NFL 2018 - 2019 -- Watch America's favorite sport wither away and die

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
10 man league. I picked 9th, snagged Gordon. Guy after me took Hopkins and Julio. Scooping Hunt was an easy choice then. Even better next time around I was able to get Kelce and Thielen. Frankly I should have walked to that league's championship but I've had some ridiculous luck (2 losses by less than a point), and losing those 2 guys these past couple weeks has me at 7-6 and having to fight for final playoff spot this week despite having the most points for in that league by 150+.

Ok, that makes sense. I had a somewhat similar situation myself. 12 team league and I had first pick. Naturally, I took Gurley first and snagged DeVante Adams and AJ Green with picks 24 and 25. Came back after that to get Marshawn, Brees, Tevin Coleman and Robert Woods to round out starters. I finished the regular season with the most points scored by over 70 points but had a 9-4 record due to other teams simply having their best game ever the week they played me.

I ended up as the #2 seed so I can’t complain too much. One dude went 13-0 this year which had never previously happened in the 22 year history of our league. He also has a pretty good team as well.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Hunt going 12th is a bit weird but not in the realm of super crazy. Play a bunch of leagues every year for awhile and you get some pretty wild teams sometimes even with all competant players.

I think it was a terrible play for the guy after me to go double WR. But you do see some variation. Frankly I played in two leagues a 12 and a 10 picked 8th in 12 and 9th in 10 and got Gordon with my first pick both times. To be honest, I think guy who took OBJ prior to Gordon in the 10 was wrong too. Going into this year I figured top 7 picks (when people actually thought Bell was going to play) were some version of: Gurley, Bell, Zeke, Kamara, David Johnson, AB, Barkley.

Merrith

Ok, that makes sense. I had a somewhat similar situation myself. 12 team league and I had first pick. Naturally, I took Gurley first and snagged DeVante Adams and AJ Green with picks 24 and 25. Came back after that to get Marshawn, Brees, Tevin Coleman and Robert Woods to round out starters. I finished the regular season with the most points scored by over 70 points but had a 9-4 record due to other teams simply having their best game ever the week they played me.

I ended up as the #2 seed so I can’t complain too much. One dude went 13-0 this year which had never previously happened in the 22 year history of our league. He also has a pretty good team as well.

AJ Green was still there for pick 25? That's crazy. I'm saying that where my 12 man league (in that league I took Gordon 8th and Hunt went right after him at 9th) had a massive run on RB's too. Before I picked in the 2nd at 17 after the Hunt pick still had Fournette, Dalvin Cook, McCaffrey, and Davonte Freeman gone. I was hoping Mixon lasted to my pick in the 3rd (he didn't), so I went WR and took Michael Thomas. Green went 19th two picks later, and I actually considered him at my pick I just had a group of WR that were all pretty close.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Picked 5th ended up with AB, then by the time it got back to me in round 2 all the top RB's were gone and I panic picked Keenan Allen when the time ran out. Those 2 basically sealed my bye week this week :p

(also, picked Kelce in round 3 so didnt even take a RB till round 4, managed to pick up Breida in the 11th and Chubb in the 16th round sooooooo)

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Obviously league rules/size are important factors, and RB generally doesn't have nearly the depth of WR but people will nitpick the 7th RB vs 2nd WR kind of shit for all time probably. Auction Leagues also end up with some weird shit too. The PPR league on this board even I had the #1 and #2 RBs one season and both of them shit out in week 16! In the probably close to 200 leagues I've played in my life I've had a few really crazy outlier teams. 2006 Tomlinson, Rudi Johnson, Terrell Owens, Plaxico, Coles, Brees, Cooley team likely my best ever.

Merrith

Picked 5th ended up with AB, then by the time it got back to me in round 2 all the top RB's were gone and I panic picked Keenan Allen when the time ran out. Those 2 basically sealed my bye week this week :p

(also, picked Kelce in round 3 so didnt even take a RB till round 4, managed to pick up Breida in the 11th and Chubb in the 16th round sooooooo)

Yeah I ran Breida as my RB2/flex for a lot of the year. My big issue in my 12 man was in round 3 Mixon went 3 picks before me and Kelce 2 picks before. Because I'm stupid, I thought that was too high to pick Ertz, so I narrowed it down to another WR between Fitzgerald and Thielen. I chose...poorly (although I remedied it by getting Kelce and Thielen in 3rd/4th in my 10 man). Didn't take my 2nd RB until 5th round, and it was Royce Freeman who I was expecting big things out of after preseason. Fuck you Lindsay.

Merrith

Obviously league rules/size are important factors, and RB generally doesn't have nearly the depth of WR but people will nitpick the 7th RB vs 2nd WR kind of shit for all time probably. Auction Leagues also end up with some weird shit too. The PPR league on this board even I had the #1 and #2 RBs one season and both of them shit out in week 16! In the probably close to 200 leagues I've played in my life I've had a few really crazy outlier teams. 2006 Tomlinson, Rudi Johnson, Terrell Owens, Plaxico, Coles, Brees, Cooley team likely my best ever.

Yeah I think Hopkins is the #2 WR, and honestly he may be just as good as AB. Not that they'll always be 1/2 in fantasy but in general I think Hopkins is underrated. People are still sleeping on the Texans a bit, which is understandable when AFC already has KC/Pats/Chargers/Steelers (not to mention Ravens coming on with that D).

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
AJ Green was still there for pick 25? That's crazy.

Surprised me too. Someone took Brady midway through round 2, which surprised many of us. Had that not happened, I'm sure Green would not have slid to me at 24/25.

I was hoping for Michael Thomas but he got taken at pick 22, two picks before me at 24.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
2018 former Le'veon Bell owner checking in. Somehow my team still made the playoffs, but we won't be making it very far

• 1Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Also got screwed picking Freeman. My other league I picked 2nd, decided to avoid Bell but when it came time to pick I picked DJ...fuck me, I knew in my head the Cards were going to be trash this year but I figured he'd get a lot of work load. Really was about to pick Kamara at 2 but chickened out, that league I finished 8th...

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Someone in our league had drafted Chubb but I noticed around week 4-5 that he was a FA so I picked him up. Low and behold, two weeks later and he's suddenly the Browns starter. Loved that move!

I guess it evens out though. I drafted Tarik Cohen and decided after the first three weeks that he wasn't worth keeping and dropped him. Regretted that move.

Merrith

Someone in our league had drafted Chubb but I noticed around week 4-5 that he was a FA so I picked him up. Low and behold, two weeks later and he's suddenly the Browns starter. Loved that move!

I guess it evens out though. I drafted Tarik Cohen and decided after the first three weeks that he wasn't worth keeping and dropped him. Regretted that move.

Yeah my best waiver pick up was Tyler Boyd. Missed out on Lindsay and Chubb by 1 waiver spot each. Really would have been a different year had I got either of those guys. Also made a trade around week 9 for Alex Collins when the Ravens had the most butter schedule for RB's ever down the stretch...fuck you Gus Edwards.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
This year seemed like a pretty good year for fantasy RBs. Normally they piss me the fuck off, but there were a lot of at least decent options this year.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Yeah my best waiver pick up was Tyler Boyd. Missed out on Lindsay and Chubb by 1 waiver spot each. Really would have been a different year had I got either of those guys. Also made a trade around week 9 for Alex Collins when the Ravens had the most butter schedule for RB's ever down the stretch...fuck you Gus Edwards.

I drafted Alex Collins, what a fucking bust. Tyler Boyd was also my best pickup of the year. Although I traded Golden Tate for Breida... and after his injury he did pretty solid for me.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'm in a league with a bunch of fellow music fans and active concert goers. There's this terrible jam band where the last place person has to attend one of their shows and stay for the entirety. Thankfully I finished 11/12. Really gives you incentive to not throw in the towel even when your team is trash. Rodgers and David Johnson fucked me so hard this year. Terrible picks.

• 1Like

Merrith

I'm in a league with a bunch of fellow music fans and active concert goers. There's this terrible jam band where the last place person has to attend one of their shows and stay for the entirety. Thankfully I finished 11/12. Really gives you incentive to not throw in the towel even when your team is trash. Rodgers and David Johnson fucked me so hard this year. Terrible picks.

In my 12 man the last place guy has to do the Polar Bear Plunge they have here to support Special Olympics. Few of us go to support and have a good time always live music, food/drink, it's a pretty big event. Lot of fun watching whoever it is have to take the dip.

• 1Like

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
Our last place person has to wear a dress and serve beer for the draft next year.

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>

Umphrey's McGee?

• 1Worf