NHL 2012-13 - Half Season Thread

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It'll be funny when the Caps lose out with the new lottery too. Flyers tomorrow and Pens on Sunday. could be 1-7-1 by the time the Super Bowl pregame comes on.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
God damn, these OT losses are fucking killing me. Good news is both Adams looked pretty sharp tonight, at least from what I saw.

Merrith

I expect Erskine to get a game or two for the elbow on Simmonds tonight. Just not a smart play. Even dumber was there was no penalty called, but Hendricks and Rinaldo get ejected b/c linesman was doing their usual false start on a faceoff.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
Damn son, Pens are playing caps/devils and panthers several times in the next few weeks...I'm really hoping we can make those into some wins. It's interesting that the Caps are pretty much regarding half season as their post season, IE sucking it up like usual. Sucks to be you Merrith. =( And god damn the Bruins - having the majority of my friends being Bruins/Pats fans is killing me. Snobby motherfucks.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I only listened to the game today(MIKE LANGE!), but the Pens sounded great. They've always done really(relatively) well against Marty in the Crosby era.

Sparko

Silver Knight of the Realm
Lots of great games today, I really enjoyed the Kings/Ducks game lots of scoring. Kings kept coming back till the end with the Ducks scoring some late goals.

Was also nice to see my Coyotes get a much needed win with Smith holding Dallas to a shutout. If Smith can return to last seasons form all we need is some more offense and they have a pretty decent chance to make another playoff run.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
I only listened to the game today(MIKE LANGE!), but the Pens sounded great. They've always done really(relatively) well against Marty in the Crosby era.
Yea, I missed the game (We have center ice, but it was on NHL HD which apparently does not come with our cable package nor our center ice package, wtf?) but my dad and I generally always text during the games, so he kept me abreast.

I hate missing games, but if I have to devils are the one to miss. Watching them play the trap is never fucking fun; nothing like 2+ periods of getting stalled at the blue line.

I do love Lange though; when I was managing the kitchen in restaurants I always brought in a radio on game days - it was always obvious when the pens pulled something amazing off. Lots of shouting and service picking up due to enthusiasm.

Merrith

Damn son, Pens are playing caps/devils and panthers several times in the next few weeks...I'm really hoping we can make those into some wins. It's interesting that the Caps are pretty much regarding half season as their post season, IE sucking it up like usual. Sucks to be you Merrith. =( And god damn the Bruins - having the majority of my friends being Bruins/Pats fans is killing me. Snobby motherfucks.
Not used to sucking in the regular season...usually wait until the playoffs to break my heart, usually in a Game 7. I was hoping Jersey would tire you guys out a little more but you just beat the shit out of them. Hopefully we stay out of the box better than we have done so far this year, and our top 2 lines can get something going.

Merrith

Worth sharing

pierredrinkinggame.jpg

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
Yea, never expect the devils to tire us out. It's up or down on whether Brodeur can stop our scorers, but a game against the devils never seems to have much momentum.

Pierre has such a hard on for Ovie; there should be an entire section if it's a Caps game.

Also, hilarious we are still talking about Ovie years later after everyone has realized he is not the same caliber of player Crosby/Malkin are. You're only disappointed at his performance if you mistakenly believed he was an elite player.

Years ago I'd have taken him in a heartbeat and put him on a line with Crosby. Now? He hasn't improved at all. And I think that has more to do with the fact that everyone told him everything he was doing was fucking spot on, while a player like Crosby tended to nitpick his game and improve in even the same areas.

Edit: Caps using their arena to bounce pucks? No wai. Ugh, cannot believe our goalie left us wide open.

Wow what a momentum change with 2 goals in 36 seconds.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh what the fuck. You see that goal? Dump off the glass and when Vokoun went around back to intercept it the thing bounced off a seam on the side and in the net with Vokoun behind it.

Fuck you, glass.

Merrith

Pierre has such a hard on for Ovie; there should be an entire section if it's a Caps game.

Also, hilarious we are still talking about Ovie years later after everyone has realized he is not the same caliber of player Crosby/Malkin are. You're only disappointed at his performance if you mistakenly believed he was an elite player.

Years ago I'd have taken him in a heartbeat and put him on a line with Crosby. Now? He hasn't improved at all. And I think that has more to do with the fact that everyone told him everything he was doing was fucking spot on, while a player like Crosby tended to nitpick his game and improve in even the same areas.

Edit: Caps using their arena to bounce pucks? No wai. Ugh, cannot believe our goalie left us wide open.

Wow what a momentum change with 2 goals in 36 seconds.
Pierre has the hard on for Crosby you mean. There's no question Ovechkin isn't in the same league as Crosby/Malkin anymore, but he was there for a good 2-3 years. Don't know if he can get back to that point.

Holtby just killing us today.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
Oh what the fuck. You see that goal? Dump off the glass and when Vokoun went around back to intercept it the thing bounced off a seam on the side and in the net with Vokoun behind it.

Fuck you, glass.
Caps used to use the knowledge of their own arena and it's fucking walls/glass quite a bit to bounce pucks - haven't seen it in awhile though but yea, fuck you glass.

Edit: Haha, I haven't really heard too much Crosby love. Used to be during Caps/Pens days Pierre would slob all over Ovie's knob, even when Crosby was loading his plate up on goals/assists and hits and Ovie was just crawling around with a goal. I'd also argue that Ovie was never really in Crosby's league - Malkin's yes, but Crosby was more of a depth player. He's was never just a "goal scorer" and made sure most areas of his play were spot on. There's a reason Crosby plays in our PK and the Caps have Ovie take their penalties.

That doesn't mean I don't think he was a good player. His ability to get the puck in was great - I'd have loved to have seen him on a line with Crosby, who creates scoring opportunities, and Ovie, who can take them.

Merrith

Fuck you, glass.
He played here last year, he should know that can happen. Never seen it work to our benefit though until today.

Merrith

Caps used to use the knowledge of their own arena and it's fucking walls/glass quite a bit to bounce pucks - haven't seen it in awhile though but yea, fuck you glass.

Edit: Haha, I haven't really heard too much Crosby love. Used to be during Caps/Pens days Pierre would slob all over Ovie's knob, even when Crosby was loading his plate up on goals/assists and hits and Ovie was just crawling around with a goal.
I'm pretty sure we both have the homer bias here, but all they do is slob all over Crosby, always have until AO won MVP then it got a little more even.

Merrith

The usual Charmin Ultra soft call against us. Not that our PP was doing shit anyways. We look horrible.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
I'm pretty sure we both have the homer bias here, but all they do is slob all over Crosby, always have until AO won MVP then it got a little more even.
My hockey bias is more righteous sir, Crosby is on my side. So are the hockey gods!
tongue.png
(I kid.)

Kunitz with the hat trick! Man, bad time to break a stick.

Merrith

My hockey bias is more righteous sir, Crosby is on my side. So are the hockey gods!
tongue.png
(I kid.)

Kunitz with the hat trick! Man, bad time to break a stick.
They are on your side. Speaking of who Pierre slobbers on the most...just in case you didn't know, even though Malkin and Kunitz made a great play, Sid on the ice is the reason they were able to channel such great play into a goal. This game is pretty much over unless we sneak a goal or two back before intermission.