NHL 2015-16 Season Thread

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Next Monday is the start of the season already. Hawks aren't going to repeat obviously but it'll be interesting to see how a guy like Panarin adjusts to the US game and how much Tuevo will have improved from last season. Teuvo is a stud who I feel has the potential to be one of the best players in the league. Our D is going to be very lackluster this season and it'll be our undoing I feel.

We'll start this thread off with the greatest goal song ever.

Fadaar

That guy
Start right back where we left off and hopefully with a slightly different result!

efaaafa5b7c3814fb1db6157e62b2a56.jpg

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Maybe the wings can make it to the second round this year! We've got Dan fucking cleary stashed down in the all just in case.

Merrith

Caps ECF or bust this year. Oshie and Williams come anywhere close to expectations and we might even go further than that.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's cute that you guys think any other team matters since the SidPhil line is going to combine for 800 points this season.

Honestly the biggest question this season is what to call the line, since SidPhil is retarded. Philly C? Sidney Kessel? New2, as in the New Two Headed Monster? Sidnip Kessby?

I keed, obviously, but I am stupidly overexcited about Crosby regularly playing with a winger he deserves for the first time in his career. Just think about the list of mid-tier motherfuckers he's made look like All-Stars in his career. Not that Kunitz and Duper are bad, but is there a soul on Earth that thinks Kunitz belonged on the Olympic team? If The Phil doesn't put in 50 this year it will be a letdown. At the very least he should break 100pts for the first time in his career.

1322951388792623942.jpg

20 years after he retires this image should still be in every hockey thread on the internet.

edit: Was reading this article about how The Phil will make Geno amazing on the PP, but what really sticks out is Ovie.

HockeyBuzz.com - Ryan Wilson - Phil Kessel will turn Evgeni Malkin back into power-play monster

Look at Ovie's PP shots compared to everyone else.

TB8cdFK.png

Now, he's useless shooting from the right, but looks at that fucking volume.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Biggest worry with the Wild is that what they really need to improve is a new coach, but they'll continue to do well enough for Yeo to keep his job well past the end of Parise and Suter's prime.

Merrith

It's cute that you guys think any other team matters since the SidPhil line is going to combine for 800 points this season.

Honestly the biggest question this season is what to call the line, since SidPhil is retarded. Philly C? Sidney Kessel? New2, as in the New Two Headed Monster? Sidnip Kessby?

I keed, obviously, but I am stupidly overexcited about Crosby regularly playing with a winger he deserves for the first time in his career. Just think about the list of mid-tier motherfuckers he's made look like All-Stars in his career. Not that Kunitz and Duper are bad, but is there a soul on Earth that thinks Kunitz belonged on the Olympic team? If The Phil doesn't put in 50 this year it will be a letdown. At the very least he should break 100pts for the first time in his career.

1322951388792623942.jpg

20 years after he retires this image should still be in every hockey thread on the internet.

edit: Was reading this article about how The Phil will make Geno amazing on the PP, but what really sticks out is Ovie.

HockeyBuzz.com - Ryan Wilson - Phil Kessel will turn Evgeni Malkin back into power-play monster

Look at Ovie's PP shots compared to everyone else.

TB8cdFK.png

Now, he's useless shooting from the right, but looks at that fucking volume.
Ovechkin breaks any shot volume chart, ever. Kessel should have a monster year, although his reputation as an "elite" goal scorer is a tad overblown. He's extremely good and consistent/durable, but I can't call a guy elite that has never scored 40 goals. He should top that this year though with Sid as his center.

Merrith

Another chart Ovechkin breaks. This is since he entered the league.

dWl255Wl.jpg

Merrith

It's why I can never fully hate him as much as I want to.
Grimm Sid's greatness has me in the same place. Really I'm just annoyed we've only gotten to see them play 7 games against each other in the playoffs.

7 games in which they combined for 27 points.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Getting in on this thread early for once, since I've decided I give almost no shits about the NFL anymore. I think for the first time last year I was actually watching Caps games regularly as early as November.

That Timmy's thing is funny to me too, seeing a bunch of women freaking out when they pull up to the drive thru. I bet if you did that in Pittsburgh, almost no one would even give a shit.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Grimm Sid's greatness has me in the same place. Really I'm just annoyed we've only gotten to see them play 7 games against each other in the playoffs.

7 games in which they combined for 27 points.
You can both bask together in the glory of the McJesus soon enough, gentlemen.

rrr_img_111429.jpg

Seriously though, the kid looks good. Really good. As an 18 year old he already looks to be the best forward on the ice through pre-season, although obviously that's been against sub-par opposition. It is incredible how fast he is. I think he's legitimately one of the fastest players in the league already.

Merrith

You can both bask together in the glory of the McJesus soon enough, gentlemen.

rrr_img_111429.jpg

Seriously though, the kid looks good. Really good. As an 18 year old he already looks to be the best forward on the ice through pre-season, although obviously that's been against sub-par opposition. It is incredible how fast he is. I think he's legitimately one of the fastest players in the league already.
I find that these young kids seem to skate so much faster than anyone else coming into the league, and whether they learn to gear it down a bit when they don't need to go light speed all the time or wear and tear sets in they slow down after the first few years.

And by slow down instead of being the top 1% of speedsters around the league they're still in the top 5%.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
I don't mean he's always flying around on the ice, going full blast. I mean when he takes two quick steps, he blows by pretty much anyone. Then he just seems to coast faster than anyone else on the ice can move while taking strides. It's honestly kind of eerie to watch. A couple weeks ago a few Oilers commented as much, that he seems to be able to glide incredibly fast. It doesn't really make sense until you see it.

Merrith

I don't mean he's always flying around on the ice, going full blast. I mean when he takes two quick steps, he blows by pretty much anyone. Then he just seems to coast faster than anyone else on the ice can move while taking strides. It's honestly kind of eerie to watch. A couple weeks ago a few Oilers commented as much, that he seems to be able to glide incredibly fast. It doesn't really make sense until you see it.
Fortunately I have Center Ice package. Looking forward to catching some Oilers games this year to watch him.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Weee , Dylan larkin makes the wings opening night roster. Kid is the truth.