NHL 2012-13 - Half Season Thread

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Soft call for sure, but not abadcall. Just not how you want to see it end, especially after the refs swallowed their whistles for a huge chunk of the game before deciding to call it straight towards the end.
A soft callISa bad call. This isn't the NBA.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A soft callISa bad call. This isn't the NBA.
Oh you know what I meant=P It was a by the book penalty, he was backpacking Crosby. But it's not a penalty that SHOULD be called in the playoffs, especially in OT.

Oddly enough hockey is the only sport where I ever agree with this thinking. Football etc I hate the idea of games being called differently based on situations. Playoff hockey though is special.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Oh you know what I meant=P It was a by the book penalty, he was backpacking Crosby. But it's not a penalty that SHOULD be called in the playoffs, especially in OT.

Oddly enough hockey is the only sport where I ever agree with this thinking. Football etc I hate the idea of games being called differently based on situations. Playoff hockey though is special.
I agree 100%

You can't take away from the Pens just cause the refs fucked up. The refs should know better then to call that shit. Don't fuck up my Stanley Cup PLayoffs with that crap.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Blackhawks have no business being in overtime with the Wild. Totally outplayed in every way in this game.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Overtime playoff hockey especially. I could understand if they gave Crosby a 2 for embellishing it a little too, although I wouldn't want a 4 on 4 just to do it in an overtime game either. In the regular season I have zero issues with that being a penalty, I do think it was a bit soft in OT of the playoffs though. Is what it is.

Pizoi

Golden Squire
I missed most of the game, but from what I saw, the Wild were lucky to even make it to overtime with the way they played the last 10 minutes. Sitting on 1 goal leads is always a bad idea.

Merrith

I missed most of the game, but from what I saw, the Wild were lucky to even make it to overtime with the way they played the last 10 minutes. Sitting on 1 goal leads is always a bad idea.
Pretty sure they out shot Chicago and carried play for good parts of the game. They deserved the win, can't blame them for trying to turtle once it got late and they had the lead I guess, even if it didn't work. Just gotta hold serve at home in Game 4 too and it becomes a best of 3. Not that I expect that to happen, but kudos to them for putting up a fight and not letting Game 2 start them thinking about the offseason.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Fantastic wild game. I'm on my way home. St. Paul is electric! Towels flying out windows, everyone honking horns. Making our comeback!!!!!!

Merrith

Not sure if anyone else posted already, but Abdelkader got 2 games for the hit.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I like what Milbury said today, that the fact they fucked up and suspended Gryba shouldn't have any effect on Abdelkader's suspension. Calling out the idea that he should get more than Gryba got when Gryba really shouldn't have gotten anything.

Merrith

I like what Milbury said today, that the fact they fucked up and suspended Gryba shouldn't have any effect on Abdelkader's suspension. Calling out the idea that he should get more than Gryba got when Gryba really shouldn't have gotten anything.
Agreed. I was shocked Milbury sounded so...right.