NFL 2015-2016 Season Thread

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
when is the last time both #1 teams met in the SB?
I just saw a statistic posted and figured I would reply again.

For the third straight season, the top seeds from each conference will face each other in the Super Bowl. This was a rarity as it only happened nine times prior to this stretch, and just three times before 1990.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Still not that significant. ~20% of the time it's the #1 seeds. The streak is a bit off and definitely doesn't lend to the NFL's vaunted parity but when you only play one game to decide who gets to move on, the chances of a #1 seed moving on are pretty good, otherwise they wouldn't be a #1 seed. We really only notice when the lower seeds make the trip or if #1s lose, if only because it destroys the perception of the value of the #1 seed, as well as the Any Given Sunday narrative. As well, given Carolina's record and their performance yesterday, it really wouldn't be surprising if they won SB50, and in fact if they lose it might lend itself to "was 15-1 a mirage" narratives.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I just want to give a shout out to Andrew Luck for staying out this season Peyton could ride out high on his horse. True dude.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I think it's an apt summary of the season that this Super Bowl is between a team with one of the greatest QBs ever, and the other features Ted Ginn Jr., and I'm heavily leaning for the Ted Ginn Jr. team.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Hey Uber, who's the next victim on the scorched earth tour?
They've been known to kill posters, so hopefully you.
tongue.png