NFL 2018 - 2019 -- Watch America's favorite sport wither away and die

Hosix

All labs matter!
Falcons need a new coach with a new offensive scheme. With those WR’s they should be in every game they play.

Hosix

All labs matter!
I didn’t know a thing about him until I read that. Sounds like he made his own way and brought football BACK to Houston.

Though I remember him making that inmates running the prison comment.....

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I dont understand how anyone can forecast DB's being devalued in this new high scoring, pass happy environment.

Yea Dlinemen are crucial, but they always have been. Without at least a competent secondary, your going to surrender 30 plus points per game and be a bad team. If you have at least one good cover corner and useful nickel backs and mobile linebackers, you can contain that spread out attack.

Keeping everything in front of you and having athletic, fast dbs is going to be more effective in stopping the passing game than a dominant DT.

A Deion Sanders is more impactful than an Aaron Donald imo.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Hosix

All labs matter!
I dont understand how anyone can forecast DB's being devalued in this new high scoring, pass happy environment.

Yea Dlinemen are crucial, but they always have been. Without at least a competent secondary, your going to surrender 30 plus points per game and be a bad team. If you have at least one good cover corner and useful nickel backs and mobile linebackers, you can contain that spread out attack.

Keeping everything in front of you and having athletic, fast dbs is going to be more effective in stopping the passing game than a dominant DT.

A Deion Sanders is more impactful than an Aaron Donald imo.

Sanders was a shitty tackler and he could only cover one person. That’s his impact.

Donald forces you to double, chip and even triple him. He forces you to keep backs in and TE’s to help. He gets his fellow lineman one on ones.

Mobile linebackers will be the future. 6’00 to 6’02 and fast.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Maybe, but it's Jozu...so you never know if we're going to get an actual gem of knowledge, or...

Bruh... even beyond the fact that its Jozu, there has NEVER been a gem of knowledge let loose in the football thread

• 1Solidarity

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
AD's a beast, but people are going a little overboard on him. The reason his analogy is retarded is he's saying a Deion Sanders "type" like there's a ton of players out there who happen to be the greatest cover corner of all time. Deion helped free up safeties to help out other DBs and would cut off whole sections of the field that QBs would just refuse to throw it to, he impacted more than just the receiver he was covering.

Who's more impactful would probably be based more on the matchup

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
AD's a beast, but people are going a little overboard on him. The reason his analogy is retarded is he's saying a Deion Sanders "type" like there's a ton of players out there who happen to be the greatest cover corner of all time. Deion helped free up safeties to help out other DBs and would cut off whole sections of the field that QBs would just refuse to throw it to, he impacted more than just the receiver he was covering.

Who's more impactful would probably be based more on the matchup

Revis at his peak might have something to say about best cover corner of all time. Especially given how the rules are applied to defenders in their respective eras. But Donald's ability to take on and sometimes beat double teams does the same thing affecting the entire line/front 7. His pressure on QB's helps every single defensive back in coverage.

We can make a case like that about any great defensive player, though. Ed Reed patrolling the secondary made every other DB's job easier, and gave linemen more time to get home...and so on.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Still going Deion over Revis. Deion was never very physical so i don't think the rule changes would impact him all that much.

It's also harder to grade a great CB since the more dominant they are the less likely they are to show up on the box score.

Either way, choosing an all time great and putting them against a possible all time great isn't all that meaningful in deciding how to build a team

• 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Still going Deion over Revis. Deion was never very physical so i don't think the rule changes would impact him all that much.

It's also harder to grade a great CB since the more dominant they are the less likely they are to show up on the box score.

Either way, choosing an all time great and putting them against a possible all time great isn't all that meaningful in deciding how to build a team

Yeah just a fun debate between those two. I think Revis' peak is all time great worthy. Revis Island was no bullshit for those couple seasons. Whether or not his whole career should be worthy of all time is up for debate.

• 1Cutler

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ambi coming through with the hot fire.

Like seriously, cmon bros. I know some of you like to hate and imply that I'm retarded (I am) but Prime was the best CB of all time and it's not close.

DPOY, electrifying returner, All Pro, HOFer, 2 time champion, and perhaps the most exciting player in NFL history other than Barry Sanders.

To say that his impact was simply covering a single receiver is laughable. Gtfo with that shit, Deion impacted the game far beyond the man across from him, the guy shut off half the field like a fuckkng faucet in 1994.

Donald is a beast, but you can have a good day against him as a blocking lineman, mitigating his effect.

You dont have a good day against Sanders.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Deion was a shitty tackler with almost no presence on run defense and the NFC West was a fucking joke in 1994.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
In today's NFL AD would be the equivalent of Sanders. With everything the offense has going for them the only way you can win defensively is how the rams and bears do it. With a four man front so dominant you dont give the QB time to throw. Either producing sacks or ints. One AD is worth 3 to 4 Jalen Ramsey's right now.

Also Reuben foster is at it again, wonder if he can buy a recant from the victim this time around too.

• 1Solidarity