NFL 2017 Offseason - Where does Romo go?

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Ehhhh, I think Jimmy shows good footwork and accuracy... but taking any QB from that coaching staff & system and moving them somewhere else is a risk. I mean, that team made Cassel look fucking good.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
I just don't know how that can be true and they not jump on the deal, other than no trade can be official until Thursday.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Rumor is Cousins to 49'ers for this year's second and next year's first...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Seems too expensive when they could have him for free next year. If you think he's your guy though, you gotta go for it. There aren't enough QBs to go around.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Not really. He's pretty young and is proven. I'd say it's about right.

Redskins are determined to fuck it up with Cousins.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Pats will ask for 2 firsts for Jimmy G, then settle for a 1st and 2nd or some other combo.

This year's QB draft doesn't look to be that hot, so the best time for the Pats to shop him is now (unless he really is the heir apparent, but even then, unless Brady falls off a cliff next year, they would lose him otherwise unless they paid $$$$ for a backup QB).

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
You have to wonder what the fuck Washington is thinking. Going to trade Cousins and let their receivers walk? Sounds like an amazing plan to go back to sucking.

Rumors are Rams are shopping Trumaine Johnson. Hopefully they know what they're doing and get rid of that contract, but our CB cupboard is all of a sudden extremely thin if they do.

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You have to wonder what the fuck Washington is thinking. Going to trade Cousins and let their receivers walk? Sounds like an amazing plan to go back to sucking.

Rumors are Rams are shopping Trumaine Johnson. Hopefully they know what they're doing and get rid of that contract, but our CB cupboard is all of a sudden extremely thin if they do.

Don't worry, they will still be off season champions!

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Would usually agree, but do keep in mind the perception on this year's QB class. It's baaaaaad.
Yeah I totally get it. My only gripe with the 49ers is they need every draft pick they have. They have holes to fill across the board, so it is tough to see them trade away multiple picks for him.

Hopefully it all works out though. I do have high hopes (against my better judgement) that Shanahan and Lynch will be able to start to put the 49ers back on track.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole

It sounds like maybe Cousins wants to be in San Francisco with Shanahan. If that's the case, I mean, what option does Washington have?

They basically screwed the pooch with franchising him last year on a "prove it" deal. Now they have no leverage. Cousins either plays the franchise this year and walks next (because who's paying him $40M for a year?), or they let him go now.

That said, I have no idea what Cousins is thinking. The Niners aren't going to turn it around just because Kyle takes over. The Redskins may be a mess, but the Niners are fucking dysfunctional. They may turn it around in a few years, but Cousins will be 29 going into this season. If it takes 3 years, suddenly he's probably on the downswing of his career.

If it's about competing, Cousins would be retarded to leave. If it's about money, I feel like both teams are kind of a wash.

• 1Like

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The other side of it is that Shanahan knows what skillset he wants in a QB and he had at least the rookie season to see Cousins first hand. Might have some inside scoop on his progression from inside the organization as well. If he knows what he's getting then its reasonable to do this rather than taking a crap shoot on high draft picks to develop someone.

I don't really consider 29 too old for a QB these days. He's not like some beaten down old Romo guy or something, should have a solid five to ten years of playing, assuming they can put together a line that doesn't get him killed.

• 1Like

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
As a Skins fan I absolutely want Cousins back(duh). If he does leave cause we wont pay him 25mil a year, I will be sad, but I won't rage out. If he plays for another team for like 21mil a year I will rage, but if he's getting paid 24+, then I would just be disappointed.

I understand Cousins wanting to bend Snyder over a barrel and milk out every dollar he can. But if Cousins' greed ends up causing him to be on another team, then oh well.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The other side of it is that Shanahan knows what skillset he wants in a QB and he had at least the rookie season to see Cousins first hand. Might have some inside scoop on his progression from inside the organization as well. If he knows what he's getting then its reasonable to do this rather than taking a crap shoot on high draft picks to develop someone.

I don't really consider 29 too old for a QB these days. He's not like some beaten down old Romo guy or something, should have a solid five to ten years of playing, assuming they can put together a line that doesn't get him killed.
I don't think anyone is questioning the Niners taking him. You do whatever you have to do to get a franchise QB. Personally, I think it's worth several first rounders for a guy you know is top 10. The alternative is you flounder around year after year with your first round picks not contending anyways.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
As a Skins fan I absolutely want Cousins back(duh). If he does leave cause we wont pay him 25mil a year, I will be sad, but I won't rage out. If he plays for another team for like 21mil a year I will rage, but if he's getting paid 24+, then I would just be disappointed.

I understand Cousins wanting to bend Snyder over a barrel and milk out every dollar he can. But if Cousins' greed ends up causing him to be on another team, then oh well.

As a Cowboys fan I will miss Cousins and his 1-6 record against them, but hey he beat Matt Cassel so has that going for him.

• 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users