NFL 2015-2016 Season Thread

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, they should totally fire him, well, wait until Jeff Fisher gets fired first plz.
Hey man, just saying they've been a little underwhelming. Really didn't expect them to look THAT bad. They didn't even look that great against Packers imo. Palmer was pretty bad in that game too save for the improvisation in OT to hit Fitz.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I could not care less what these fucking tards on the Panthers are saying. Start the X Files!

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
I know in the past, coaches can request other game information is not broadcasted across the stadium during the game.
Probably not possible, but I'm buying in anyway. Carolina is a fun team. Now that I've actually seen them destroy some good teams, I like them a lot more. Fun team personality and atmosphere.
Canot really hear what fans are saying throughout the game, so not likely they've heard about the other game from them. But you'd guess they'd hear about the other game from coaches, team personnel, or stadium personnel. I'd be amazed if they somehow were not informed. Mind you, Cam Newton is basically only around a handful of people throughout the game (coaches and a few players while on the bench), so he is pretty isolated from everything. So i can see how he would NOT know, just unlikely.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Carolina is going to beat the Broncos by at least 18 points. I just dont see how Manning is going to be able to beat them over the top because Keuchly and friends can suffocate the line of scrimmage or dropback into coverage to shut off those undearneath routes, only having to rush 4 letting them field more lbs and dbs to confuse and stifle Manning and the passing game.

That defense is going to struggle to stop Newton. He is going to rush for at least 1 TD and throw for at least 250 yards with a TD so the Broncos are going to have to score at least 30 points to win IMO, and they could only put up 20 on the Patriots. Good luck against that Panthers defense. Kawaan Short is a monster.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Panthers are going to score at least 14 points so the Broncos need to score at least 30 to win.

-Jozu

Zzen

Potato del Grande
I could watch a loop of Brady throwing the pick on the 2 point conversion for days. Feels good man.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Brady played ok, he would have needed to play great to win. Getting hit for a league season high and still having it come down to a last second 2 pt conversion attempt is a disapointing day but not like he shit the bed palmer style.

That said, go Peyton.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
I think grandpa Pey-Pey played pretty well. His receivers cannot hold onto a ball to save their lives as there were plenty of dropped balls. He overthrew a few balls, but yet again, the receivers didn't do much in terms of effort to get those balls either (dive for those balls if you need to, FFS). The Superbowl game will be interesting, but I wouldn't count the Broncos out just yet. I say it will be a close game, +/- 7 points on either team, don't see a blowout occurring, will be close.

Zzen

Potato del Grande
Opening line for SB 50 is Car -4.5. Gotta think that gets bet up towards a touchdown.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
CZiVU0uWkAAhl6x.jpg:large

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Hey man, just saying they've been a little underwhelming. Really didn't expect them to look THAT bad. They didn't even look that great against Packers imo. Palmer was pretty bad in that game too save for the improvisation in OT to hit Fitz.
Palmer looked like shit today, last week and the week before that in the Seattle game too. I want to blame his franken-finger but he looked good in the Green Bay blowout the week before that. The week before that was the Philly game where he got his finger bent back, so who the hell knows.

Regardless of all the Palmering that went on, Carolina teabagged the shit out of Arizona's defense today so it didn't matter either way.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
I'll probably end up betting on a Bronco's win. Something about this being Pey-Pey's last "hoo-rah" makes me all warm and fuzzy inside and makes me think he'll go out fighting to further solidify his legacy. Overall, being his likely last game, I can see the team playing even harder to not let him down based on what I've seen about how much they respect him (could be all lip-service though). We shall see...

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Panthers are going to score at least 14 points so the Broncos need to score at least 30 to win.

-Jozu
I implied that Newton himself would score 14 points....is the rest of the Carolina team unable to score touchdowns? Keuchly has 2 touchdowns himself in these playoffs alone.

Carolina is going to score at least 14 points no matter what and will most likely score more than 30. The Broncos chances of matching that is less likely.

edit: I actually think thats a reasonable scoreline. Graham Gano hits 3 field goals, Stewart ploughs one in, and Newton gets his 2 TD's. Thats 30 points, easily attainable by that Carolina offense. Manning getting hurried and pressured all night is going to be another Carson Palmer esque performance which snowballs out of control because he has to keep throwing because they are down. 30 - 24 Panthers.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Hey just checking in to see if Azeth and Methhawk and Ubro are still alive. I'm fine either way.

Go Peyton!

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I'm alive. Had to work through the game so I didn't get to watch it, only got occasional updates through co-workers (yay restaurant jobs). Sucks losing both games to Denver this year with both being close to the end.

Would be nice to see Peyton win the superbowl since he is probably donezo after this season but I feel like Carolina might beat them up like Seattle did...

Gostkowski missed an extra point.... watafak!?!?