NFL 2019 Season: It's Tricky!

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm probably going to jinx this and this post will age poorly as shit, but I still can't understand why people continue to shit on Jimmy. I've mentioned it here multiple times - his passer rating after throwing an INT is 128.5. Then there's also the narrative that we're fucked if the Chiefs get ahead via explosive plays, Pat Mahomes, etc. Guess who has the highest passer rating in the NFL this year when his team is trailing? Yup...Jimmy!

Granted, he still throws a pick in those situations which could lead to bad things, nice that he bounces back, though. Also there's a lot of "this year" stats, but Mahomes hasn't given a fuck in the postseason so far. 95.5 QBR rating over 2 games, 615 passing yards, 8 TD's, and 0 Int's. He could always suck today, but I'm not sure I'd bet on it. It's not so much a narrative about KC getting ahead, just a situation the Niners haven't had to deal with much. If they run all over KC and score first few drives, won't ever have to worry about it.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I'm about to get on the road to head to my buddies house for the game, so probably won't be posting much. But this is my thoughts.

All this talk about the KC offense vs the 49ers defense, and I really think it should be the other way around. The 49ers defense should be able to stop the Chiefs offense more than the Chiefs defense can stop the 49ers offense. The 49ers were the 2nd scoring team this year, and while KC has been playing defense better lately, they were very average to poor most of the year.

The talk about Jimmy G is kind of funny to me as well. He for sure has some issues with boneheaded picks, but most of those come when he somehow completely misses the underneath defender. Good news for him is that the KC Linebackers just aren't very good. Outside of Chris Jones, Frank Clark, and the Honey Badger, that defense isn't all that scary. Unless the 49ers suddenly forget how to play, they should be able to move the ball fairly well. Shanahan is fantastic at play calling, and I am hopeful he has some tricks up his sleeve for today.

And it isn't like Jimmy hasn't led them back into games. He did it against the Saints, Cardinals, and Seahawks. He is totally capable of throwing when needed.

I just hope the 49ers can manage to keep Mahomes somewhat in check. When it turns into backyard football and he is scrambling around, and those speedy receivers are breaking off their routes and looking for space, that is what I worry about.

Overall I am pretty optimistic, but nervous as shit!

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Jimmy G had about 4k yards with an average yardage per attempt of 8.4 . He was no slouch passing.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pharazon

Silver Knight of the Realm
It's not so much a narrative about KC getting ahead, just a situation the Niners haven't had to deal with much.

They had 4 games where they were down by more than one score, and lost one. Not sure how that compares with the average for good teams, but it's not like it's something they haven't faced this year.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They had 4 games where they were down by more than one score, and lost one. Not sure how that compares with the average for good teams, but it's not like it's something they haven't faced this year.

I'm talking more about the playoffs. Two weeks since their last game and they only threw it 8 times in that game. If KC somehow got up 10 or 14 points early, it might feel a little different.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Containing Mahomes is going to be way harder than Rodgers which for me is the difference maker. Mahomes running ability vs Rodgers is a large skill gap and much more like Wilson's ability.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
make me slighlty better off money wise, Jimmy G. I wanna spend it on my woman by taking her to an ultra fancy restaurant. That's my only escape from this fucking diet.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Pats have supposedly offered brady 30+ mil a year for I think 2 years. THEY have 16 mil is dead money if he doesnt sign before free agency. 6.5 if he signs with the pats before.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
There are restaurants that allow full body pillows?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Seriously having a great time. Niner fans been super cool. I will say ChiefsKingdom came today. From South Beach to the Hard Rock Stadium we are everywhere.

Nothing but meat n beer for me.
9F99B1A4-ACE9-4C9E-B652-BFD6B1E3A6D3.jpeg
E8D89871-583F-427C-8F77-800DF766A522.jpeg

• 10Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 12 users