NFL 2018 - 2019 -- Watch America's favorite sport wither away and die

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Oakland is awful. I dont know what happened to Carr, but unless Gruden can coax him into putting up 350 yard games again and Cooper is celebrating in the end zone after hauling in 11 passes and a couple TD's that team is going to continue to be shit. Mack was a big part of their success, but hey they got 2 first round picks out of it. Doesnt help this year though.

Miami is going to be 3-0.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I really don't think anyone intelligent thinks the Chiefs are the best team in football, Jozu. Their offense is amazing so far and they've only scratched the run game but that defense has the opportunity to lose them any game they play.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Chargers should have won that game vs the Chiefs. They put up 400+ yards and I watched at least 3 and probably 4 TD passes dropped. If Bosa had been playing it probably would have been different. Or if Benjamin wasn't garbage.

Shoulda coulda is the story of the Chargers though.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
You really think Mahomes is going to go wild again?

No fucking way. Im not saying he will play like straight shit, but an average game is likely. His pace is obviously unsustainable.

The 49ers can stop the run when they have to they just have problems getting off the field, so I can see Kelce having a big day and maybe Mahomes goes for a couple TDs and runs for 1, which would basically be his best possible performance IMO. But he isnt going to throw fucking 5 touchdowns and throw for 400 yards or some shit, and I can guarantee you Reuben Foster is going to make his presence felt today. You are going to hear his name more than a couple times, I wouldnt be surprised if he ends up with 13 tackles a FF and a sack.

On the other side of the coin the Chiefs defense is fucking awful. If Mahomes doesnt throw 10 fucking touchdowns the last 2 games they would be 0-2. They are like 29th or 30th in defense statistically and Garoppolo is going to have a big day. Brieda might run for 150 again. Its going to be a high scoring game, but Mahones is going to make a mistake or two and the 49ers defense will be the more ferocious, fresher unit come the 4th quarter.

30 24 Niners.

edit: This has trap game written all over it. A mediocre Niners team who are lucky to have a win, going into Arrowhead against statistically one of the greatest offenses of all time through 2 games, with a young record breaking QB at the helm. The media is saying KC is the best team in the NFL blah blah blah, yea well that ends today. They put up 38 and 42 on the Chargers and Steelers. Melvin Gordon has balled out and Rivers and company have played well offensively in order to beat opponents, their defense is continuously suspect. Big Ben just threw the ball 60 times because the Steelers still havent compensated for losing Shazier. Their defense is shambolic and is leaking like a sieve, the Chiefs are going to be facing a much tougher defense in today.
Man I wish I had as much faith as you. I am hoping the 49ers can keep it close, because as you said the Chiefs defense is horrible. However, the 49ers secondary (as seen last week) is total shit. I don't see a way they contain all of those weapons on the Chiefs in any meaningful fashion.

Edit: Oh, and Tartt is officially ruled out. Our weak secondary just got weaker.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
49ers secondary is hot garbage (minus Sherman). Chiefs are going to fucking clobber us.

Jozu has crossed over from homer territory to just straight up delusional.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Well see. Maybe 49ers get trashed but I doubt it. 49ers have the better defense and now they have Foster back, destroyer of worlds (and women's orbital bones).

Anyone have a reliable stream for the games? I'm not home and I'm jonesin.

Also the 49ers elected to have a hot garbage secondary. They could of taken The Honey Bdager but passed, they could of used that high Solomon Thomas pick on a highly touted DB in last year's draft.

They could have drafted a top level CB the year before as well, but wasted a bunch of picks on the front 7 and guys with no ACL's.

Trent Baalke will never have another NFL job again.