NFL 2017 Offseason - Where does Romo go?

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
49ers To Sign Brian Hoyer
49ers To Sign WR Marquise Goodwin

Role is not immediately clear.

Yeah my hope for Romo is Denver would bite on a move-up scenario in the first round, sadly that did not happen. Also expect it to go to the Martin extension.

Latest On Joe Mixon

Seen some scouts takes that they believe he is the best back in a loaded RB draft (I don't agree). Seems possible he could be a late first rounder.

Also, Wiz, who are you hoping we retain in FA out of Church, Carr, Claiborne, Wilcox etc?

Depends on the price, wouldn't pay a single one of them more than 3 million a year. Carr because he can stay healthy at 3 million I wouldn't mind, Church is gone, Wilcox and his god awful angles can carry his ass, Claiborne was good but can't stay healthy.

Draft draft draft is all I can say, they've done well drafting. Expect cheap veterans that aren't flashy to fill the voids at all but WR. I think they might spend a little on a WR.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Texans with the top defense last year WITHOUT JJ Watt and now getting him back and signing Romo would make them a pretty legit team

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I'm a fan of McCloughan's eval skills but the bottle is a demanding mistress. It's not like any talented person has success with Snyder for too long. I expect them to fuck the Cousins Sweepstakes and compete with Philly for 4th every year for the next decade. I wish @Convo was reading this right now...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I really hope the 49ers just wait on Cousins. The dude has mostly proven at this point that he's a solid, franchise-esque QB and I'd rather we just put all the other pieces in place and wait to get him next season when he's "cheap".

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Yup, 100% agree, Kirun. Yes I would love to have him on our team, but as I mentioned before there are so many holes to fill I don't want to give up any extra picks, especially if we can just grab him in FA next year.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
I'm a fan of McCloughan's eval skills but the bottle is a demanding mistress. It's not like any talented person has success with Snyder for too long. I expect them to fuck the Cousins Sweepstakes and compete with Philly for 4th every year for the next decade. I wish @Convo was reading this right now...

If you tune out the media outlets that Dan Snyder owns and refer to those that he doesn't own word is that it isn't about his drinking. It's basically a power struggle. McCloughan had no real say. It's back to the Snyder/Allen shit show in DC. It came down to McCloughan saying fuck this shit, you hired me to be the GM, but you don't let me build the roster and make decisions. Now we can all say Scotty, dude, you should have known this. Did he really think he would have any power there?

McCloughan was the one guy (other than Gruden) that wanted to sign Cousins to a long term deal LAST offseason. Snyder and Allen are the ones that have never been a fan of Cousins. Remember Mike Shanahan was the one that pushed to draft Cousins in the same draft as RG3. It was Mike and Kyle that wanted to move on from RG3 to Cousins years ago against the wishes of the owner. Snyder has been anti-Cousins since the day they took him in the draft since it always fucked with the RG3 savior narrative he wanted.

And btw I use the word fan correctly there. That's how Snyder has treated his team for 2 decades. The mere fact that this fucking turd is that in depth into football decisions is the same crap that this franchise has dealt with since he bought the team. Remember the stories about Stephen Jones "tackling" Jerrah so the latter didn't draft Manziel? That was an outright intervention. Here in DC that would never happen. Same shit, different day.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ravens signing Danny Woodhead. Now Joe has his dump down RB in place and he will probably catch 100 balls in this current offense.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
GcLTokl.png

• 1Solidarity

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I liked Danny he was pretty popular with the Chargers fans. I hope he stays healthy on the Ravens and he does big things. The Ravens can thank Weddle for the assist on this I'm sure.

• 1Like

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you tune out the media outlets that Dan Snyder owns and refer to those that he doesn't own word is that it isn't about his drinking. It's basically a power struggle.

Yeah I saw it speculated that Snyder is trying to force him to quit so that he doesn't have to pay the rest of the contract by firing him. Which apparently he's done before. He's getting the George Costanza treatment!

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Interesting. now we have to see what happens with butler.

one thing i heard listing to felger -about jimmy G. and the pats asking for 2 first round DP's. yesterday a caller brought it up, a non exclusive franchised player to be signed by another team costs them......

2 first round draft picks. so Essentially belichick is saying, you WANT Jimmy G... it will costs you 2 first rounders THIS YEAR,...and if noone bites, NEXT year he will cost you the same amount when we franchise him.

as for the CB signing...interesting to see what the guarantees are and what happens with butler-butler imo should get market rate too. but he is restricted and the 1st round tender is 3.9 mil. by the pats.

and yes gronk has gone without missing a game and a few seasons with missing only 1 game.
first two years in the league - didn't miss a game
and in 14 and 15 missed only 1 game.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I'm going to need a romo memorial avatar to wear if he really gets cut today. Can someone hook me up?

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
Oh god, I would be so happy if this is true:

Edit: Nice pick up if true:

Last edited: