NHL 2013 - 2014 Season Thread

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Everything's humming along smoothly in Chicago

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
gHgifq3.png

*sigh* 33% more games lost than the next highest team.

For reference Chicago is at 125. Fuckers.

OK, I'll stop crying about injuries for a while now.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sadly, despite 100 less man games lost Detroit is on par with quality of man games lost. And if you look at the current injuries Detroit us waaaaaaay worse off.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sadly, despite 100 less man games lost Detroit is on par with quality of man games lost. And if you look at the current injuries Detroit us waaaaaaay worse off.
As long as Sid and Geno are relatively healthy the team won't be bad, that's true. But it's hard to argue with the numbers, especially when you consider it's not a bunch of 6th defensemen or wingers missing the bulk of the time. It's Sid and Geno's primary wingers and the team's top defensemen.

But yeah, Red Wings are taking it in the cornhole as well. Datsyuk out is brutal, and Zetterberg has been on the shelf for like a month now.

It's not a 1:1 comparison I guess. Have to look at each team's ceiling. Pens full strength would hopefully move up 1 slot in the conference ahead of Boston, main difference is they'd be seen as a legit contender with the big boys out West(dependent on Fleury, as always). Detroit full strength would probably be up in the middle of the playoff pack rather than on the outside looking in. In those terms it's probably a much bigger swing for the Wings.

Fadaar

That guy
Lightning on a 5 game win streak $$

Too bad Boston is on a fuckin' 11 game streak. Absolutely zero chance of getting close to the division at this point, but #3 seed is entirely plausible. They play the Penguins tonight, maybe they can finally notch their first win against them/Boston this season.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Err, welcome home!?

UntidyPaltryKiwi.gif

ThickRadiantGalago.gif

hockey.gif

ThickExcellentKoalabear.gif

Dude spends 10 years leading the franchise in goals and continues to give back to the community and the poor guy returns to boo's every time he touches the puck. Nash is a class act, never seen him get so rustled.

Funny thing is, while everyone was focused on him, fellow former Boo Jacket Brassard scores the game winner.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Caps in San Jose tonight needing 2 points. We've only not had a victory there in 20+ years. Feeling confident.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
The caps got sooooo fucking lucky. Both of their goals were total flukes.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The caps got sooooo fucking lucky. Both of their goals were total flukes.
Basically the exact opposite of what happens to us in almost any important game. 20 years of bad bounces there I'll take a win any way I can get it.