NFL 2016 - <whatever Tony is doing>

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Shaun Hill named starter this week. So the Vikes gave all that up for a veteran QB who they can't design a playbook around on short notice.

Seems legit.

Are you fucking retarded? No sane person expected Bradford to start this week. Remember when the Vikings tried this with Josh Freeman? Probably not, because you are a moron who expects a quarterback who has been with a team 8 days to start.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Learning hundreds of pages of plays and then learning the verbiage to call them with 20 word sentences in a week is ez pz

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If Bradford can stay healthy(big if) Vikes are going to do well. I think he's finally just healthy and is in a pretty damn good position there. That team is built to win now and they have some decent weapons. He can make all the throws needed and Norv Turner like to go deep. Last year he didn't have his legs under him early but towards the end and going into this season he looked pretty damn solid. I saw him winning 8 games with my eagles but I bet they win 10+ there. I'd prefer injury and no wins tho:)

Last edited:

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
9/11 anniversary on a Sunday is bad. All I can think about is football. Gotta act solemn when people talk about it while my inner self is bouncing off the fucking wall thinking about all the games happening.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Learning hundreds of pages of plays and then learning the verbiage to call them with 20 word sentences in a week is ez pz
Except he doesn't need to know the entire playbook.

An NFL playbook should essentially be identical outside of the verbiage. Bradford should know all the plays, just not the verbiage, after 6 years in the league. But that ignores the main thing I said, that the Vikings can't design a playbook on short notice for a veteran QB. No team is calling every single play in the playbook, that's ridiculous. Give him maybe 20 to 30 plays (which are all similar anyway), and run it like that.

If a 6 year NFL vet can't come in and handle that, he probably wasn't worth a 1st and conditional 4th, wouldn't you agree?

If Hill was sufficient to start this week over Bradford, he's probably sufficient for the entire season. So the entire trade looks even worse.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Norv Turner's offense is notoriously difficult to learn. Greg Jennings and others have all mentioned how hard it is to learn.

So no, I don't agree. Sorry but you're not likely going to go with some vanilla package and be successful, and they can lean on their running game and defense.

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's not just verbiage. He has no rhythm with the receivers. He has to understand line calls, audible options within the offense, 2 min packages, etc. This is a tough situation for Bradford to walk into and rarely have I seen it work immediately. Hill can run the full offense. I know Hill is not the best QB but until Bradford has at least an idea of what to do he is a far better option.

I frankly don't expect Bradford to be worth the 1 and change they are giving up, though I do get the organization is in a win now or die situation. New Stadium, aging Peterson, good personnel on the current roster.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I didn't really expect Bradford to start this soon either, it'll be interesting to see how long it takes though.

Looking forward to Dallas/Giants game. Feel like with Romo hurt our chances at repeating as division champs went from pretty small to outside chance at possible. That game should have some early returns on who to worry about. Also I just want to see if Dak is that good and Dallas puts up 30+ (of if the Giants REALLY overpaid their new D).

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
First week outcomes are typically not a sure bet of things to come. There will always be a few teams/players that look terrible week 1 and end the year somewhere at the top. Remember all the shit about Brady being done a few years back?

I

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It takes time, unfortunately most people in society are insta gratification dipshits.

All you need to remember is Aaron Rodgers and the R-E-L-A-X shit from a few years ago. Even great teams offenses etc go through slumps

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
If a 6 year NFL vet can't come in and handle that, he probably wasn't worth a 1st and conditional 4th, wouldn't you agree?

If Hill was sufficient to start this week over Bradford, he's probably sufficient for the entire season. So the entire trade looks even worse.

No. This is just stupid. No one believes that Bradford was worth the 1st round pick but the Vikings are built to win right now. Based upon that, they didn't have any good options except to pick up a QB & Philly knew that which allowed them to take advantage.

What you're suggesting is that they should have cut the playbook down to some base packages and tossed Bradford right into the mix in an effort to justify the trade. That's an excellent way to see him fail and have the fanbase turn on him rapidly, which they won't need much reason to due to giving up the 1st to get him. Since the season actually lasts longer than a single week, sitting Bradford and giving him time to adjust and pick up a notoriously complicated offense is the right decision.

What will define whether or not the trade was good is if the Vikings can make it to the post-season and if Bradford was the difference maker in achieving that. While I don't think he will be, I can at least appreciate that they're smart enough to realize that they need to put him in the best position to succeed for the entire season, which is why he's sitting today.

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
All he has to do is be slightly better than Teddy, which statistically is achievable. But they don't need him to start that this week.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Was listening to Brian Westbrook talk on my way home earlier about what Wentz is up against today. Pretty much just validated my thoughts about his lack of reps so far.. But anyway, he basically said as a rookie he was at every camp, OTA and played in every pre-season game and still felt completely lost the first game of the season so can't imagine Wentz being anywhere remotely ready to be starting. I can only imagine how much harder it is on a rookie QB to begin with.. I'll just be happy if he gets rid of the ball on time and doesn't take too many hits. Hope they run the RBs into the ground today.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Dear Sirs,

My TV died last night, and I was unable to procure a new one in time for kickoff today. I pay for literally everything. How do I watch shit on my laptop? Please halp.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
ALL RIGHT YOU BITCHES PREPARE YOUR BUTTS FOR THE SAN DIEGO SUPER CHARGERS!

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Was listening to Brian Westbrook talk on my way home earlier about what Wentz is up against today. Pretty much just validated my thoughts about his lack of reps so far.. But anyway, he basically said as a rookie he was at every camp, OTA and played in every pre-season game and still felt completely lost the first game of the season so can't imagine Wentz being anywhere remotely ready to be starting. I can only imagine how much harder it is on a rookie QB to begin with.. I'll just be happy if he gets rid of the ball on time and doesn't take too many hits. Hope they run the RBs into the ground today.

Not too bad so far!