NHL 2012-13 - Half Season Thread

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Nothing more fitting for Sidney than winning a trophy that has a girl's name.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
NYR about to deliver some payback to NJ for last years conference finals. Now if pens can take care of buisness against the sens tomorrow we might be able to slip into 7th seed and avoid their mighty wrath in the first round.

Methodical_sl

shitlord
Are you new to hockey? That shit happens all the time. In fact I'd say most diving penalties are accompanied by the other player also being called, because an infraction did happen, but the diver decided to embellish it anyways.

New to hockey? Or just stupid? Take your pick.
go fuck yourself piece of shit.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
NYR about to deliver some payback to NJ for last years conference finals. Now if pens can take care of buisness against the sens tomorrow we might be able to slip into 7th seed and avoid their mighty wrath in the first round.
No way I'm pulling hard for Pens/Rags 1st Round. Could be a great serious.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No way I'm pulling hard for Pens/Rags 1st Round. Could be a great serious.
Pens won the season series 4-1. Though they did split the last two, one with the Rangers blowing them out and the other with the Pens taking the shootout.

Either NY team would be a good match up really. Lundquist and Nabokov both seem to play well against them. Though I guess it's silly to speculate anything based on the season so far, since it's hardly the same roster most of those teams played against.

Pizoi

Golden Squire
You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Asia" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go against a Canadian when hockey is on the line"!
The funny thing is, he's a Leafs fan, which means he's almost certainly Canadian as well. I'm sure he's just some bandwagon hopping faggot though whose only previous exposure to hockey was highlights during commercial breaks while watching Heartland on CBC with mom and little sis. Us folk who grew up in the heart of Canada playing hockey since we were old enough to stand up straight don't know shit about the game though, so you best not question his knowledge of the rules.

Merrith

Pens won the season series 4-1. Though they did split the last two, one with the Rangers blowing them out and the other with the Pens taking the shootout.

Either NY team would be a good match up really. Lundquist and Nabokov both seem to play well against them. Though I guess it's silly to speculate anything based on the season so far, since it's hardly the same roster most of those teams played against.
Question is how healthy will you be? You're still stacked but it could make it a more even serious. Lundy is bound to actually have a sick playoffs at some point in his career too. Callahan is heating up, the Rags seem to be getting it going at the right time. Don't get me wrong, I'd still pick the Pens to advance, I just think it has potential to be a really good series.

Can't wait until Tuesday night, Winnipeg plays at Buffalo Monday night before coming down here to DC for our game. If we win in regulation we clinch the #3 seed. Would also really kill any playoff chances they have. Buffalo can make it even easier on us too...if the Jets drop any points Monday night any sort of win by us Tuesday will clinch.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Cally and Nash have been solid all season. It's Richards and Stepan who are finally playing to the capacity they need to be. That and the rounding out of the 3rd and 4th lines via Clowe, Brassard and Zuc. I agree, Rags are right where they need to be going into post.

Merrith

Caps v. Jets tonight, if we win in regulation or OT we clinch division. Didn't think about the fact Jets would only have 1 more game after tonight so if we get a ROW tonight it locks the tiebreakers for us.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Caps v. Jets tonight, if we win in regulation or OT we clinch division. Didn't think about the fact Jets would only have 1 more game after tonight so if we get a ROW tonight it locks the tiebreakers for us.
Yea, Rangers can clinch tonight if they beat the Panthers and Caps beat the Jets in regulation. Might be the only time I have ever rooted for the Caps.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
That first period was allllll caps. Although, I don't know if I agree with the call on goal against the Caps. Looked to me like it was on it's side, and in.

Merrith

That first period was allllll caps. Although, I don't know if I agree with the call on goal against the Caps. Looked to me like it was on it's side, and in.
Live I thought it was in for sure, on replays I'm not sure if the whole puck was ever across the line before Erskine swept it out. I'd have to think they had a good look at it in Toronto. Not like Winnipeg hasn't gotten all the PP's and a very soft slash call already anyways.

Merrith

Caps clinch Southeast. Crazy game. We could have had 7 or 8 goals tonight with as many chances as we generated. Isles clinch too I believe?