NHL 2015-16 Season Thread

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah. I thought the Oil played a good game. Unfortunately they're very much a one line team right now. Eberle is still getting warmed up. Third line can't produce much either. Hall and Draisatl got shut down, and that was enough.

If they play like that every game though, they'll win more than they lose. I'm really hoping they have turned a corner.
Wouldn't say they got shut down, Hall was everywhere tonight. He'll see Holtby in his sleep, but that line was putting some work in. For us, our 2nd line was doing most of the heavy lifting possession wise (Johannson, Kuznetsov, and Williams). Justin Williams has been such a great signing, dude is a monster on the walls and just stabilizes any line he's been on so much.

Merrith

Wtf. Dallas getting wrecked by Ottawa. 6-3 Sens with 6 minutes to go in the 3rd. 6 goals on 15 shots. When I watch Dallas this year I'm reminded so much of the '09-'10 Caps. Offensive juggernaut, finished #1 in the league with something like the 6th highest point total in league history...eliminated in Round 1 to a hot goalie. I don't think Dallas' defense is quite as bad as that Caps' team was, but at times watching their games I get the same feeling about them.

Merrith

Need to catch up on highlights tonight. Saw our Russians were active in another win. Heard there was a crazy goalie collision too in another game.

Merrith

Crazy stat, only 4 teams in the league have a goal differential above +10. All 4 are +20 or better too.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Yakupov out 2-4 weeks after the linesman horse collar tackle.

God hates us.
It's not like it matters till McDavid is back since he hasn't done shit since McDavid got injured.
smile.png

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Fair. He's been next to useless without him. Kid has some skill, but zero hockey sense whatsoever. He might actually be retarded.

Merrith

Nice to watch Rags/Lundy choke a 3-2 lead late. PDO/puck luck doesn't last forever.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Meh, stupid win. Boston played well, but there was much bitch-assery. Marchand goalie interference on the first goal. Late hit by Beleskey taking Step out of the game. McIlrath getting that lame instigator penalty for defending him, which led to their second goal. Typical ref lyfe. Not that the penalty was their fault, stupid fucking rule in those situations.

But hey, at least they didn't tackle anyone so there's that!

Really needed a win for morale after that spanking by the habs. Good thing we got philly tomorrow.

Merrith

Personally I don't feel like that should be interference on the first goal. Stick is way outside the blue paint, skaters should be free to skate through there. Only so much leeway should be given to goalies, and outside of the blue paint they shouldn't be given the benefit of the doubt on all contact.

His actual goalie interference penalty was typical Marchand bullshit though.