NFL 2016 - <whatever Tony is doing>

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Romo is done in Dallas, sorry Dallas fans, your future is now. This is Bledsoe/Brady all over again and you're to blind with Romo love to see it.

• 2Cutler
Reactions: 1 users

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Romo is done in Dallas, sorry Dallas fans, your future is now. This is Bledsoe/Brady all over again and you're to blind with Romo love to see it.

I literally just said Romo should be traded next year when it's possible before you posted that which makes your blanket statement retarded.

• 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 user

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Romo to the Browns for the Eagles pick, draft that LSU rb whose name I don't properly know how to spell and to lazy to Google. Gordon, Romo, LSU rb...might be able to attract some free agents to take that 50 million in available cap space on the defensive side of the ball.
First play of the season Fournette runs into Romo, tears up his leg and paralyzes Romo from the neck down.

• 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I was kind of hoping Romo would get traded to Denver before the deadline...followed by a Dallas/Denver Super Bowl where Romo would break Cowboy hearts with a lot of yards in garbage time, followed by a game winning pick to Sean Lee who is then stripped and recovered by Denver and returned for the game winning TD. Romo chokes to cause a Dallas loss late in the 4th, Denver only wins SB's in 2's.

Universe secure.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Romo goes to the Redskins and they lock down the division until he retires crushing Dallas hopes every year until he does.

I also love Merriths suggestion.

• 1Cutler

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Romo goes to the Redskins and they lock down the division until he retires crushing Dallas hopes every year until he does.

I also love Merriths suggestion.

until he retires? So like the end of the season?

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
There's always Browns

also, Kaep is a fucking grade A moron. Why is he still yapping?

moontayle

Golden Squire
and Jerry Jones cares about that exactly how?
I like how this is still a thing. Jerry hasn't been the one making personnel decisions for years. He's long since deferred to Stephen Jones, Will McClay, and JG. Still part of the process, but he's let them run the show for the past 4+ years. If he hadn't we'd be looking at Manziel instead of Dak and wouldn't have a key piece of this dominant O-line in Martin. Stephen is also the money guy. You'll notice a distinct lack of "cap hell" talk for the Cowboys over the last few years, and he's the reason.

So financially speaking, there's nothing to gain by releasing Romo, and I think they respect him too much to try and trade him to someone who isn't in a position to win within 1-2 years of the trade. Romo isn't Favre or Bledsoe, he won't let ego get in the way of letting the organization move on from him if there's a better option on the team.

• 1Like

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Half the cowboy fans in this thread were pissed about drafting Elliot and blamed Jerry at draft. Probably comes from stuff like that.

• 1Cutler

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Half the cowboy fans in this thread were pissed about drafting Elliot and blamed Jerry at draft. Probably comes from stuff like that.
Admittedly yes... It has been like 15 years since a top 5 running back has actually paid off. Reggie Bush, Ronnie Brown, Darren McFadden, and Trent Richardson send their regards. You have to go all the way back to 2001 for LaDainian Tomlinson to make the argument it worked.

As for Dak, not even the Cowboys saw this coming. Dak was like the 6th QB on their board. They had a hard on for Paxton Lynch, but the Bronco's stole him.

Cowboys got lucky as fuck this year.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Bubbles is dumb af.

tumblr_n8b54nHLP51qkbzpso1_500.gif

tumblr_n8b54nHLP51qkbzpso1_500.gif

• 3Like
  • 1Cutler
Reactions: 3 users

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
First the trade deadline has come and gone, second the cap prevented Romo before the deadline from being traded. Any and all talks of him being traded this year was by people too retarded to understand how the salary cap works. Nothing could've been done to change that fact either, no reworking his deal, no extension, they owe 19M in cap that they have already paid him and if he is traded it all comes on the books at once. It's not a big deal next year and trading him while puts 19M in dead money, it saves 5M in cap space and 54M over 3 years. Romo is gone next year, he will be traded. Whoever trades for Romo only has to pay him 14M, anyone who says cut is a fucking moron as well. Remember the difference between keeping Romo and getting rid of him is 5M next year, 5M for a back up QB isn't unusual.

TLDR Romo never could have been traded this year, will not be cut next year more than likely traded worse case scenario he is the backup.

• 1Cutler