NHL 2012-13 - Half Season Thread

Stosh

Bronze Knight of the Realm
DGB Eastern Conference "preview"http://www.downgoesbrown.com/2013/01...w-eastern.html

"Montreal Canadiens - Have cruelly told Scott Gomez to stay home despite him being the only player in the league to maintain his offensive production throughout the entire lockout."

Pure gold.
That is funny, but it did get the NHL and players to agree to change the buyout proceedures. Teams can now buy out one player making over 3 million before this Thursday, so Gomez and Redden don't have to sit out the season if they can find a job.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=413602

I'd like to see Gomez back in NJ, in a familiar, no pressure situation where he'll be motivated to revive his career. I think Reddon will find a job too as a fifth, sixth or seventh defenseman. Not his fault the Ranger's paid him #1 blueliner money, when he's no longer a top pair defenseman.

As for NHL gamecenter, I've been a subscriber since it became available. It's not perfect, but if I want to see Devils' games in San Diego, it's the best I can do without resorting to pirate broadcasts. As for blackouts, weekends are worst as nationally broadcast games are blacked out. Would suck if you are a fan of a team with lots of nationally terlevised games and you don't have cable tv.

Haka

N00b
Canucks are in mid-season form with already 2 injuries to our 2nd line! Awesome. Booth and Kesler out for 4-6 weeks at least is pretty scary. And I was already scared of what will happen this season based on the fact it seems to take the Canucks 1.5 months to get going. I think there are going to be some really weird seasons by certain teams and players that could have some wacky consequences. One player might just go on a decent hotstreak and play far beyond his long term ability and get some massive deal like Leino on Buffalo. Remember the halfway point last season when Minnesota was leading the west? Chaos!

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
enough of the fluff, time for some serious NHL content.

Ftkvm.jpg

Freaking Burns!

Sad to see Westgarth get traded to the canes...hopefully he'll get some more playing time.

On a more serious note, as a long time Kings fan, ticket holders can shove it. No way I'm spending $250+ just to get into the building to see the banner raised! My luck i'll end up sitting behind a pilar. It's a fine line of wanting my team to do well but not want to be raped on ticket prices.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Everyone ready for the Leafs?

Know what they have in common with the Titanic? They both look good until they hit the ice.

Fuckin' Leafs. It's hard to be a fan.

Fidlen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Poor Leaf fans. At least as an Oiler fan there is some positive outlook to the future.

Methodical_sl

shitlord
Colton Orr made the roster. Colton Orr!
Leafs still need to work on the defense, we will just have to wait and see how the goalie situation works out.
We have new owners,new GM and a new coach, about 30 million to spend next year and a farm team that is doing well.
Kadri just moved up,Morgan Rielly probably move up in a couple years they just traded for a 3rd round draft pick.

Fidlen

Lord Nagafen Raider
It starts today!!!

Also I notice the NHL is taking out some full page ads apologizing to the fans, but my question is when are the players going to apologize?

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
3 hours to Pens/Flyers.....awwww snap.

I don't know if all teams are doing it but I know Pens are giving half off merch and 3 free selected concessions for the first 4 games. I read at least one other team doing the same thing. Plus more/better giveaway stuff than normal.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
As much as I hate both the Pens and Flyers absolutely nothing wrong with starting the season off watching them go at it. Perfect start to a great sports weekend. Can't wait for puck to drop tonight for the Caps.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
And for them to be mathematically eliminated tomorrow.
Hahaha, cheers Grimm...let the battles begin. I'm anxious to see how quickly we can learn Oates' systems...so far I've liked what I've heard, he's tweaking the PP some as well.