NHL 2012-13 - Half Season Thread

Methodical_sl

shitlord
Leafs with massive hit after massive hit.Kadri smoked Gallagher twice, Komarov bowled over two habs with one hit, Franson crushed Prust, on and on it went...ohhhh the humanity.Best of all PK unsportsmanlike conduct for snow job on Reimer.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
http://www.downgoesbrown.com/2013/04...nterviews.html

It was definitely time for Tambo to go when he let the team playing with 8 fucking defense and 2 centers for most of the season. That was genius. Guy was terrified to make a big trade apparently, and he did nothing to improve the team. We've got a stock of young talent, but if anything our veteran core is now far worse than it was when he came on.

However this is not going to go down well in Oil Country. Many, if not most Oilers fans are fucking sick of the club being run as retirement home for former players. Kevin Lowe should have fired himself, seeing that he was the GM before Tambo that managed one good Cup run but otherwise ran the team in to the cellar and made some terrible signings. So what does he do? He brings in MacT, who was chased out of town 5 years ago. Great idea. The media is already all over him.

Juvarisx

Florida
Greg Wyshynski ?@wyshynski 1h

Only thing missing from Kevin Lowe dropping the "how many Cups do I have" reference was the sound of a zipper lowering.
Jesse Spector ?@jessespector 2h

Craig MacTavish was the last NHL player not to wear a helmet. How fun would it be if he was the first GM to wear one all the time?
Down Goes Brown ?@DownGoesBrown 1h

I think whenever Kevin Lowe says "fair question", it's his code word to have the reporter immediately taken out and killed.
Hahaha

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Like I said, a couple of reporters were going for Lowe's throat:http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/201...-the-hot-seat/

"When you talked about Steve coming in under difficult circumstances when he took over the job, part of that, with respect, was he had to clean up the mess that was left already. This group was largely responsible for that mess. How are fans going to be re-assured that the group that left the mess that Tambellini couldn't quite clean up is now going to be cleaned up by the guys who left the mess to begin with?"
That sums it up pretty well. MacT was the coach for one season under Tambo and had been for 6-7 years prior. Lowe was the GM prior.

Phandy

Golden Squire
Agreed. The old boys club in EDM has got to stop. They need a fresh GM that doesn't have a distorted attachment to the players on the roster. They need to make significant moves and those might require moving a young player.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
It'll be interesting to see how they manage to squeeze that in later to a schedule that's already so packed in.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I was reading about the firing of Tambelini and the hiring of Mactavish, and I though to myself...Why? What the Oilers need at this point is a total upper management change like Montreal did. They need fresh blood, people with a different look, and not related to the previous management to really make a change of culture...

This seems to be heading into more of the same type of thing...

Methodical_sl

shitlord
One or both teams play every day from the 16th through to the 23rd, as well as the 25th and 27th (last day of the season). That leaves the 24th and 26th or a day after the season ends.

Methodical_sl

shitlord
In Reimer we trust. Leafs only had 5 shots at the end of the second and went about 20 minutes without any.The fans actually cheered the 6th shot on net, was kinda funny, but otherwise boring game.People were chanting Reimer; he had at least 5 standing ovations, so nice to see people cheering again. Fifty two hits! priorities and all.I think Komarov killed that guy!

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Feel bad for the upside down dude, he really doesn't want to cut dude apart with skates and that dipshit is too busy sitting there trying to draw a penalty(or not get called for one).

Every time I look at the standing it's crazy seeing Chicago still only has 3 regulation losses. Talk about being in every game.

And on the other side, Pens with Crosby, Neal, and Malkin missing time. That's not a normal team, that's an all star game line. Motherfuckers better get healthy for the playoffs. At least Crosby/Neal/Paul Martin skated today.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Every time I look at the standing it's crazy seeing Chicago still only has 3 regulation losses. Talk about being in every game.
My only fear is that they might run out of steam come playoffs time, while other teams get really hot (like the Kings).