14 shots on goal.
1/5 preventing shorthanded goals.
30 penalty minutes.
Less than half the number of hits.

Other than that, outstanding work!

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I still can't believe Dallas trade Neal and Niskanen for Gologoski
If I remember right(I might not) Neal was on a contract year at the time, it was no sure thing he'd stick around Pittsburgh long term. Gologoski was supposed to be the next Sergei Gonchar, decent defenseman who can QB the power play. Never really fulfilled that potential.

I was ecstatic to see Neal really stepping up his game last season, he wasn't really asserting himself at first here and let a lot of scoring opportunities go by as he looked for the perfect shot or open man too much. Last year he was letting it go a lot more when he had any decent opening.

Methodical_sl

shitlord
go habs go!
Snow job on Scrivens was pretty lol, but even funnier when Leafs scored on the resulting penalty.
Habs no class
frown.png

Fidlen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Happy to see the Oilers win. Thought they came out a little lethargic at the beginning but third period after Ebs goal they had some spunk. Yakupov looked decent out there tonight and Schultz looked pretty damn good. And apparently Nugent Hopkins still cant hit the net like at the world juniors.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
I thought Yakupov looked pretty mediocre, actually. Very hesitant when he had the puck, and terrible in our own end. The second goal was a complete clusterfuck of broken coverage in our own end, and he was a big part of that. Overall he looked nervous. He'll learn though, not worried about it. Justin Schultz on the other hand looked unreal. He'd just magically appear in the rush out of nowhere, and had a couple grade A scoring chances. For the most part he didn't get caught up ice or out of position, and looked alright in our own end. I laughed my ass off when Weiss came flying in to lay a huge hit on him, and he just did a spin and Weiss went flying past him in to the boards wondering where the fuck he went.

I thought Dubnyk played a great game. He looks so calm out there. The first goal was a bit weak, but Edler has an unreal shot, it was perfectly placed, and he was partially screened by Potter. Second goal he had no chance. I thought RNH looked pretty flat, as well. Hall, Eberle, Hemsky, and Gagner all looked pretty good. The third and fourth lines looked pretty good as well. It's unreal how deep our forwards are now compared to even last year with the further development of the young core and guys like Hemsky getting healthy. Petry and Smid look like a true #1 pairing now, and Schultz x 2 is a legitimate second paring. Whitney isn't a third pairing defenseman, but he is by default. Potter I'm not thrilled about, I just don't think he's solid enough in our own end, but we'll see how Fistric looks if Potter comes out.

Phandy

Golden Squire
I thought RNH looked pretty flat, as well. Hall, Eberle, Hemsky, and Gagner all looked pretty good.
Really? Gagner? Thought he was one of the worst players on the ice. Multiple turnovers. No backcheck at all. The second goal was completely his fault as Kassian was his blown coverage. Couldn't win a faceoff to save his life. 2nd Line center is definately an area of weakness as deep as this team is up front.

Agree with pretty much everything else you said. Yakapov will be fine. Petry looked like a legit top 4 guy in the NHL. I think Fistric is the #6 guy most nights but assume he sat out since he only had a couple practices? Unsure really.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, you might be right on Gagner, I wasn't watching too closely. On the Kassian goal though, that was the entire line. Everyone was out of position. 4 guys were watching Sedin in the corner, both D in no-man's land covering no one.

Fistric didn't play because he's only had a few practices, and they felt that Potter had a good mini-camp.