NFL 2015-2016 Season Thread

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
These two videos should give you an indication of how good his hands and ball control is, along with an indication of his running, vision, decision-making, toughness etc
Oh hey, I forgot I vaguely gave a shit about this guy. Anything new I should be giving a shit about in regards to him?

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Oh hey, I forgot I vaguely gave a shit about this guy. Anything new I should be giving a shit about in regards to him?
Latest I'm aware of:
The Jarryd Hayne Show continued. A week after the Australian rugby star accounted for 120 total yards in Houston, Hayne returned three punts for 84 yards, with each return eliciting more oohs and ahhs. His first punt return, though, was especially epic in that he made like Willie Mays with an over-the-shoulder catch before bringing it back 27 yards. He also had eight carries for 54 yards while flashing his stiff-arm to Cowboys safety Jeff Heath in the open field on a 23-yard run to the left. So, in two preseason games, the Aussie has 258 total yards, averaging 9.0 yards per carry, 21.6 yards per punt return and 33.0 yards per kickoff return.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I just watched the 49ers/Cowboys game and Hayne was electric in the open field. That over the shoulder catch was ridiculous. I don't see how he doesn't make the team and I guess I won't be fast-forwarding the punt returns this year.

hayne.0.0.gif

hayne2.0.0.gif

Bowman looked fierce in the few plays he was in this week. If he comes back as his old self the defense is going to be pretty solid I think. The line has looked good and the safeties are both solid. Only question will be the corners and if somebody can pressure the QB in Aldon Smith's spot. The Offense I'm less confident in but Carlos Hyde has looked great carrying the ball in preseason so I think it will mostly come down to whether Kaepernick gets better or worse this year.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I don't know if I've ever seen somebody field a punt with his back to the field before, let alone turn around and gain 25 yards afterwards.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Meh seems like a non-story. RG3 needs work and game reps. Gruden was giving him work and game reps. He needs to know how to play after getting hit. If RG3 is such a glassy nancy that he requires to get taken out of the game after getting hit what will Gruden do in a real game? It isn't like RG3's tendons and skeleton will just fuse into steel in the next 2 preseason games.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Man, those gifs give me hope that the 49ers will at least have a few highlight reel plays on their way to the basement of the league.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
They're special teams gifs from preseason. Special teams is a complete clusterfuck in pre season because it is full of the 60-90th position players.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
That article seems to blame Gruden for all that is wrong with Griffin, when most of it was there before he got there. And then its only solution is to just get rid of RGKnee. Which is something he doesn't have the power to do. And the Organization isn't going to get rid of him either as the owner is in love with him. Which is where the real problem begins/ends.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
If you want to blame a Coach for RGKnee's current state I think you need to take a look at Shanahan long before you look at Gruden. Not that Gruden is doing him any favors either.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
If you want to blame a Coach for RGKnee's current state I think you need to take a look at Shanahan long before you look at Gruden. Not that Gruden is doing him any favors either.
I agree with this as well. No way should RGKnee have started that playoff game against the Hawks. I don't care what that kid said. If he doesn't blow out his knee in that game, maybe his first off season is different and he realizes the talent he obviously has. However maybe not, there is enough published about him being super egotistical so he may not have decided he needed to learn things.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I suspect he was asking about the discussion still being split between this thread and the offseason thread and not about any thread that never existed. Since there isn't an actual preseason thread (or any need for one), I imagine NFL talk will remain split between the two threads until the season starts.