NHL 2013 - 2014 Season Thread

Eomer

Trakanon Raider

I'm shocked nothing about Stamkos.
Well, it's pretty much the end of my keeper pool for the year. Trying to decide if I trade him away for current players (he is signed through this season and two more to my team), or if I trade away other players to tank for the year and get draft picks. Ugh.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Really bad luck for Stamkos and for the league. I won't be amazed if Kadri gets nothing cause Shanny fail.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was wondering why the announcer last night called him the "unfortunate Stamkos".

Speaking of last night, the Penguins have completely forgotten how to score goals. Ray Emery looked like prime Brodeur last night. Hopefully the return of James Neal will trigger something and maybe Malkin will remember how to offense.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
To me the second Kadri hit wasn't all that bad. The hit on the goalie however was dirty as all fuck. He knew exactly what he was doing.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
To me the second Kadri hit wasn't all that bad. The hit on the goalie however was dirty as all fuck. He knew exactly what he was doing.
It wasn't the hardest hit in the world but hard to deny that it was targeted high.

Merrith

I was wondering why the announcer last night called him the "unfortunate Stamkos".

Speaking of last night, the Penguins have completely forgotten how to score goals. Ray Emery looked like prime Brodeur last night. Hopefully the return of James Neal will trigger something and maybe Malkin will remember how to offense.
Malkin is getting helpers at least. Watched a lot of that game last night, Emery did make some decent saves, but seemed like the Pens missed some golden chances by a couple of inches every time.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
It wasn't the hardest hit in the world but hard to deny that it was targeted high.
If you mean the goalie hit, he intentionally drove his elbow through the goalie's head, while the goalie was in the crease. He's getting 3-5 games for that one, for sure.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I'm talking about the hit on Granlund that got him tossed which you said wasn't that bad. I was just agreeing that the hit wasn't very hard, but it was definitely high.

I agree completely about the hit on Backstrom.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I think the referee threw him out of the game on the 2nd hit more to keep control of the game than anything else. If he hadn't hit Backstrom earlier, he would not have been ejected. I think the ref just thought it could degenerate if he stayed him.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ah, man I love playing the Oilers. It's nice to just get an easy win when you have back-to-backs.

Merrith

Ovechkin always seems to step it up when we're playing against other guys he's competing against for the Richard trophy. Pots two early, and we never looked back. Didn't think we'd be leading our newer, so much tougher division (although Pens have a game in hand).

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hey Grimm, just for tonight, fuck you bro.
Someone should tell Ovie that the goal is that red rectangle thing and it doesn't extend 2' in every direction.

edit: Nice save from last night.

Mx6Hhn2.gif

Merrith

Even with the early post you guys dominated the game Grimm. Although honestly the score should have been a lot lower, no idea what Holtby was doing on the first 3 goals. I'll give Neal's shot a pass cause that was a snipe, but a flutterer, off his angle, and getting over in plenty of time to stop Crosby's goal but then not reacting to the puck because he thought it had already been shot or something were all pretty bad goaltending examples.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Awesome Crosby goal with .3 left to send it to overtime, followed by the Pens first OTL in over a year=P

Dunno if you guys saw it, but Crosby also managed to deflect Boston's 3rd goal in for them out of mid-air. Maybe shit the bed on D on the OT goal as well, seemed like he was out of position. Tried to nab the puck and left the man open.

edit: Also, Krug is playing like an animal.

Xith

Bronze Knight of the Realm
That Crosby goal made me sad. Thought for sure they were going to lose in OT after that, but managed to pull out a win. The Bruins are starting to play pretty well. I think they might have a better team than last year. Defensively, they have been great, but need to score more, particularly the 2nd line.

I'm not sure why this is, but the Bruins are last in the league in power plays. For some reason they just don't draw penalties. Obviously, more power plays would help the scoring problem.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
So, thoughts on the huge Canadian TV deal? That deal alone is enough to raise the salary cap by about 3-5 million. I'm not thrilled about it personally, because TSN is mostly getting shut out and Rogers/Sportsnet is fucking atrocious by comparison. Their on-air people are almost all terrible (WHY THE FUCK DOES BRAD MAY HAVE A JOB?), their production values are horrid, and Nick Kypreos is a fucking moron who takes himself way the fuck too seriously. Obviously there'll be a game of musical chairs over the next year or two as Sportsnet poaches TSN's talent, but I'd have much preferred that it went to TSN.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
5.2 billion? I don't care about specifics much, just glad to see someone is willing to throw that kind of money at HOCKEY again.

DiPietro cut from his minor league team. Jesus, what a fall from grace.

And hey, the Pens lose another defensive defensemen for an extended period. Paul Martin broke his leg Monday, he was leading the team in ice time. Guh.