NFL 2017 Offseason - Where does Romo go?

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
1) I'm kind of shocked the Jets realize the season is already over this early into the (pre-)season.

2) I assumed, and I assumed everyone else assumed, that unless the Patriots suffer numerous key injuries, they would waltz into the Super Bowl fucking yet again. But seeing analysis (napkin math analysis, but still analysis) like this: FPI's 2017 NFL projections: Odds for divisions, playoffs, No. 1 pick, more has me already looking at 2018.

Their formula massively over rates the Ravens ability to score touchdowns and thus win football games. 60 yard FGs from Tucker are still only worth 3 points in real football.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pitta released. Saves 2.5M and over 80 catches gone.

Just get Tucker to the 45 yard line!

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Too many of those catches were short of the sticks with no chance for any YAC though. Some of that's on playcalling but not all. He was Flacco's safety valve but not one who was getting us any conversions, get other people involved. More importantly, can we still fix the line and create any run game?

This Maclin signing might really happen now too, hopefully he's the right choice versus Decker.

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Too many of those catches were short of the sticks with no chance for any YAC though. Some of that's on playcalling but not all. He was Flacco's safety valve but not one who was getting us any conversions, get other people involved. More importantly, can we still fix the line and create any run game?

This Maclin signing might really happen now too, hopefully he's the right choice versus Decker.

Well, that's what TE's not named Gronk generally do. We both know the entire offense was checkdown central last year because WRs under 50 yrs old do not exist on a Ravens roster.

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
For the two of us paying attention, Maclin didn't sign with the Ravens today.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Jets are trade shopping Decker but who the hell would do that when they know he'll be released anyway. Ravens certainly don't have room to absorb his contract in trade.

• 1Like

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Jets are trade shopping Decker but who the hell would do that when they know he'll be released anyway. Ravens certainly don't have room to absorb his contract in trade.

I'm not sure they have room as a FA either. Pitta helped, so maybe if Oz structures it right.

Not sure which one I would prefer. Decker is probably a better fit but injury concerns....

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Don't worry Edko, I had to listen to my buddy talk about this incessantly for a couple days now. We actually both agreed it would make sense.

• 1Like

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You know what, fuck it. Let them get a couple more and put an end to sixburgh.

tvyTf3k.png

• 1Like

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
See Edko? Nothing to worry about. Maclin to Ravens on 2 year deal

It's a good signing. My friends are all dancing over the potential of Maclin Wallace and Perriman, so I guess the offense is 3 go routes and a quick screen to Woodhead.

Desperately need a RT and a center. I wonder if Mangold will pass a physical at some point.

• 1Like