NHL 2013 - 2014 Season Thread

So the Sharks finally roll a pretty competent team only to be sidelined by fucking injuries once again. I fucking despise the Kings style of play. Jared Stoll is suuuuuch a piece of shit, as is half their core team. It's hard to get anywhere when you have a godamn goon squad trolling you before the final round. Even if the Sharks pull their head out of their ass and make it to the next round they will be too beat up.

Easy cups for the Bruins at this point.
This is one of the main reasons I hate the Kings also. Most of their guys wear visors also and will not drop the gloves.

The Stars have been doing this a lot to the Ducks in this series also. Garbutt and Rousell mainly, and neither will drop the gloves and for some reason the Refs give Pat Maroon a game misconduct at the end of the last 4 games, for no reason.

EvasiveGoose_sl

shitlord
I was impressed by Dallas honestly. During the regular season I always saw playing them as a joke. I won't be looking at them in that light again.

EvasiveGoose_sl

shitlord
How many Wild fans do we have in here? I'm spreading this pic everywhere

8Nmfszu.png

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
So the Sharks finally roll a pretty competent team only to be sidelined by fucking injuries once again. I fucking despise the Kings style of play. Jared Stoll is suuuuuch a piece of shit, as is half their core team. It's hard to get anywhere when you have a godamn goon squad trolling you before the final round. Even if the Sharks pull their head out of their ass and make it to the next round they will be too beat up.

Easy cups for the Bruins at this point.
What's your issue with Stoll? He's been hitting everything that moves, but clean hits as far as I've seen. Dude is not a goon in the slightest, fuck he's barely 6' tall. He plays hard, but clean. The hit on White a few year's back was a shitty circumstance where he tried to pin a guy hard, White didn't know he was there, and his head smashed the dasher board. You can even see how shocked Stoll is when White slumps, he's like "what the fuck did I do?"

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
barring injury, i think the bruins- if they play like they should- will win it all, but who knows, someone could get hurt, rask could suck, etc.

but barring injury and playing like they did this last series...win it all
smile.png

What's your issue with Stoll? He's been hitting everything that moves, but clean hits as far as I've seen. Dude is not a goon in the slightest, fuck he's barely 6' tall. He plays hard, but clean. The hit on White a few year's back was a shitty circumstance where he tried to pin a guy hard, White didn't know he was there, and his head smashed the dasher board. You can even see how shocked Stoll is when White slumps, he's like "what the fuck did I do?"
Hes one of those guys that goes around throwing the body and plays on the edge of legal hits. Hes gave more than a few guys concussions during his career but he also wears a visor and never fights.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Actually, he himself has been concussed several times for being on the receiving end of dirty hits, like for example Torres last year:

Stoll is not even in the same fucking UNIVERSE as Torres. It's not even close. He's been suspended once, for a single game, for the Ian White hit. Otherwise he's known as a honest player. If you think Stoll has a dirty reputation in the league, you're a fucking moron and don't follow hockey much. It's that simple.

Give me some specific examples of his dirty hits, if it's so well known how dirty he is.

EvasiveGoose_sl

shitlord
Stoll is not even in the same fucking UNIVERSE as Torres.
Torres is a fucking goon. Every team has one, and they need to be out of the league. That'll never happen, but pipe dreams keep you hoping! I'd compare Stoll to more of a Backes like player. Generally respectable with big hits that can be construed as dirty every so often. I've blamed both of them of dirty hits on the spot where later I was like "wow I'm a homer." Don't confuse anger for not watching hockey. We all do it.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Stoll put MEV out for this next game with his high hit in the last game. He has injured or forced a shark out almost every time we play against the kings. He got away with THREE high sticks in game 3. He's a fucking goon and he's subtle about it. Torres WAS a goon, he's totally turned his game around. Plus, a huge portion of the kings do dirty shit behind the play. It's a team talented at playing dirty.

Doesn't matter now, though. MEV is out, likely with a concussion, so there goes our best Dman and they are putting Stalock in as our starter. San Jose is boned at this point. I'm still baffled that Tmac chose Brown and Desjardin over Havlat and Kennedy. This team has been going out of it's way to do stupid shit over the last three years.

Actually, he himself has been concussed several times for being on the receiving end of dirty hits, like for example Torres last year:

Give me some specific examples of his dirty hits, if it's so well known how dirty he is.
Well this is one that comes to mind.

Im not going to find every Stoll dirty hit, but I never compared him to Torres.

If you go back and read my actual comment, I give the reason why I dont like him.He wears a visor and never fights, but throws the big (sometimes dirty) hits.

Nutron_sl

shitlord
Rarely have seen a team be lifted so much by its crowd! Wtf is going on here lol.

Last 10 minutes of the CBJ-PIT game was awesome!

EvasiveGoose_sl

shitlord
One player I'm getting real sick of cheap shots from is McLeod. For a couple years now he's been gooning it up. Time to put a stop to this shit.

When he saw they were going to lose and the whistle blew, threw cross checks and punches like a bitch. Grow up, you're playing a professional sport. You're team finished last in the league last year, you should be used to losing.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I thought they were going to pull off the 4th goal.
Sphincters were clenched tight all over the city.

But the Penguins of Destiny pulled it off. NO ONE BELIEVED IN US!

BTW Brooks Orpik's old sloppy ass misses 2 games and the D suddenly shows up...well except for the last 10 minutes. He's so GD slow now, and seems to think he can close his eyes and just chuck the puck in a random direction. Gotsta GO.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Well this is one that comes to mind.
That hit is 100% on Fowler. He put himself in that position by trying to turn. Stoll was going in to make a hit from the side and pin him on the boards, and Fowler made a huge no-no and turned in to the boards. That's not a dirty hit.

As far as what you "originally said", it was actually Lodi who said he's "suuuuuch a piece of shit", and you made the comment about Kings wearing visors and not fighting. I fail to see how Stoll, who again is widely recognized as an honest player is a "piece of shit". He's an excellent third line center with a phenomenal one timer, great at faceoffs, and so on. Most teams would kill to have a third line center as good as him, and that has little or nothing to do with his hitting.

As far as your opinion on visors and fighting, this isn't the 80's anymore. 70% of the NHL wears visors now, and players coming in to the league have no choice. Still didn't used to wear a visor when he was first breaking in to the league with the Oilers, but at some point put one on. Likely due to a scary eye injury, he's got a massive scar under one eye. At this point it's not about being a pussy, it's about common fucking sense. I'm all for throwback guys who don't want to wear one, but we're about 10 years past holding it against guys. And no, he's not a fighter, never has been. What does that have to do with anything? Again, this isn't the 80's. Just because you lay some big checks doesn't mean you have to answer the bell every time or end up getting Steve Moore'd.

Its just hockey to drop the gloves occasionally, especially if youre throwing big hits. Its a pretty pussy thing to do not to ever drop the gloves, especially when theres a good reason for someone to come after you.