less recovery/preparation time. They could set up a rule where no team plays within 7 days of their previous game. The downside is stadiums wouldn't be filled nearly as much. The upside is a shitload more exposure for the NFL. I would basically have a 2nd TV for football every night during football season. The sliding schedule goes against NFL Sunday.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
You're a clown. If you are concerned about a teams QB contract though you best look to Bree's and the Saints.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Bros I'm conflicted and need to know who to bandwagon for. I'm from Atlanta so the falcons are my obvious home team but they are so terrible usually that i have a backup team for the playoffs.

By law i can't bandwagon a division rival, (especially the saints as they are our arch nemesis), which means i can't bandwagon the panthers despite my belief that they will win the nfc/superbowl.

And of course i would never bandwagon the Patriots because fuck Brady/bellichek/boston in general they are all faggots.

This leaves me with fucking denver, who i don't feel are worthy of backing, or Arizona, who in my heart I feel aren't enough to take down the panthers.

I would of been fine bandwagoning the steelers, or even Seattle, but both of them ate shit today. What should i do?

Cathan

You're a clown. If you are concerned about a teams QB contract though you best look to Bree's and the Saints.
Brees aint worth the 30 mil he's due this year but he's easily worth double a Russell Wilson. If QB contracts don't matter relative to the quality of a team how do you explain Baltimore's demise since Flacco's contract? Why hasn't Seattle retained more of their talent if $$$$ is no issue? Why was Elway trying to get Manning to take a huge paycut. Must be my clownsanity that's off though, of course that's it.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Cardinals are a good team to bandwagon Sylas, gotta root for Fitz to finally get a ring dude is a class act. It would be a lot easier for me if Arians wasnt such a smug asshole, but he can coach.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Brees aint worth the 30 mil he's due this year but he's easily worth double a Russell Wilson. If QB contracts don't matter relative to the quality of a team how do you explain Baltimore's demise since Flacco's contract? Why hasn't Seattle retained more of their talent if $$$$ is no issue? Why was Elway trying to get Manning to take a huge paycut. Must be my clownsanity that's off though, of course that's it.
Well considering Wilson has been to more Superbowls, has the same amount of rings, and more playoff wins than Bree's I would definitely say hes not worth twice as much and your a try hard.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Wilson has never been on a bad team in his life. Trips to the superbowl aren't all about the quarterback.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Wilson has never been on a bad team in his life. Trips to the superbowl aren't all about the quarterback.
You're absolutely right it takes a good team to get there. Must be why they dragged him there with those shit numbers of his. Oh wait.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Cards are definitely the team to bandwagon. Legendarily bad franchise for most of its existence. Fitz and Palmer old fuckers making a run. Fun to watch on both sides of the ball. And their rallying cry should be "Do It For The Honey Badger!"

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
You're absolutely right it takes a good team to get there. Must be why they dragged him there with those shit numbers of his. Oh wait.
His numbers are slightly above average, as is he. He also has more playoff wins due to dumb ass luck than anyone that I can think of.