NFL 2017 Offseason - Where does Romo go?

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Unless you want a QB or stud OL early this years draft is great. Best RB class in quite some time, CB is stacked with DE being even more plentiful while WR is just as stacked as CB. Probably the worst QB draft in quite some time, Guard/OT/C isn't very deep early but isn't horrible in rounds 2-4 so if you're wanting that stud offensive lineman that is a sure thing early you're not going to be happy because theirs only 2 maybe 3.

Most scouts on any given draft have first round grades on 15-20 players in any given draft, this year the ones I pay attention to have 25 and 28 this year. Great RB, DE, CB, WR, DL, below average OL early rounds but picks up 2-4, average Safety class and piss poor QB class.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Damn straight! I listen to Rusillo and Kanell daily(because it's what I have), and Danny Kanell said he wanted that backup position after a while. He promotes it as a damn good living...which is exactly what it is. As successful as Matt Flynn has been I think Josh McCown is the stud. 13 years and counting.

I've heard the same. Super deep draft. Time for the Browns to make their climb back...........

McCown has the longetivity but he also does have 60 career starts with 2100+ pass attempts. That's not quite riding the pine. Someone like Chase Daniel is more impressive in mastering the backup role -- 7 seasons in the league, exactly two starts, only 78 pass attempts total, while being one of the highest paid NFL backups.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
McCown has the longetivity but he also does have 60 career starts with 2100+ pass attempts. That's not quite riding the pine. Someone like Chase Daniel is more impressive in mastering the backup role -- 7 seasons in the league, exactly two starts, only 78 pass attempts total, while being one of the highest paid NFL backups.

Very true. I've always liked McCown just because he's actually been considered good enough to hold the starting position for short periods while never quite being good enough. He actually can say he was good enough to be a decent starter with a straight face. Hell, he will probably end with more starts than such talents like RG3, Kaeperdick, Hoyer, Bridgewater, Ponder and Geno Smith to name a few. Guy is a monster!

Last edited:

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Geno Smith talking to the Giants. Geno Smith ruining Cowboy seasons coming to a season near you.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Unless you want a QB or stud OL early this years draft is great. Best RB class in quite some time, CB is stacked with DE being even more plentiful while WR is just as stacked as CB. Probably the worst QB draft in quite some time, Guard/OT/C isn't very deep early but isn't horrible in rounds 2-4 so if you're wanting that stud offensive lineman that is a sure thing early you're not going to be happy because theirs only 2 maybe 3.

Most scouts on any given draft have first round grades on 15-20 players in any given draft, this year the ones I pay attention to have 25 and 28 this year. Great RB, DE, CB, WR, DL, below average OL early rounds but picks up 2-4, average Safety class and piss poor QB class.
Jamal Adams and Malik Hooker both look to be beastly NFL players at safety. Adams especially looked like a corner in his drills with how he can flip his hips and turn and run without losing speed, something rare in a safety....and he can tackle. You also did not mention tight end, and there could very well be two 1st round tight ends taken this year which is the best TE class I have seen in a long time.

But yea, all the QBs look like unfinished products/projects and the tackle class is the worst its been in a long time.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Jamal Adams and Malik Hooker both look to be beastly NFL players at safety. Adams especially looked like a corner in his drills with how he can flip his hips and turn and run without losing speed, something rare in a safety....and he can tackle. You also did not mention tight end, and there could very well be two 1st round tight ends taken this year which is the best TE class I have seen in a long time.

But yea, all the QBs look like unfinished products/projects and the tackle class is the worst its been in a long time.

Safety has it's stars but falls off a cliff after the first two rounds, TE I just forgot about entirely it's really stacked though it's kind of like safety in that there are a few big names but TE is deep all the way into the 4th round. Njoku and Howard are the stars but Engram, Shaheen, Everett, Hodges, Butt, Leggett offer plenty of depth. Safety doesn't have that depth, it has Hooker and Adams but if you arent picking early you aren't snagging them and no telling what Peppers plays. Obi is physical freak but his tape doesn't match his measurables, Baker looks to be a great 2nd round pick, King might be a CB but a solid 2nd and after that you have questionable 3rd round talent with Williams, Jackson and Jones. Safety is one of the positions that if you need, pick early because the quality drops fast.

RB, DE, CB, WR, TE, DT, S, LB, OL, QB in that order.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
They were talking about Osweiler maybe finding his way to the 49ers on the radio. Make it so.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Sources: Cowboys not expected to trade Romo

And we're back to Romo probably being released.

Stop listening to ESPN, Ian I don't understand the salary cap and tweet every rumor I've ever heard Rapaport, PFT and listen to what the Cowboys have said the entire time. They are in no rush, Jerry made it clear they have no problem waiting. It's a game of chicken, the Texans and Broncos can refuse to pay and they can go in to OTA's without Romo and training camp.

Cowboys can release Romo the day before the season starts and pft can lie to you and claim they have to cut Romo before OTA's because if he shows up and gets injured his base salary is guranteed, what they won't tell you is Dallas can tell him to gtfo and not allow him in the building. Will Romo be cut? I don't know but good for the Cowboys in refusing to give up a valuable commodity just because other teams think they can dumpster dive and get him for free.

Oh I forgot the laughable suggestion that Romo will retire and replace Lynch at Fox, hope they pay more than 5 million because that's what he will owe Jerry if he retires.

Last edited:

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
They were talking about Osweiler maybe finding his way to the 49ers on the radio. Make it so.

hqdefault.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Surprised no one mentioned the Skins nabbing Pryor, even if just a 1 year deal. Because it's a CHEAP one year deal. Kid is raw, but I think he has potential to be a true #1. A lot less pressure on Doctson this year now to replace Garcon/Jackon's production. Cousins will have 6'4 Pryor, 6'2 Docton, 6'2 Reed, and 6'3 Davis to throw to. Along with Crowder in the slot.

Oh wait. I forgot all the other shit. Bruce Allen and Danny Boy making their power play and fucking over the team's future. Funny enough they're still going by Scotty Mac's FA and Draft plans for this offseason...so I guess we'll be okay this year! Just completely fucked going forward when Cousins ends up walking and all we'll get out of it is a 3rd round compensatory pick. Just sad to see us flirt with being a decent team again, with pieces to try to build off of, to super dysfunctional Redskins again. I look forward to a season of whatever followed by doomsday. Letting Baker walk for what we did was just terrible. It's sad b/c I really like the Pryor and Swearinger signings. Oh well.

• 2Solidarity

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
It's ok. Just declare yourself a Fan Free Agent. No one will fault a Redskin fan for ditching. Find a new team and move on. It will be the best decision you ever make.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
Well, a great player hung it up today:

He helped Denver win their third ring, and set Von on a smarter path. Going to miss him.

LOL, I loved this play:

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Think he was a Parcells draft pick no?

100% HoF bound, great guy great player.

• 2Solidarity