NHL 2012-13 - Half Season Thread

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Cleaned up the power ranking post some manually, please never post it like that again.

So, the top of the West last year was pretty universally accepted as better than the East. Is it really just that much more this season? The big three out there really that good?

If this was like the NFL thread I'd talk Pens, but no one else gives a fuck about them=P So league talk goes here.
Chicago looks rejuvenated and very good, and I agree with others that the Blues are scary as fuck.

Merrith

Thanks refs for not realizing the follow-through of a shot or a pass is not high sticking to give Ottawa that late PP and game winning goal.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
I happened to see both plays, and I think the right calls or lack thereof were made. The Sabres player skated through a pretty reasonable follow through by Kadri, it was shitty luck. With Ward's high stick he was careless as hell with his stick and it was way past a regular follow through, it was behind him as he turned away from the play.

I only saw Ward's high stick once in slow motion, so I could be wrong I suppose.

Merrith

I happened to see both plays, and I think the right calls or lack thereof were made. The Sabres player skated through a pretty reasonable follow through by Kadri, it was shitty luck. With Ward's high stick he was careless as hell with his stick and it was way past a regular follow through, it was behind him as he turned away from the play.

I only saw Ward's high stick once in slow motion, so I could be wrong I suppose.
We just always seem to be on the wrong end of that, puck along the boards, he's sending it on it's way all the way around...I just think with the way the rule is written it shouldn't be a penalty. I guess you could call it careless, but that's true of nearly any shot and a lot of passes then, just they're lucky enough to not have a guy skate into it a little bit. We had some other weak calls against us in the game I didn't like either, just felt like we got the short end of the stick in a game we dominated for 40 minutes but ended up blowing a 2-0 lead.

Stosh

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Another tough loss for the Devils tonight. Ugh.
Last night was the first time I felt that not having Parise may have cost us a point. Kovy and Parise were money in shootouts. Clarkson is great at what he does, scoring ugly goals by paying the price in front of the net He should not be the number #4 shooter in a finesse skills competition.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Last night was the first time I felt that not having Parise may have cost us a point. Kovy and Parise were money in shootouts. Clarkson is great at what he does, scoring ugly goals by paying the price in front of the net He should not be the number #4 shooter in a finesse skills competition.
Ugh, I couldn't agree more.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Oilers' new strategy: get in to overtime, park Yakupov at the side of the net, and let him bat it in out of mid air. Worked twice so far.

Fidlen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Not sure what Phoenix was bitching about. I know their argument was going to be high sticking on Whitney but it wasnt. Had Whitney scored it might have been high sticking cause his stick looked to be right around the crossbar, but it was below his shoulders so the "high stick" pass to Yakupov is totally legal imo.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Actually when I saw the replay the third or fourth time, it looked like the original shot hit Whitney's hand or arm, bounced up in the air, he whiffed on it, and then Yakupov hit it in. I'm not clear on the rules for a hand pass or lack thereof in that kind of situation. It certainly wasn't intentional. However Phoenix may well have had a point.

Bane_sl

shitlord
Heading into the Hub to see BOS v BUF. Should be a good match. Buffalo took a page out of our book and brauned up a bit. And we HATE Steve Ott. Will be 5 rows behind the B's bench. Can't wait..

Methodical_sl

shitlord
Speaking of adding braun, Leafs just picked up Frazer McLaren @6.5 230 from the Sharks. Another enforcer... woo. Carlyle also calling up Ryan Hamilton from the Marlies (leafs AHL team) for tonight's game.He's their captain and recently scored a hat trick in the AHL all star game.Happy that he's getting that chance although it will probably be the fourth line.

Krag

Peasant
Before I think I clicked on the MLB thread again, it's brawn.

smile.png

Merrith

8 PP's already for Toronto tonight. Good to be the Caps. Somehow leading 2-1. Maybe we could get a 5 on 3 at some point tonight to even it out.

Methodical_sl

shitlord
Refs calling everything. Up to 39 shots I think for Leafs, it's killing me.Caps should just sit someone in the box save the legs lol