NHL 2012-13 - Half Season Thread

I dunno why he hasn't just given the fuck up at this point. It takes away from, imo, the best trophy presentation/celebration in NA sports and seems like an embarrassment to the league, complete with the muzzled announcers pretending like nothing is happening. You get the teams shaking hands, the trophy arrival, the Captain hoisting it...and this asshole getting his balls booed off year after year. Like that Vancouver video...good lord.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Article was amusing, and yeah, I don't understand it either. Why not have someone who isn't directly involved in the game anymore, but a symbol of it, do the honors. In the 80's and 90's it could have been Gordie Howe. Since then Gretzky. Or just change it up every year. Perhaps at the start of the series select one appropriate individual that would present to each team, or something.

Or shit, just get Billy Daly to do it. Most people wouldn't know who the fuck he is, and he actually seems like he's a genuinely decent guy. I look forward to him running the league.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Can't believe there hasn't been an announcement about this guy getting shitcanned yet.

coachq.gif

Bane_sl

shitlord
Nothing topped Boston vs Vancouver. Everything surrounding that series, the off ice and on ice drama made it perfect. And confirmed by the higher ratings and draw than that crappy NBC blowjob fest that was PIT/DET.

NHL Draft moved to a single day event now. Awards show not televised. Guess they've finally realized these events suck.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Other than fucking LA/NJ being in the cup last year it has it's highest ratings every year now. This is a very good thing, now if Bettman would just die and the league would fix scoring by miniaturizing the barges goalies have tied all over their bodies we'd be in amazing shape.

'09 Cup with the Pens over Detroit was empirically the best recent one=P Can't be best if you don't go 7 games, that eliminates everyone else except Boston/Vancouver. And all 4 Bruins wins in that series were 3+ goal wins, including an 8-1, and two 4-0 games(including game 7). Pen's Detroit only had one game like that, a 5-0 asswhipping by Detroit in game 5 that put them up 3-2. Pens came back for a pair of 1 goal wins, including the first clinching game 7 on the road in almost 40 years.

Best series of the last 10 years!

Or if you are totally unbiased the '04 Lightning/Flames series maybe. Last 4 games there were pretty tight, though I don't recall how entertaining they actually were.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Other than fucking LA/NJ being in the cup last year it has it's highest ratings every year now. This is a very good thing, now if Bettman would just die and the league would fix scoring by miniaturizing the barges goalies have tied all over their bodies we'd be in amazing shape.

'09 Cup with the Pens over Detroit was empirically the best recent one=P Can't be best if you don't go 7 games, that eliminates everyone else except Boston/Vancouver. And all 4 Bruins wins in that series were 3+ goal wins, including an 8-1, and two 4-0 games(including game 7). Pen/Detroit only had one game like that, a 5-0 asswhipping by Detroit in game 5 that put them up 3-2. Pens came back for a pair of 1 goal wins, including the first clinching game 7 on the road in almost 40 years.

Best series of the last 10 years!

Or if you are totally unbiased the '04 Lightning/Flames series maybe. Last 4 games there were pretty tight, though I don't recall how entertaining they actually were.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Lecavalier bought out. God help the west if he signs a cheap deal with Chicago.
I doubt it, Chicago has no salary cap room. They got like 2M left in cap space and they still need to lock in Bickell for a long term deal.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I could see vinny signing a 1 year deal with a contender and going back to Tampa the next year. You should give up on bickell, someone is going to give him a stupid contract.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, Bickell is gone. The guy is going to get paid in FA.
There's gonna be already tons of FAs floating around this year. Bickell certainly deserves more than 600k but he might get left behind. Might be better off just signing 1-2 year deal with hawks for 1-2M or something.