NFL 2017 Offseason - Where does Romo go?

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Torrey Smith Reportedly Will Be Released by 49ers

A little surprised by this move. Sure he hasn't done much in SF so far, but it isn't like the 49ers didn't have huge glaring issues all around on offense. Their receiving corps are so thin I figured they would have wanted to keep him around for at least some veteran presence. It isn't like they are hurting in cap space.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I heard an interview with Torrey right after Lynch and Shanahan had their first press conference and they asked him if he got to ask a question at that press conference what would it have been. His response was "We went 2-14, are you going to cut me, yes or no?". I guess now he has his answer.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
  • 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 user

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Adrian Peterson would reportedly consider team-friendly deal to play for Patriots

The Vikings let go of Adrian Peterson, by not picking up his option in 2017 , after several years of injury and under production from the running back... He needs a team willing to utilize a running back out of power formations and a team where he can win without taking a bunch of money.

Enter the Patriots, who have long been a haven for veterans interested in chasing a ring without actually being paid the equivalent of their name and/or production.

According to Karen Guregian of the Boston Herald, Peterson might be interested in one of the Patriots patented, late-career, big-name veteran contracts.

From Guregian:

A source close to Peterson told the Herald that since AP has already earned a ton — more than $97 million is his career — it’s certainly something he’d consider. Peterson knows how it worked out for Darrelle Revis and Chris Long. But naturally, there will be a lot of teams in the mix, including the Vikings. And, of course, the Pats would have to want to bring in an aging back with an injury history, not to mention baggage....

If this really does happen and Peterson can find his form, the Patriots are going to be favourites for the next SB again.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Just curious Kaines, why are they waiting until Thursday to release Romo?

Because Jerry will hold out hope that some desperate team will throw him a great trade offer to try and get Romo. When that doesn't happen, he will be designated as a post-June 1 cut on the first day of FA.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Because Jerry will hold out hope that some desperate team will throw him a great trade offer to try and get Romo. When that doesn't happen, he will be designated as a post-June 1 cut on the first day of FA.

You didn't watch the video I linked, You don't get the 14 million until June 1st. See you at midnight come Friday to laugh.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
reports are that Jimmy G for the Pats IS available...if the price is right..... according to weei sources the browns inquired about trading for him... the pats asked for 2...that is right TWO first round picks for him.

also report is bennett is looking for ~9 mill a year to sign...butler will most likely get the first round tender offer of 3.75 mil for restricted FA signings...

and if you want to EAT like tom brady, tb12 is -starting in april- doing a meal plan based on his diet.....(not a chance i would do it- i like red meat too much)

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
LOL at any team who pays 2 first round picks for Garoppolo. It is possible he is a good QB, but he also could just be a Patriots system QB.

Holy hell, he has only thrown 94 passes.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
LOL at any team who pays 2 first round picks for Garoppolo. It is possible he is a good QB, but he also could just be a Patriots system QB.

Holy hell, he has only thrown 94 passes.

Couldn't even manage to stay healthy 4 games either, I hear people around here make a big deal about that sort of thing.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Patriots move Jimmy G or he fucking walks next off-season for nothing and signs a $15 million /yr deal. They are bluffing hard, and Schefter is Kraft & Brady's little bitch so he'll report anything that organization fucking says.