NFL 2017 Offseason - Where does Romo go?

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Denver I could see doing it. Although Kubiak's retirement might throw a wrench into the deal. Elway has to know that defense is still dominant but the clock is counting down. Roll the dice and trade for Romo to hope he can win 1 Super Bowl with their D? Sure you gut the future a bit...but you win 2 Lombardi's in the mean time.

I'd make that bet every single time. It's too damn hard to put together a championship squad to just waste the opportunities when given. Look at Indy all those years with Manning. Brees short-lived run in NO. Marino, that one magical year in Chicago, etc, ect, etc. They have the defense to get there. Romo has a couple years left if they get an OL. It has a good chance in hell of working out. I think Romo is too brittle to make it happen but even having a year like Favre did in Minnesota? That's better than the shit they put on display this year. Or the shit they would put out next year too. They don't have a Dak on that squad. Not one they can trust for a year or two. Why waste that incredible defense?

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Romo doesnt make that team a 2x SB winning team. Demarcus Ware at this point in his career is done. Hes barely played 1 season over the last two, not to mention that defense lost a big piece in Malik Jackson from their SB defense. Teams ran all over Denver this year. Its still a dominant defense on the back end, but Von Miller cant do it all on his own. Not sure how you call a defense that was 28th!!!! in rush defense a dominant defense.

And that's not even the biggest thing to consider.....which is you have to now couple Romo's injury history with that awful OL in Denver and where does that leave you? Back to square 1.

I mean....elephant in the room is still........

Rankings

Last edited:

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Well you said retards, as in plural. You definitely found one retard who was being retarded. I still think you're overreacting to his comment though, it was obviously in jest. Let it go. Romo is done and he'll finish his career as a backup. No team wants him.

I think my sarcasm about Romo was completely not coming through to some people.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Bradford is 29....... Romo is already 36 with serious injury concerns.

A team would be stupid to take on that contract or trade high picks for him. That said, never underestimate some teams stupidity.

They might be stupid to trade high picks because of the injury concern but you're going to need to elaborate how taking on that contract is stupid outside of the injury concerns. Romo is due 14 million dollars in 2017, 19.5 million in 2018 and 20.5 million in 2019 and not a single fucking penny is guaranteed.

Someone will have to pay big, it only cost 5 million more than trading him and you get to cut 2 million by not having Sanchez collecting welfare. Dallas will have all the leverage, Romo and his contract is even more friendly to the team picking him up than to the Cowboys. The only reason his cap hits look bad is because they paid him large amounts already and kicked that money to future years, all of which only the Cowboys can be hit for, not some other team.

He is either the best backup in the league or starts some where else after they trade him away. The only thing I can see is Jerry vetoing his son Stephen and trading Romo for less than they should take as a thank you to Romo otherwise they should get at bare minimum a 2nd round pick.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
The only possible way Romo is cut, is if some team comes looking for him and will absolutely not pay the cost of what the Cowboys want... And Jerry falters into a deep bro-love and cuts Romo so that he can "choose" his team. That's incredibly unlikely, and Jerry isn't that retarded. Worst case they are gonna get a 3rd for him, and probably a 2nd.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dude, age + injury concerns are EXACTLY the reasons. Nobody has to pay big on that kind of risk for a QB who is turning 37 in April.

Im fine paying a QB gobs of money, but Romo breaks something in his spine when you breathe on him. The neck injury issue with say, Peyton Manning, happened/accelerated after he was already in Denver. But even then hes Peyton Manning not Tony Romo.

Nobody with a brain would trade for and waste high picks for a QB that old and oft injured especially when the Derek Carrs and Russel Wilsons of the world are getting picked in rounds 2-3.

The only way I see it working out is that he would have to guarantee any team that gets him that he would be willing to work out a new deal

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Shit Dak was picked in the 4th, Brady in the 6th as well. Just go out draft you one in the late rounds Jets, Browns, SF, Arizona, Houston, Bears, Denver, Buffalo. It's apparently pretty easy I mean fuck they didn't even have to draft Romo and Warner was bagging groceries.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why would Arizona want a worse version of Palmer who is just as old?
Denver just spent a 1st on Lynch too which people seem to be forgetting.

The rest? You mean....gasp.....bad teams are bad at drafting? Gosh I never would have guessed......

You are straight up delusional if you think Romo is worth a 2nd.

And again, hes close to 37 and a half by the time the 2017 season kicks off. The only QBs to ever win a SB his age are Manning, Elway, and Unitas....and those guys are all in/will be in the Hall of Fame.

Last edited:

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Why would Arizona want a worse version of Palmer who is just as old?
Denver just spent a 1st on Lynch too which people seem to be forgetting.

The rest? You mean....gasp.....bad teams are bad at drafting? Gosh I never would have guessed......

You are straight up delusional if you think Romo is worth a 2nd.

Healthy Romo is worth a 2nd easily and I'd bet you money if he is traded, they get at least a 2nd $100. If however they get multiple picks, if the sum of the picks equal to the 64th pick (last pick in the second round) based off the draft trade value chart then it will be considered a second round pick.

I'm delusional, take the bet.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Earth to Burnem:

HEALTHY ROMO IS NOT A THING

I dont do retarded bets, and I already told you there are teams who are dumb enough that might do it -->doesnt mean its a good idea. Good teams understand have valuable draft picks are versus ancient, broken, fat QBs who are on backup duty from here on out.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
I thought maybe I was delusional like you said but YouTube had the video of a healthy Romo in 2017 playing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Tony Romo's 1st drive of the season --------------------------------------------------> week 17
Thanks for supporting my argument.

How far did he make it into this year? Oh right, not even to the regular season this time.

Week 3 of the preseason.

I know I would want to pay a guy a big contract who has played in 5 whole games since 2014. Makes sense.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Earth to Burnem:

HEALTHY ROMO IS NOT A THING

I dont do retarded bets, and I already told you there are teams who are dumb enough that might do it -->doesnt mean its a good idea. Good teams understand have valuable draft picks are versus ancient, broken, fat QBs who are on backup duty from here on out.

You know reality conflicts with your opinion, it's fine I understand. Reality is Romo is healthy right now and a GM will have to give up at least a 2nd round pick in order to secure a trade.

Last edited:

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You know reality conflicts with your opinion, it's fine I understand. Reality is Romo is healthy right now and a GM will give up at least a 2nd round pick in order to secure a trade.

I'll stand by my prediction that only some godawful team will even want to risk it at this point. So let's just agree to disagree and see how it plays out.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
I'll stand by my prediction that only some godawful team will even want to risk it at this point. So let's just agree to disagree and see how it plays out.

I don't think Romo is worth the risk, I don't think Romo is worth a 2nd round pick and I don't think he can avoid future injuries but he is healthy as we speak and our opinions on his worth mean jack shit when we both know someone will pay that value. I agree, we shall see how it plays out. Though I will continue to completely disagree with you on his contract, 14 million for Romo isn't big.

moontayle

Golden Squire
When healthy, Romo is a very good QB. Someone will pony up for him this offseason, it's just a question of who and for how much. I figure if Linehan lands a HC job that'll be where he ends up. A 2nd for him, with conditionals for injury and/or success in the postseason, isn't too far fetched.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
He better go somewhere with an A++ line. If not, I look forward to a strip sack on the 2nd drive of the game and Tony getting carted off the field.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well duh, most teams with good QBs aren't god awful. That's a shitty "prediction."