NHL 2012-13 - Half Season Thread

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gaming Ghost>
Stay classy San Jose. Todd Bertuzzi wasnt available to give your defense some "grit" going into the playoffs?

Kubla Kas_sl

shitlord
I wish Wings were selling. I am afraid even with current players, chances at playoffs are maybe 50/50 the way the west is going. Get hot these last couple weeks and stay in, more injuries or bad play and screwed. I am already asterisking this season for the Wings consecutive playoff streak because of the lockout and shortened schedule. Normally the superior ownership and GM of Red Wings could fix stuff given a full season...

Bane_sl

shitlord
I wish Wings were selling. I am afraid even with current players, chances at playoffs are maybe 50/50 the way the west is going. Get hot these last couple weeks and stay in, more injuries or bad play and screwed. I am already asterisking this season for the Wings consecutive playoff streak because of the lockout and shortened schedule. Normally the superior ownership and GM of Red Wings could fix stuff given a full season...
Don't worry they're only in the West one more year. Next year they'll be in the East and can start a new playoff streak after missing this year.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This bro is picking the Preds to win it all.

BOOGER-EATER.gif

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Rumors are Caps made a significant deal. Mcphee was supposed to talk to media at 330. Announcement still coming. Supposed to be significant.

Loser Araysar

<Gaming Ghost>
i bet wayne gretzky is coming out of retirement to give it one more shot with the Caps

Merrith

McKenzie tweeting there is crazy levels of secrecy around the Caps deal. Why do I feel like it'll just be Chimera for a 4th or 5th rounder now.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
whoops. Misread.

Wings didn't have really anyone to sell other than white or filp. Not sad they did nothing.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Tough to see this Larsson kid go but I'm totally on board with building around the current core that has shown it can win some games. Pominville fits perfectly assuming they can sign him after next season. Larsson is supposed to have a pretty high ceiling though.

Loser Araysar

<Gaming Ghost>
lol caps.

maybe in the offseason they can trade ovechkin for a 6 pack of crew socks.

Methodical_sl

shitlord
DEFENSEMAN ahahaha Leafs just going to beat the shit out of everyone.
From TSN:
the Toronto Maple Leafs announced the signing of defenceman Andrew MacWilliam to a two-year entry level contract.

MacWilliam, 23, was selected by Toronto in the seventh round, 188th overall, of the 2008 draft.

The six-foot-two, 230-pound Calgary native played 163 games over four seasons with North Dakota in the NCAA. collecting 31 points on four goals and 27 assists with327 penalty minutesand a plus-37 rating.

Merrith

We moved our top pick from last year for Erat and a prospect. Fuck. I like Erat, I just don't like him for Forsberg. I just don't get it...how the fuck do you look at our roster and think it means "try to win now".

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
We moved our top pick from last year for Erat and a prospect. Fuck. I like Erat, I just don't like him for Forsberg. I just don't get it...how the fuck do you look at our roster and think it means "try to win now".
Because the Southeast is dogshit, as evidenced by last night when the Canes outshoot the Caps 34-19 and still lose the game 5-3. Since Carolina and Winnipeg can't buy a win these days, why shouldn't the Caps think they can get the third seed and a home ice series.