NHL 2015-16 Season Thread

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Just preseason but Caps are pretty much slaying all comers. Ovechkin doing what Ovechkin does, Oshie looks good. Between him and Kuznetsov in the shootout we'll be sick if games get past 3v3 somehow

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
So Bettman sent a nice welcome back card to Torres:Raffi Torres suspended 41 games Video - NHL VideoCenter

"Dear Raffi, please retire, you coked up fuck head."

At this point you'd think the NHLPA would want him gone too. He's going to kill someone, sooner or later.

Much love for 2006 though, Raffi! Not sure the Oil would have gone to the finals had you not nearly killed Michalek back when that shit was kosher.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
So Bettman sent a nice welcome back card to Torres:Raffi Torres suspended 41 games Video - NHL VideoCenter

"Dear Raffi, please retire, you coked up fuck head."

At this point you'd think the NHLPA would want him gone too. He's going to kill someone, sooner or later.

Much love for 2006 though, Raffi! Not sure the Oil would have gone to the finals had you not nearly killed Michalek back when that shit was kosher.
It's a bummer because he really is still a pretty decent hockey player for 2 mil, even without the hitting. We could have used the forward depth. Why he did this shit in the preseason is beyond me.

Merrith

Good. It's a shame because Torres can actually play hockey, but he's been acting like a fucking goon the last couple years with the stupid shit.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Last couple years? He's been a predatory hitter since 2006 or earlier. He destroyed a couple guys during the Oilers Cup run, although again, that shit was kosher back then.

I can't remember offhand who the other guy was, or what team they played for. But Torres took out at least a couple guys in that playoff run alone.

Merrith

To be clear, I wasn't trying to claim he was a "clean" player before the last couple years, just that he's had a number of high profile incidents after the whole "targeting the head" focus that seem to get progressively worse and dumber.

A hit like this in preseason is just beyond stupid.

Merrith

Football and hockey finally both back...the long summer of shit is over.

Fadaar

That guy
Sigh as a Bucs fan hockey can't start soon enough. Wish I still lived in Tampa though.

Araxen

Maybe the refs should hold their whistle for at least 2 seconds. Fucking joke.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
I dunno, I've only seen that one shitty angle of the hit. It looks like he was caught flat footed and trying to catch a piece of him, and accidentally head butted him or some shit. I don't think it was intentional. You also have to wonder what the fuck Couture was thinking just skating directly in to him like that. Have some awareness, jesus.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
I dunno, I've only seen that one shitty angle of the hit. It looks like he was caught flat footed and trying to catch a piece of him, and accidentally head butted him or some shit. I don't think it was intentional. You also have to wonder what the fuck Couture was thinking just skating directly in to him like that. Have some awareness, jesus.
I was watching the game and they showed multiple angles. It was clearly intentional and clearly aimed for the head. He also left his feet. Plus this is Dustin Brown we're talking about. I'd put this cunt second only to Torres. It's a shame he has only been punished once.

In other news, watching Lucic get hipchecked by Couture and then get a match penalty was pretty amazing. Great first game, Lucic! I hope the future holds more of this.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Neimi shut the Pens the fuck down tonight. I might have to adjust my expectations down to only 195 points for Sid...

Mazim

Golden Knight of the Realm
Amazing come back by the Wild. I'll call it now and and say they are definitely a cup contender.....as long as Dubnyk plays well.