NFL 2018 - 2019 -- Watch America's favorite sport wither away and die

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
The Dallas defense is certainly not a blip, they've been building towards a performance like that all season. That said, they were more fired up and locked in last night than they've been in years and it all came together at the right time - as a life long fan, next week will be telling. I don't think for one second that Garrett can motivate these guys, so it'll be up to Lawrence, Jones Smith et al to keep the intensity through the playoffs.

Best case scenario, they carry the high from last night through the playoffs and come out fired up every game - realistically though, the rot in the franchise runs so god damned deep that they half ass it and limp into the playoffs being the best of a bad bunch in the East.

If they can match that performance into the playoffs though, I damned sure wouldn't want to play them. I have nightmare flashbacks regularly of shit Baltimore (offensively), mediocre (offensively) Seahwaks teams winning the Superbowl and I am excite. Dallas also went full retard with penalties yesterday and the refs were abysmal on both sides so it was a strange game in general. Would have loved seeing Earl Thomas on this team

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Kaines

Potato Supreme
The Dallas defense is certainly not a blip, they've been building towards a performance like that all season. That said, they were more fired up and locked in last night than they've been in years and it all came together at the right time - as a life long fan, next week will be telling. I don't think for one second that Garrett can motivate these guys, so it'll be up to Lawrence, Jones Smith et al to keep the intensity through the playoffs.

Best case scenario, they carry the high from last night through the playoffs and come out fired up every game - realistically though, the rot in the franchise runs so god damned deep that they half ass it and limp into the playoffs being the best of a bad bunch in the East.

If they can match that performance into the playoffs though, I damned sure wouldn't want to play them. I have nightmare flashbacks regularly of shit Baltimore (offensively), mediocre (offensively) Seahwaks teams winning the Superbowl and I am excite. Dallas also went full retard with penalties yesterday and the refs were abysmal on both sides so it was a strange game in general. Would have loved seeing Earl Thomas on this team

Not only can Garrett not motivate this team, he can't coach them either. He's complete trash. IF this team does anything in the playoffs, it will be a 100% player led thing. Much like the Switzer days.

• 1Like

Braen

<Medals Crew>
I am sorry... I am a Cowboy fan but that just made me throw up a little in my mouth

tenor.gif

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Here is the problem with dealing with fans of shit-tier franchises: Thay have no idea how to get excited for their team.

You keep rooting for BrownsWest. I'm sure it'll work out for you.
The problem with you guys is you do not realize the Cowboys have been a shit franchise for decades. Being good in the 90s doesnt mean anything today.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

gak

<Gold Donor>
Brees with the soul-crushing late interception for a change made it all worth it.

Game was choppy, but better than 63-0 Aint's and Joe Buck slobbering Brees' nuts for 3 hours...

I think there was still some Luck of the Irish floating around in the stadium.

d.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Springbok/Kaines I disagree. The only thing Garrett is good at is motivating his team. In his entire tenure I've never seen the team quit, and they generally get up for big games. Playing poorly or not executing does not equal no motivation. If you listen to the interviews after the game you'll even hear the players talking about some big speech Garrett gave the team Wednesday night that galvanized them. If that isn't motivation I'm not sure what you'd call it.

Everything else about Jason is questionable.

Last edited:

Braen

<Medals Crew>
Epic 4th quarter comeback?

Top 5: 4th-Quarter Comebacks (% of games played)
Overall Rank
Player
4th-Quarter Comebacks (% of games played)

Matt Ryan 19.3%
1 Tony Romo 18.2%
4 Matt Stafford 18.0%
8 Eli Manning 17.0%
5 Peyton Manning 16.9%

Top 5: TD-to-INT ratio in 4th Quarter
Overall Rank
Player
TD-to-INT ratio (4th quarter)

Tony Romo 2.5 - 1
17 Aaron Rodgers 2.39 - 1
7 Drew Brees 2.32 - 1
3 Tom Brady 2.16 - 1
5 Peyton Manning 1.84 - 1

The Best 4th-Quarter Quarterbacks in the NFL

• 1Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Epic 4th quarter comeback?

Top 5: 4th-Quarter Comebacks (% of games played)
Overall Rank
Player
4th-Quarter Comebacks (% of games played)

Matt Ryan 19.3%
1 Tony Romo 18.2%
4 Matt Stafford 18.0%
8 Eli Manning 17.0%
5 Peyton Manning 16.9%

Top 5: TD-to-INT ratio in 4th Quarter
Overall Rank
Player
TD-to-INT ratio (4th quarter)

Tony Romo 2.5 - 1
17 Aaron Rodgers 2.39 - 1
7 Drew Brees 2.32 - 1
3 Tom Brady 2.16 - 1
5 Peyton Manning 1.84 - 1

The Best 4th-Quarter Quarterbacks in the NFL

Prescott’s 12 game-winning drives since 2016 are second only to Matt Stafford’s 13 for most in the NFL, including Sunday’s drive that set up Brett Maher’s game-winning field goal against Atlanta.

Since Prescott’s rookie season in 2016, only Tom Brady (31-7 record) and Ben Roethlisberger (29-9) have more wins as a starting quarterback than Prescott, who is 27-15. Drew Brees is also 27-15.

Read more here: Cowboys QB Dak Prescott has knack for flashing brilliance when needed most

Patience. He'll get there.

BTW, that article was written BEFORE the Cowboys Saints game... now Prescott is alone in 3rd place.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Saints played badly and looked sloppy and the Cowboys played their best game of the year and still only scored 13 points against a defense that was missing tackles all over the field.

Cowboys defense looka really good but their offense is really questionable.

I look forward to the Cowboys going into the Superdome in the playoffs.

• 1Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Saints played badly and looked sloppy and the Cowboys played their best game of the year and still only scored 13 points against a defense that was missing tackles all over the field.

Cowboys defense looka really good but their offense is really questionable.

I look forward to the Cowboys going into the Superdome in the playoffs.

Nah, it isn't shaping up that way. The BEST the Cowboys can hope for is the 4 seed (worst division winner) and the Rams aren't losing 1st place to the Saints at this point. The Bears aren't going to lose their home game in the wild card round to whoever the 6 seed is, so the IF the Cowboys got their 1 playoff win a decade this year they will wind up in LA. To make the Superdome, that means they do something they haven't done in over 20 years... play in an NFC Championship game.

So thanks for the Cowboy hype??

Edit: Had wrong Central winner.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Rams have a very losable game at the Bears coming up or against the Eagles at "home." We are getting Talib back but who knows how that will pan out, I'm hoping it lets Peters go back to ball hawking and letting Talib lock up guys Peters can't cover.

Wouldn't be shocked to see the Rams drop a couple games but I do expect them to shit on the Lions this weekend. (we'll see which Lions team shows up)

• 1Solidarity

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Saints have two games against the Panthers and one against the Steelers. If I was a betting man, I'd bet they lose at least one of those.

• 1Like

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
this joke of a win will keep the Dallas faithfuls in denial about Dak being garbage for another year. Jerry will probably give Garrett a contract extension because that's how they roll in Jerryland

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users