NFL 2017 Offseason - Where does Romo go?

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Just getting back to the thread, but 100% what Wombat said. It's antiquated thinking, but it's what we have.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Well, it has to be something besides football to make you proud to be a fan.

This iceburn deserves the Rams victory Gif.

wxskVOU.gif

Also San Diego wouldn't pay and they lost the Chargers too. At least that faggot Spanos can say he cannot easily finance his own stadium. He's on the poor end of the billionaire owners.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Miami got fucked with the marlins,and we are currently for the heat and the Marlins stadiums.
Fuck paying for anything else, that is two too many.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This team will set new records for arrests. A roster full of NFL players living in Vegas for half the year, what could go wrong.

I hope everyone in Oakland straight up boycotts the games this season. If they are moving in the Niners' house for a season next year then its probably even more likely that the stadium will be desolate. I can't wait to see some empty ass Raiders games. Or they will be playoff caliber and it will be a big going away party, idk. If they were still dogshit then the place would probably be a ghost town.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Many of my friends are Raiders fans and the split is leaning more towards the boycott side but some want to enjoy what years they have left. Bet it will be easier to get tickets but games will still sell out.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Most Raider fans support the team no matter where they go. The boycott is a nothing burger.

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
I lived in Vegas for 5 years, and there's already a ton of Raiders fans there. My facebook feed is full of them today. The Raiders will do fine there.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Patriots couldn't get local funding, YES they got a good deal on the land but Kraft ended up having to privately finance the stadium. the 5 pro teams in boston all have privately owned stadiums- pats and revolution have gillette, bruins celtics have the garden (delaware north) red sox have fenway.

worked out great for the krafts imo. spend ~5 hundred million dollars on the land and stadium etc, just on TICKET prices- at least 100 million dollars a year(home games only-not including playoffs) for the pats games- add in -recently- at least 1 playoff game - another 15 million ish gross Just for tickets per game.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Sounds like they are adding a rule to ban leaping over the center to block FG's and XP's

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
It is already illegal to jump over the center... it is NOT- currently- illegal to jump "between" the center and the next guy.

it is another rule to prevent something that a few patriots (former as well) are good at if they time it right...van noy? i think it was got called for the penalty either in the playoffs or the SB, even though he followed the rule correctly(not jumping over the center).

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>

A lot of QQ out of the bay. The NFL enjoyed unprecedented success the last two decades after moving 4 franchise in a shorter period of time in the 90s. And budget projections for the Las Vegas stadium were based on 60% occupancy and were stress tested against recessions and whatnot. The only possible opportunity that came about after years of trying to get a new stadium in Oakland manifested after the team had moved on - and was not enough to get them to stay due to a number of issues.

It is already illegal to jump over the center... it is NOT- currently- illegal to jump "between" the center and the next guy.

it is another rule to prevent something that a few patriots (former as well) are good at if they time it right...van noy? i think it was got called for the penalty either in the playoffs or the SB, even though he followed the rule correctly(not jumping over the center).

You can jump over the center, you just can't be on the line of scrimmage at the snap in front of the center, nor can you make contact with him during the jump.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I'd like to know as well. Is there some kind of scenario I'm not thinking of that would make betting on the local team somehow worse than any other game?

I guess it's all about access. It's not that they think the sports books will fix games, but they might think some schmo with a gambling problem is more likely to get a job with the team and be tempted to do shit. I don't think it's a legitimate concern, but the appearance of impropriety is what they're trying to avoid.

You're alone on this one, Hoss. Taxpayers should not be the ones left on the hook to support their team. Especially when privately funded stadiums have been a thing recently. The San Francisco Giants park was privately funded and so is the new Warriors stadium they're building in SF.

What the fuck? You don't even know what I think about this one. But interestingly you might be right about me standing alone. I haven't seen anyone else say that it should be a business decision for the city. City needs to decide how much the team brings in and make an offer based on that. Vegas is in a pretty good position to spend a lot without any taxpayers getting bit, but I doubt they're making a good decision based on any increased tourism from the team. I might be wrong though, I'm sure there are wizzards of smart who sat down and mathed all that shit out.

You can jump over the center, you just can't be on the line of scrimmage at the snap in front of the center, nor can you make contact with him during the jump.

That's what I thought. So what's the new rule? You can't even try to leap the center anymore? Also, the no canning the center rule was bullshit and still is bullshit. They're just putting tutu's on everyone who touches the ball now?