NHL 2015-16 Season Thread

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
You'll bounce back once your get your D settled. Saw the Pens finally broke out tonight as well, Malkin is carrying that team.
Its hard to be optimistic at this point. I hate to blame AV because I DO like him and what he has done, but some of his methods are.... questionable. His line shuffling makes ZERO sense. Against the Caps he bumps Tanner Glass to THE SECOND FUCKING LINE with zucc and brass AND puts him on the PP?? Gives Mac and Hayes more time on the PP over Yandle and Nash respectively? Puts scrub ass Summers on the PK WITH McIlrath?? And those are only the most blatently glaring line choices. He's been doing this shit all year and that's to say nothing of playing Glass over Duclair ALL LAST SEASON (till he was traded for Yandle at the deadline).

The lack of motivation from just about every player has me thinking AV may have "lost the room" so to speak. Has nothing to do with him as a coach, I think he's amazing, this shit just happens. Fuck, he probably secretly wants to do the ol' switch-a-roo with Boudreau at this point anyway....

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't pay attention to anyone outside the Caps until about February, so what's the deal with the Habs? They were smoking to start the season. Is Price hurt or something?

I saw that they were on the scheduled today and was nervous, but the Caps had another good win.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
I don't pay attention to anyone outside the Caps until about February, so what's the deal with the Habs? They were smoking to start the season. Is Price hurt or something?

I saw that they were on the scheduled today and was nervous, but the Caps had another good win.
Price has been out for awhile which hasn't helped but our main problem is that our offense has been dry. We're averaging less than 2 goals a game in the past 10 games - this will improve when Gallagher gets back but we need some other players to step up as well. Like most good & bad streaks in the NHL, we're nowhere near as good as our first 10 games showed and we're nowhere near as bad as the last 10 have gone. Thankfully we should still be able to make the playoffs with relative ease.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
You mean hopefully we should still make the playoffs. The teams behind us have game in hand, and if they win those we're out.

Price has hidden a lot of the Habs shortcoming in the last few seasons, namely low scoring, no power play, and poor possession numbers. I beleive we have offensive talent on the team, but they are held back by Michel Therrien coaching style of all defence and take no risks, and demote anyone who makes a mistake to third line or minors. Our guys are scared to take any chance and play with no confidence.

I love hockey, but for the first time in years I stopped watching all the games in the middle of last season, and barely watched any games this year because I find us to one of the most boring team in the NHL today.

We always are at the top of the standing so it's hard to really complain, and I guess that's what's matters, but I watch it to be entertained, and Habs are not entertaining to watch since Therrien took over...especially since Gerard Gallant left.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I kind of want the Caps to have a minor losing streak to refocus a little. Didn't even look like they had to push at all tonight. Sabres left Ovechkin alone in the slot, and we know how that went. Beagle chips in another, Holtby with the shutout.

Lundqvist pulled for 3rd time in last 6 starts. If you factor in games in hand, Florida is sorta the closest to us now.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Looks like Beagle is out for a while, so that's crappy. Caps finally have the points lead though, with 2 fewer games played than Dallas.

Merrith

Looks like Beagle is out for a while, so that's crappy. Caps finally have the points lead though, with 2 fewer games played than Dallas.
Backstrom left in the 3rd as well. Kuznetsov magic aside, losing 2 of our top 3 centers is never a good thing.

Merrith

Marchand got suspended for the Winter Classic. Couldn't happen to a bigger piece of shit.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Last time I remember the Kings being this consistently dominant, there was something shiny at the end of the season. Although I've been a fan long enough to see this go in the shitter quick come February. But they are seriously playing great the last month.

Merrith

Mike Richards. Not sure how I feel about this. If he's not addicted to the oxy anymore, could end up a decent depth move down the middle for a guy who can PK too.

Of course, not exactly a "character guy" anymore.

Also BIG trade by Cbus and Nashville.

Juvarisx

Florida
How is Eomer not face palming over the Oilers not being the recipient of Seth Jones. With Conner McDavid and Draisaitl there you gotta think RNH is expendable.

Merrith

How is Eomer not face palming over the Oilers not being the recipient of Seth Jones. With Conner McDavid and Draisaitl there you gotta think RNH is expendable.
I'm not sure RNH gets Jones though by himself. Might have to add in picks.

Juvarisx

Florida
I'm not sure RNH gets Jones though by himself. Might have to add in picks.
They have enough young depth / picks to get him, that player is the definition of what the Oilers are lacking. I think I will riot if they get Mathews this year.