NHL 2014-15 Season Thread

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Have been on the other side of ref/linesman taking out our D man. It sucks when it happens...surprised it doesn't more often. That said was a weird game, lot of strange momentum shifts. Lightning in a bottle for you guys to start the 2nd period, we get the lead right after the linesman goal only to give it away a couple minutes later. I'll take the 2 points and escape given how we usually fair on these west coast trips.
I really wish it was possible to change it so that any time a refer completely obstructs a play they have to call it dead. Sadly, that will never happen. Nemo was pretty shitty that night as well, should have stopped that second goal by Beagle.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I really wish it was possible to change it so that any time a refer completely obstructs a play they have to call it dead. Sadly, that will never happen. Nemo was pretty shitty that night as well, should have stopped that second goal by Beagle.
Oddly enough some people on Caps blog defending the use of Beagle in overtime point to that as a "high skill" goal...when in reality without the linesman tackling your D it's probably not even a scoring chance (or any quality anyways), nor was the "finish" really that good. I still don't know how it slid under Niemi.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oddly enough some people on Caps blog defending the use of Beagle in overtime point to that as a "high skill" goal...when in reality without the linesman tackling your D it's probably not even a scoring chance (or any quality anyways), nor was the "finish" really that good. I still don't know how it slid under Niemi.
We have our ignorant fans too. There are people that actually think Nemo needs to be replaced as our starter by Stalock. Baffling. If this team could get their blue line in order for once in the teams history we would have a serious contender.

Merrith

We have our ignorant fans too. There are people that actually think Nemo needs to be replaced as our starter by Stalock. Baffling. If this team could get their blue line in order for once in the teams history we would have a serious contender.
It's not that Beagle is a terrible player or that him having a career year isn't a good thing...he's just still a 4th line player who maybe could fill in on a checking oriented 3rd line occasionally. He isn't a driver of play, but he's a decent faceoff guy and can grind out shifts, will play some on the PK.

Tonight sucks, everyone in the Metro (that matters) won again. I guess at least Ottawa pushed Pens to a SO so no ROW...but damn, impossible to make up any ground. I just don't see any of the top 4 in the Metro getting overtaken by anyone else at this point (meaning one of them dropping out of playoffs). It'll just be about seeding.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Man, what a difference a month can make. Rewind to this time in January and the Wild had just dropped 6 straight and lost 6 of the 8 prior to that. Playoffs were impossible. Yeo was probably a game away from getting canned. We trade for Dubnyk, who I think most people up here thought was just a desperation move that wouldn't mean anything, and he out of nowhere goes on a Vezina level tear. 9-1-2 since and 2 points out of the last Wildcard spot.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Man, what a bloody trainwreck Toronto is. Lost 13 of the last 14. No major changes upcoming. Ranked second to worst franchise in the league. Why won't people just stop buying tickets and merchandise? Put a fricking choke hold on the owners of that franchise, and force some change?

Don't mind me, I'm not frustrated at all.

Merrith

Man, what a bloody trainwreck Toronto is. Lost 13 of the last 14.No major changes upcoming.Ranked second to worst franchise in the league. Why won't people just stop buying tickets and merchandise? Put a fricking choke hold on the owners of that franchise, and force some change?

Don't mind me, I'm not frustrated at all.
You don't think they do a major blow up before trade deadline? I mean it's Toronto so standing pat somehow is always in play but I think you might see them make some major moves.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
I think there are a few teams looking to blow it up at thetrade deadline, obviously it's started with Winnipeg, but it might continue with Toronto and Boston

Merrith

Leafs made a move, unloaded Franson and Santorelli to Preds for good old Olli Jokinen, prospect and a 1st.

Merrith

Crosby could play for the Cowboys. Penalty called on him, then called off. Never seen that before.

Fadaar

That guy
He's like the Jared Allen of hockey. Those two should get together and combine their mullet powers to fight the forces of evil.

Merrith

I'd watch that show. Better than most of the shite on tv now.
Weirdly...it could work.

All Ovechkin tonight. 2+2. Jumped up to 6th in points. Almost feel bad beating Boudreau again...but needed the win to keep pace. Even when the Pens lose today they still get a point. At least we get to play them head to head on Tuesday try and gain some more ground.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Sidebar: I fucking hate playing the Isles. This could of been an 8-1 game after the first.

Edit: HOLY SHIT!

That was the most entertaining regular season game I have seen in at least 3+ years. Between the local hype, the 40+ shots a peice, and the late third period rally to score 3 goals (6/5 final) I am just speechless. This is why I love this game.

Merrith

We should avatar bet. Regulation win 2 weeks, OT/shootout 1. Thread needs some action
I'm game.

Not sure this would work for something as small as an avatar though.

28vdmjl.gif