NHL 2012-13 - Half Season Thread

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
I dunno, I don't think Volchenkov's hit is as bad as it looks. When you're about to give or take a hit you brace your elbows against your sides and push outwards as the hit is made. Looks to me like he was doing that, but Marchand's hesitation/slowing (and being a midget) before the hit screwed up his timing, and his elbow came up early and caught him in the head. Could probably be a game or two, I agree. But I don't think it was intentional.

As far as Hall's chop goes, yeah that was cheap. Not sure if something happened earlier lead up to that, though. He's not hiding behind the linesman though, give me a break. The linesmen are smart enough to know what's going on, and who the Coyotes are after, so of course they're going to stand beside him to try to prevent any further scuffles. As far as it being suspendable, are you fucking retarded Methodical? No injury whatsoever, Michalek was able to jump right up and get in Hall's face. At most that's a missed 2 minute penalty.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Well if he's getting a phone hearing, I have a hard time believing Shanny came out last night and said it wasn't suspendable.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I dunno, I don't think Volchenkov's hit is as bad as it looks. When you're about to give or take a hit you brace your elbows against your sides and push outwards as the hit is made.
He wasn't bracing, watch his left arm. He raises it up to head height and swings his elbow forward with his hand in, not forward to brace. No brace, it's an attack. It was closer to a Muay Thai move than a hockey move=P

Merrith

All the bubble teams seemed to win tonight, well besides Tampa and Buffalo, although their bubble status was debatable.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Jokinen 2 more goals tonight. One was an awesome deflection. Those goals are always crazy to me, when I used to play deck hockey I could never get that shit down right. St. Louis had a really nice one tonight as well.

Also Kris Letang had the best check of the year=P Will post later if I find a good video of it.

Merrith

Jokinen 2 more goals tonight. One was an awesome deflection. Those goals are always crazy to me, when I used to play deck hockey I could never get that shit down right. St. Louis had a really nice one tonight as well.

Also Kris Letang had the best check of the year=P Will post later if I find a good video of it.
The guys who are good at it are awesome. I always think teams overlook the slap pass for a redirect just off to the side of the goalie the way most challenge the shooter.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Habs clinch playoff birth with the win tonight. Nice to see, especially given last years debacle. Hoping to see a habs/leafs first round matchup; would make for a great series.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
He wasn't bracing, watch his left arm. He raises it up to head height and swings his elbow forward with his hand in, not forward to brace. No brace, it's an attack. It was closer to a Muay Thai move than a hockey move=P
meh, I don't really agree. Even his reaction after the hit makes it pretty clear it was an accident.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
The SJ/Detroit shootout last night was awesome. Of course LA had to win their fucking game. God, I don't want to have to play LA or The Blues in the first round.

There was no accident there, that was a pretty blatant elbow.
Grimmlokk have you ever seen the 1986 animated Transformers w/ the incredible soundtrack?

VKRfEUp.png

Bane_sl

shitlord
Third Period:
01:09 Toronto Mark Fraser: 5 minutes, fighting
01:09 Montreal Brandon Prust: 5 minutes, fighting
07:59 Toronto Michael Kostka: 5 minutes, fighting
07:59 Montreal Brendan Gallagher: 5 minutes, fighting
07:59 Montreal Brendan Gallagher: 2 minutes, interference
11:30 Montreal Brandon Prust: 2 minutes, roughing
11:30 Montreal Brandon Prust: 2 minutes, roughing
11:30 Montreal Brandon Prust: 10 minutes, misconduct
11:30 Toronto Mikhail Grabovski: 2 minutes, roughing
11:30 Toronto Mikhail Grabovski: 10 minutes, misconduct
11:30 Montreal Max Pacioretty: 10 minutes, misconduct
12:17 Montreal Tomas Plekanec: 2 minutes, holding
15:01 Montreal Josh Gorges: 5 minutes, fighting
15:01 Toronto Frazer Mclaren: 5 minutes, fighting
15:01 Toronto Colton Orr: 2 minutes, roughing
15:01 Toronto Colton Orr: 2 minutes, roughing
15:01 Toronto Colton Orr: 10 minutes, misconduct
19:14 Montreal Rene Bourque: 10 minutes, misconduct

There was some hockey too-Leafs 6-0.
Man, these two definitely need to meet in the playoffs.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Man, these two definitely need to meet in the playoffs.
I'd love to see it. Trouble is, I'm a Leafs fan, and my wife is a Montreal fan. Our marriage may suffer.

I think Montreal would win in a playoff series. Toronto is just out of Playoff practice, and I think Montreal really is better in the long haul. Give them a seven game series, and Toronto is going to lose.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I would hate to meet the Leafs in the playoffs. They have our number this year.

Islanders also have our number this year.