NHL 2012-13 - Half Season Thread

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
I hope they miss the playoffs by whatever means necessary, because I'm still butthurt about '08.
I will be astonished if they make the playoffs. Imagine what this team will look like if/when they lose Datsyuk next year. It will become a case of "Detroit...who?"

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
edit: Best goalie last night was Andrew Ference. Sick kick save, I love when non-goalies make goalie moves to get a save.
kicksave.gif

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, I'm hoping the Wings just barely make it into the playoffs as 8th seed, get promptly killed by the Hawks in a 4-0 playoff series and go home. That way we get the double satisfaction of crushing their hopes, and them not having to bitch about missing the playoffs due to lockout.
Sweeping them would just be gravy especially since it's their last season in the West.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Nemo racks up another win. I can't imagine what the Hawks would be like if they still had him, and that's saying a lot. Torres snags a goals...heh. Wild were fucking dominated in the second/third. I soooo don't want to face L.A. in the first round, though. We usually beat them but after last years playoff run I am lacking in any kind of confidence.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Looking like the Southleast might come down to next Tuesday's Jets/Assholes game.

If a division is gonna blow every cock it can get it's hands on I'm glad it's going to at least be a close race.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Wonder if the Pens/Bruins game gets cancelled. TD garden anywhere near the shitstorm going on in Watertown?

Methodical_sl

shitlord
hockey and baseball cancelled

from TSN:

Major League Baseball's game between the Boston Red Sox and Kansas City Royals at Fenway Park and the NHL game between the Pittsburgh Penguins and Boston Bruins at TD Garden have been postponed as a city-wide lockdown has local law enforcement in a manhunt for the second suspect of the Boston Marathon bombings.

The 7pm et game between the Bruins and Pittsburgh Penguins was on hold after both teams cancelled their morning skates.

The Penguins-Bruins game has been tentatively rescheduled for Saturday at TD Garden beginning at 12:30pm et, with the game's status to be formalized no later than 8:30am et. The game between the Penguins and Buffalo Sabres, scheduled for Saturday night in Pittsburgh, has been moved to Tuesday at 7:30pm et.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Rangers pretty much just ended the Sabres season with 3 goals within a minute and a half of each other late in the first. Not that Buffalo had much chance at a playoff run but go Rangers anyway!

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Too bad he then cost us the game with an ill-timed delay of game penalty.
Well, after a direct save of a goal and an indirect cause of a goal he's at the worst not a net negative for the game=P

Seeing that the game will be 12:30 tomorrow afternoon. Means the Bruins will have back to back games this weekend and next. 6 games in 9 days. Gonna suck going in to the playoffs.