NFL 2018 - 2019 -- Watch America's favorite sport wither away and die

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
That game is how it feels to be a Chiefs fan your entire life. Get your hopes up and POW!

Win or Lose

Go Chiefs.

GGs rams

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not wrong, but with 10-13 seconds left I doubt they have time for two plays. Unless the Rams lets one of those guys out of bounds on a 30 yard pass?

Even if that ball was caught the clock wasn't going to stop. He wasn't going to break free to get out of bounds OR break for the endzone. So yeah, run it out of bounds and hail mary to the endzone next play.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Even if that ball was caught the clock wasn't going to stop. He wasn't going to break free to get out of bounds OR break for the endzone. So yeah, run it out of bounds and hail mary to the endzone next play.

True.

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Both offenses are great but both have serious deficiencies on defense. I mean, the Cards just held the Chiefs under 30 points.

As for Mahomes, 6 TDs is great but 5 turnovers as well. And that’s the second big game this year that he’s choked in the 4th qtr. Hardly MVP calibur.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Both offenses are great but both have serious deficiencies on defense. I mean, the Cards just held the Chiefs under 30 points.

As for Mahomes, 6 TDs is great but 5 turnovers as well. And that’s the second big game this year that he’s choked in the 4th qtr. Hardly MVP calibur.

I hate this take. They put up 21 points in the fourth quarter.

You can rightly say he had too many costly turnovers for the entire game but there wasn't a fourth quarter choke by him. Did the defense bear no responsibility? People judge too much on last plays instead of entire series or games.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente

I think the days of defenses giving up 10 points or less every week aren't realistic anymore. Now it's if you can play pretty good on 3rd down and force the occassional punt/FG you're going to be fine. Giving up 24 points every week isn't bad if you're scoring over 30.

• 1Like

Jovec

?

At home, with two defensive scores, a huge penalty advantage, +2 turnovers (discounting the last INT), questionable play calling at the end, KC had two possessions to win/tie in the last 3 minutes, and Rams squeak by with a 3 point win.

Exciting game and both teams are good, but the Rams just don't look complete. Two wins over the .500 Seahawks by a combined 7 points. 2 point win over .450 GB and maybe losing if Montgomery kneels down for the touchback. 3 point win over the .400 Broncos. The Rams have 3 blowout wins but over teams that are each 2-8. I know the Rams don't choose who they play, but that accounts for 7 of their 10 wins (with two more games against SF and Ari). 10 point loss to NO (albeit on the road) but the game wasn't quite that close. At least they will be in SoCal or indoors for the entire playoffs.

Last edited:
  • 1Cutler

Sterling

El Presidente
I hate this take. They put up 21 points in the fourth quarter.
5 turnovers is pretty bad, but the 21 4th quarter points and still having a chance to win on that final drive is positive. I think the biggest issue is Brees is also having an absurd season as well. Completing 77 percent and having a 25:1 TD/INT ratio is crazy.

• 2Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
The onslaught of spread offenses in the league and rules more oriented towards offense, the days of "dominant" defenses are over.

Pace of play in football now is insane. Exactly what the Owners want. I definitely feel for defenders.

Even if Mahomes is "doing more" it's going to be hard to beat that efficiency Brees is on pace for.

Sterling

El Presidente
The onslaught of spread offenses in the league and rules more oriented towards offense, the days of "dominant" defenses are over.

Pace of play in football now is insane. Exactly what the Owners want. I definitely feel for defenders.
I mean defense still matters. Pass rush and coverage guys are still important. You're just not going to have anything like the 85 Bears.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
At home, with two defensive scores, a huge penalty advantage, +2 turnovers (discounting the last INT), questionable play calling at the end, KC had two possessions to win/tie in the last 3 minutes, and Rams squeak by with a 3 point win.

Exciting game and both teams are good, but the Rams just don't look complete. Two wins over the .500 Seahawks by a combined 7 points. 2 point win over .450 GB and maybe losing if Montgomery kneels down for the touchback. 3 point win over the .400 Broncos. The Rams have 3 blowout wins but over teams that are each 2-8. I know the Rams don't choose who they play, but that accounts for 7 of their 10 wins (with two more games against SF/AZ) .10 point loss to NO (albeit on the road) but the game wasn't quite that close. At least they will be in SoCal or indoors for the entire playoffs.

So? Was also up against a 9-1 juggernaut with a historic offense and played the game close enough to win. Of course they have problems on defense but they scored twice and got 5 turnovers as well.

Rams are as good as their record.

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
Obviously not the outcome I was hoping for. I am hopeful this can be a positive/motivating experience moving forward for the Chiefs. It feels crazy to say a guy who threw for 6 touchdowns and led his team to a 51 point game needs to make some improvements, but there are some clear improvements that need to be made. I think Mahomes will learn from this and this can be the bit of adversity the Chiefs can use to motivate themselves to have a successful remainder to their season.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I like the way the Rams and Goff just went for the win with 2 minutes still left to play. It reminds me so much of the Saints. Payton will just score and score until time runs out. He doesn't really slow down and his Brees led teams always feel like they will win. Mahomes couldn't finish but someone had to eventually lose. I still can't believe how badly the Bucs mauled them(Saints) that first game, and then how strongly they've turned things around.

• 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
2 drives to win it, but his arm gets hit on one of the picks, and the other they're up against it needing too many yards with too little time and no timeouts. You pretty much have to have some crazy catch and run out of bounds or something super quick down the middle to get up and spike it. That final punt, too.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Cant blame him for the final one. You are throwing it up and praying at that point.

• 2Like