NHL 2014-15 Season Thread

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'd also totally take a 3 point game while Rags/Isles go on 5 game losing streaks each.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Betting on the Caps, eh? Well I guess I said anything...

I'll defer choice of avatar to Merrith since I have no dog in this fight.

Merrith

I kind of want to wear that even if I win, that's fuckin' hilarious.
At least Trotz has the lines right tonight. Chimera has been shit all year, good to see him finally scratched. Also nice to see Burakovsky get on the top line. Ovechkin and Backstrom have been saddled with random plug ins for 1RW all year (Beagle/Wilson) and gotten basically no production out of them. Makes me miss the years of Kozlov (well, not in the playoffs) and Knuble (before Father Time hit).

Merrith

Interesting goalie interference call given the stuff they've let go earlier in the game. Although maybe CSN just didn't have good replays since they didn't have a damn one at all of the Ovechkin goal to show us that was conclusive.

Merrith

Refs really turned that 3rd period into a shitshow. Ovechkin should have gotten 2 minutes for slashing on the Letang play, although refs sure let Kunitz do whatever he wanted in retaliation on the ensuing faceoff. Still miffed about all the contact Holtby dealt with all night while we got called twice for goalie interference. Either way we had our share of the PP's and made it count in the end.

I get why the Pens were pissed because of the optics of how the Ovechkin/Letang play ended up with Letang going awkwardly into the boards, but sure looked like Ovechkin was just swinging for the puck and Letang cut into the path. A penalty for sure, but for their whole team to lose their shit like that and start running around the entire rest of the game was just silly. Downie I expect it from because he was doing it the entire game. Wish he had the stones to fight Latta or Wilson.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Every year around this time I look at the standings to find the Caps in the wild card spots and think "ok, they can probably overtake a team" and then I always notice they've got like 2-3 more games played than everyone else. Without fail, every year. What the fuck is that about? Like right now they're a point behind the Rangers, but THREE more games played.

Merrith

Yeah...

Oh well, let me know what my new avatar is when you come up with it=)
Yeah. That's a good gif to show exactly that.

You can use this for a new av

n0VRpFI.gif

Merrith

Every year around this time I look at the standings to find the Caps in the wild card spots and think "ok, they can probably overtake a team" and then I always notice they've got like 2-3 more games played than everyone else. Without fail, every year. What the fuck is that about? Like right now they're a point behind the Rangers, but THREE more games played.
Scheduling quirk. Hard to overtake teams with 3 point games nowadays (not to mention Isles/Rags/Pens have all been winning a decent amount lately). Rags actually have enough games in hand on Isles to move ahead of them if they win all of those games in hand.

Merrith

I can if you resize it and go ask a mod to give me it. Can't give yourself animated ones.
Didn't know that, will work on it.

Carolina did us no favors tonight, Isles smoked them. Florida within 2 of Boston now too for final wild card.

Merrith

61.1 Slashing - Slashing is the act of a player swinging his stick at an
opponent, whether contact is made or not. Non-aggressive stick
contact to the pant or front of the shin pads, should not be penalized
as slashing. Any forceful or powerful chop with the stick on an
opponent's body, the opponent's stick, or on or near the opponent's
handsthat, in the judgment of the Referee, is not an attempt to play
the puck
, shall be penalized as slashing
I'm actually okay with the non call now that I see how clearly defined that is for slashing.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Merrith be slackin'. You can wear this until he comes through.

rrr_img_90807.jpg

Sorry if this is huge. I don't know how to do stuff.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Some nifty stats I just read.

NYR Ranks since 12/8:
W-1st (23)
ROW-1st (22)
PTS-2nd (47)
P%-1st (.783)
G/GP-1st (3.33)
GA/GP-2nd (2.10)
GOAL DIFF (not inc SO)-1st (+37)

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's hard to be a Sharks fan at the moment. I'm barely even looking forward to the stadium series now.

Merrith

Some nifty stats I just read.

NYR Ranks since 12/8:
W-1st (23)
ROW-1st (22)
PTS-2nd (47)
P%-1st (.783)
G/GP-1st (3.33)
GA/GP-2nd (2.10)
GOAL DIFF (not inc SO)-1st (+37)
'

Saw these on Japer's today too. You guys are killing it.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Merrith be slackin'. You can wear this until he comes through.

Sorry if this is huge. I don't know how to do stuff.
I was going to crop it down to just some random guy in the crowd, but I was far too lazy to crop twice for a joke.

So because Merrith is a bad I get a Rangers avatar for two weeks because the Capitals beat the Penguins=P

Merrith

Sorry guys forgot to do all that have had a lot going on. Rags have been killing it so much lately it's sort of fitting anyways. When I heard they dropped a point tonight I just thought "I'll take it". Guys have been nails.

Backstom 2+1 tonight, AO 1+1.

Backstrom tied with Kane for Art Ross lead. Pretty good for a guy who couldn't make the all star game.