NFL 2015-2016 Season Thread

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Cards are definitely the team to bandwagon. Legendarily bad franchise for most of its existence. Fitz and Palmer old fuckers making a run. Fun to watch on both sides of the ball. And their rallying cry should be "Do It For The Honey Badger!"
I hate to do it as a fan of another NFC west team but I think you are right. I would like to root for a Peyton Manning heroic ending but that ain't going to happen. I wouldn't mind if Carolina won it either but I don't think anyone is more deserving of a superbowl ring than Larry Fitzgerald.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Wilson is getting the Roflburger treatment. Decent to good QB with a really good defense and supporting run game. He's a good QB, no doubt, but he's still not that far into his career so it remains to be seen if him and the team can maintain the necessary level of success which will ultimately define him.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
I want the Panthers to win it all and take team pictures during the super bowl just to watch the media's heads explode.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Wilson is getting the Roflburger treatment. Decent to good QB with a really good defense and supporting run game. He's a good QB, no doubt, but he's still not that far into his career so it remains to be seen if him and the team can maintain the necessary level of success which will ultimately define him.
The difference is Big Ben has thrown for 400 or 500 yards several times. He is the only QB in history to have 2 500 yard games. Wilson has 7 games in his career with over 300 yards out of 74 games. Ben is the 4th youngest QB to hit 100 wins. Now, Ben's stats have certainly gotten better over time. Wilson's will as well. If Wilson improves considerably then his status will go up as well. As it stands right now he is average at best.

Fadaar

That guy
In the AFC it is, there's only been 4 different QB's in the past 12 years, Brady, Manning, Big Ben, and Flacco.
And if you go back to the '01 season you only add Rich Gannon and another SB for Brady. So in the last 15 seasons (counting this year) only two SB's were not played with Brady, Manning, or Roethlisberger.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That is pretty insulting to Big Ben unless you mean the treatment he received for his success in his first few years. He has backed it up with elite play since then.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
That is pretty insulting to Big Ben unless you mean the treatment he received for his success in his first few years. He has backed it up with elite play since then.
I agree. Big Rape isn't the best QB out there but he's better than anything ever produced in Seattle.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
ben is an elite qb. he'd be in my top 5 of currently active QB's (P.manning not in the top 15 THIS year)

top 10 qb's this year- no order at all

Brady
Ben R.
Palmer
smith
wilson
newton
fitzpatrick-he had a great year
rivers
E.Manning
Dalton

this week, Cards and Patriots Win.

moontayle

Golden Squire
So you're saying he didn't exhibit good QB play whilst being backstopped by a great defense and excellent run game?

I mean, look at Ben's first two years. That there is a QB who was good enough to not lose games but who didn't exactly light up the stat sheet. That 2005 team wasn't anything special, offensively at least. They had a good run game though, 5th in the league. That defense though. 4th overall, 4th in points allowed. +7 in TOs.

I'm not saying Ben hasn't grown into an elite QB. I'm saying Wilson is following the same trajectory.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, fuck that guy who got to 100 wins faster then everyone ever all time except 3 dudes. He's a fucking loser....
Yeah, exactly. Fuck that guy. Top 5 defense every year he's been there. Had his first 4000 yard passing season in a passing league. Had a top 5 rushing attack every year in the league including this one. Time to crown this guy as GOAT.

I will say he is the reason they lost to NE last year, the reason they lost to Carolina, and should have been the reason they lost to Minnesota and GB last year. Team carried his ass through both playoffs.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Blacks can't be elite QBs. Warren Moon doesn't count because a big chunk of his stats came from the CFL.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I'm certainly not going to say Wilson is a better passer than Big Rape but you need to include his running yards into stats. Even with out that Wilson had 4000 passing yards this year . I completely agree with Moontayle he is a good QB on a great team.

I'm on board the Fitzgerald express I hope him and Palmer get a ring. Fitzgerald's post game this weekend really shows what a classy guy he is. Instead of basking in the limelight he reaches out to a sports journalist fighting cancer.

Anyway I won't be upset if any of the remaining teams win. I don't want the Bronco's to win but Manning riding off with one last Superbowl win would be great.

Pats winning will generate a ton of butt hurt which is always entertaining. It will cement them as the greatest dynasty which I poorly wrote as franchise earlier. I would still put the Steelers at the top as a franchise .

Don't have anything against Cam and love his Superman stuff as well as handing the balls to kids.

Still expecting a Cardinals v Patriots Superbowl and hoping Cardinals win.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
First 3 seasons Ben and Wilson is a pretty fair comparison. Both pretty game managery, but capable of making great game changing plays. Great D, strong Run O. Wilson makes more plays happen with his feet, obviously.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
ahh the stereo type.

newton imo is borderline elite- SO FAR.

his passing numbers need to be a bit better.

16th this year in yards, 28th in passing percentage(59.8) (peyton was 27th this year-rodgers also had a bad year in this too). he had good TD to interception ratio this year.

he can run, but running COULD hinder him as a QB further on in his career-ie he gets hurt.

his total yards need to go up, and his percentage needs to go up to the ~63-66% range, this year newton Averaged 12.96 yds per completion (espn lists yds per ATTEMPT)... he had 296 completions, in 495 attempts, if he completed 64% of his passes,(317 completions)
using that 12.96 number his yards would have gone up to about 4108, which would have him at 11th in yards, 15th in percentage...(brady 12th in %, 3rd yds)

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I have no problem saying Wilson is a damn fine QB who is getting better and better. He is in a very good environment to grow and has provided some awesome plays for his team. Putting him onto a God mode pedestal or acting like he hasn't been on a top tier team since he showed up is stupid.

Edit- about Newton, just look at his weapons. Brady is surrounded by weapons and has looked like shit without them. He's top of the food chain at that position so Newton has been really impressive(understatement from hell).

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
No one said he is God mode. Literally no idea where you are getting that from. I don't think anyone even said he was elite. I specifically was referring to the comments that he sucks or is terrible. You are arguing something no one even claimed.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
No one said he is God mode. Literally no idea where you are getting that from. I don't think anyone even said he was elite. I specifically was referring to the comments that he sucks or is terrible. You are arguing something no one even claimed.
You must not read a lot of sports articles

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I infact do not. Only sports I get is watching the games on TV and here. Occasionally some on the radio but its mostly OU/OSU/Thunder crap I don't care about.