NFL 2017-18: Watch athletes destroy their brains

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Really wanted Smith to end up on the Jags. Oh well, rootin' for him as always.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I wonder if they just pissed Cousins off badly enough with the franchise tags and other nonsense that he wanted out and told them that the only way he was staying in DC is if they keep franchising him. Obviously he's going to have multiple options for next year.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Von Miller on Dan Patrick Show today, where is he going to end up?

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
He is free to choose, doubt his landing will be the Browns unless they make him the highest paid QB ever

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
the only "true" way- in my opinion- to get Good TNF games is- Bye Week games.

Week 1 is a no brainer since, well preseason.

rest of the year, you have to have the teams that had a bye week the week before play.

that way noone can complain "didn't get enough rest, lack of preparation etc...
pats get week 9 off,,,week 10 TNF game

steelers get week 5 off,, week 6 TNF

Etc.

granted instead of 3 days to prep for thursdays game, they would get 10 days, then another 9 days to prep for the next game.

• 1Like

Zzen

Potato del Grande
This trade is even dumber than the idea of selling stock in rere.

What in the actual fuck.

tenor.gif

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I wonder why Smith chose/accepted them (assuming no trade would have been made without the extension)? Just the money and years? Eagles will own that division for a while and there were other teams that had better parts. A place like Denver would have made sense, though maybe Reid wouldn't have sent him in division. Still, maybe the Vikings or Cardinals it Jaguars.

Like what the Chiefs got for him, though.
I don't think Smith had any say whatsoever in the trade. Pretty sure he didn't have any sort of no-trade clause in his contract.

Edit: Oh, or are you just saying why he chose to extend there. I am guessing it comes down to money and knowing that is probably as much as he is going to get.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
He had zero clue yesterday morning on the Dan Patrick Show. If he did, he needs to pursue acting

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Smith probably doesn't give any fucks. He sleep walked through 7 seasons in San Fransisco, played competent ball for Kansas City the last 4 years while not really fucking it up, and now he will do the same for Washington. Congrats Redskin fans!

It's sad but Alex isn't winning any game in which his team is down by 10+. He is simply one of the worse down field threats the league has ever seen, and he was terrible on 3rd down for a long time.

He has gotten a bit better and hes pretty good in the red zone now, but he isn't going to elevate Washington higher than Cousins. This is a 8 win team or maybe 9 wins tops for the next 4 years. They still have to compete in a tough division, The Eagles are the class of the conference, and there is still the Falcons, Seahawks, Panthers, Vikings, Saints, Packers, Rams and now most likely a much better 49er team competing for a playoff spot.

I will be surprised if Washington makes the playoffs at all during Alex Smith's run there.

• 3Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Jozu

Yea because of fucking Tyreke Hill and Kareem Hunt racking up all those YAC. Do you even watch the games lol.

Im not trying to take anything away from him, but the consensus in the Chiefs locker room was Alex cant make the throws Mahomes can, and they are happy to move forward with the rookie, even AFTER the season Smith had statistically. He isnt going to just turn into a down field meastro and ball out in Washington. Cousins is arguably a better QB at this point in their respective careers, I dont see how he is an upgrade.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
If anyone is to blame for his lack of becoming great, it is your organization that did it.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
Didn't Smith have a new OC like every year in SF? That org ruined his career imo

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Jozu

I don't disagree. The 49ers ownership situation with Jed York is probably one of the worse in the league, having 4 different head coaches in 4 seasons, that's fucking unheard of. (and yea I think Smith played with 7 different offensive coordinators in 7 seasons)

And perhaps a terrible roster stunted his growth, but when you see a guy like Jimmy G go in there, with basically fucking NOTHING to work with on offense, take over a 1-9 team, the worse in 49er history, and win games shows it's not always about talent.

Marquise Goodwin went from a non factor to a top 10 WR option after Garoppolo took over. A rookie TE went from anonymous to being a young playmaker going forward.

QB play is extremely important, and it's one of the few positions that transcend itself and can affect the entire roster. Brady is a great example of this, as he is successful with Randy Moss or Reche Caldwell.

Last edited:

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So I made it the entire year without watching a single NFL game. But I saw the Smith thing this morning and I just had to laugh. Being a (former?) Redskins fan, shit like that really helps reinforce the decision not to support the NFL. Why bother following a team that just continues to make questionable personnel decisions every year?

Anyway, speaking of not watching, I'm torn on whether to watch the Super Bowl or not. For the most part, I really don't care at all. But still, it's the Super Bowl, and the former fan in me still appreciate the entire spectacle of it. Plus, seeing the Eagles remain championship-less would likely be satisfying.