NHL 2012-13 - Half Season Thread

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So they're reviewing a goal because it was a high stick. They have multiple camera angles looking down at a slight angle showing the stick is well above the crossbar even from the angle. Don't matter, goal good.

Announcers bring up a good point, these things are never really definitive with the crossbar rule. They should really go back to the "over the shoulder" rule. They just don't have the camera angles to determine right the crossbar from any real distance.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So they're reviewing a goal because it was a high stick. They have multiple camera angles looking down at a slight angle showing the stick is well above the crossbar even from the angle. Don't matter, goal good.

Announcers bring up a good point, these things are never really definitive with the crossbar rule. They should really go back to the "over the shoulder" rule. They just don't have the camera angles to determine right the crossbar from any real distance.
Yeah unless they had a camera dedicated to it, it's just too hard most of the time to find a camera angle to know definitively 100% what the right call is.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Caps clinch Southeast. Crazy game. We could have had 7 or 8 goals tonight with as many chances as we generated. Isles clinch too I believe?
Yea Isles clinch. Rangers blew it again with 30+ shots on goal, more than double what FL had. Fuck..

Edit: 38 to 16 SOG to be exact. Feels bad..

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Markstrom and yea, giving credit where it's do, he made a few good saves. Last time we faced him in net back in march he did the same making 44 saves out of 45 SOG.

Krag

Peasant
Rangers will still make the playoffs, of course you'll have to beat up on the Pens to advance. I wonder if, unless that happens, this season will cost Torts the job. That team really should be doing better.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Rangers will still make the playoffs, of course you'll have to beat up on the Pens to advance. I wonder if, unless that happens, this season will cost Torts the job. That team really should be doing better.
Tortorella is an excellent coach. I'm not his biggest fan but I don't think their lackluster performance most of the season is solely his fault. Blowing their metaphoric "wad" on Nash and further bolstering their already impressive top 6 cost them key players that rounded out their bottom 6. Namely Prust, Fedetenko, Anisimov and Dubinsky. Don't get me wrong, Nash is a GREAT grab and has been doing amazing things for the team. I just feel he came at the expense of the more well rounded team that would of picked up the slack when Gabby and Richards and various other key players were in their pointless streak slumps. Since the trade deadline after picking up Clowe, Brassard and Moore (and getting Zuc back a few days prior!) they have been playing far more rounded and doing good things.

All that said, I didn't care for the way he prepped the team after the lockout ended (basically no game practice and skating w/out a puck.. the fuck!?) and he wasted too many games dicking around with different line combinations instead of trying to build teammate synergy among lines. Also he's a smug shit but w/e, good for a few laughs from time to time.

Last nights loss aside, I still think we can snag 7th seed but even if we don't I have faith. If the Kings taught us anything last year, anything could happen in the playoffs.

Krag

Peasant
I didn't mean theyshouldfire Torts, I think he's a good coach and I think almost certainly better than whatever the replacement would be. I'm more wondering if it would happen, owners and GMs often wash their hands of any blame when teams don't live up to their expectations and the coach is usually the scapegoat.

You guys could grab 7th though as you say, though I'd love to see Lundquist go lights out (he has quietly been excellent after the slow start) and beat Pittsburgh on his own.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If some of these assholes don't get healthy that is a very real possibility. Without those guys it could come down to Lundquist vs. Fleury. Would ANYONE take MAF in that match up?

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Lets go Detroit and Dallas! Clinch the playoffs for Hockey Town.
tongue.png

tongue.png

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Girardi is a beast. 30.5 minutes ice time.

Sens beat the Caps, Isles lose. 3 way tie for the 6, 7 & 8th seeds. Been a real tight race this past month right up till the end.

Merrith

Girardi is a beast. 30.5 minutes ice time.

Sens beat the Caps, Isles lose. 3 way tie for the 6, 7 & 8th seeds. Been a real tight race this past month right up till the end.
Yeah Mike Ribeiro decided to go crazy and take 2 totally unnecessary penalties tonight, the 2nd one with only a minute left in the game after the whistle (Sens scored on the leftover 4 on 3 time in OT). Ruined a very pretty tying goal from Ovechkin (32nd, 3 up on Stamkos again), and a pretty solid game from Neuvirth in net. We definitely hurt ourselves with dumb penalties tonight. You could tell the guys were having a let down game after clinching Tuesday night. Jets blew a 2-1 lead to the Habs anyways, so everyone clinched whether they got points tonight or not after that happened. All that's left is seedings.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Crosby cleared for full practice, Pens hope to have him available for game 1.

I feel like an asshole for constantly bitching about my 1st place team, but it's just not the real fuckin' team out there and it's incredibly frustrating. 18 fucking shots on goal? Seriously?? Guh...

Merrith

Crosby cleared for full practice, Pens hope to have him available for game 1.

I feel like an asshole for constantly bitching about my 1st place team, but it's just not the real fuckin' team out there and it's incredibly frustrating. 18 fucking shots on goal? Seriously?? Guh...
It's good news in that I think it's better if he's healthy for the league. But obviously sucks for all the other teams if he comes back and doesn't miss a beat.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
I would love Crosby if his face didn't make me always wanna punch it. Him and Malkin have the douchiest faces in the nhl =\