NHL 2017-2018 Season: Penguins already sucking dick

yaph

Molten Core Raider
Exercising all the demons this year in the playoffs. This series is going to be legendary.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Grats Caps fan bros, much deserved.

But for the love of god, stop with the Wilson and/or league bias narratives... I would rather listen to Kane and Keith say "Reeeeeaalll Smooth" on loop all summer.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Grats Caps fan bros, much deserved.

But for the love of god, stop with the Wilson and/or league bias narratives... I would rather listen to Kane and Keith say "Reeeeeaalll Smooth" on loop all summer.

It's still true.

Also you're leaving out Doc's "DRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE" calls.

• 1Like

yaph

Molten Core Raider
I'm a caps homer and I don't have any problem calling them out on their bullshit when it's warranted. However, Pierre has a clear bias against the Caps and Tom Wilson especially. I would say with certainty, his suspension was due directly impart by NBC and bitch ass Pierre's hot takes on the hit that rippled throughout hockey and sports media the next day. Meanwhile, former '91, '92, Penguins assistant Jock strap attendant Pierre is suddenly real quiet after Orpik get's text book boarded when he usually chimes in with some "OH MAN EDDIE AND DOC, WILSON WENT STRAIGHT FOR THE HEAD".

Anyways, Trotz and the boys deserve some huge credit for what they've done in this series and the playoffs as a whole. They executed the game plan flawlessly two games in a row and completely neutralized two of the deadliest scorers in the league. Glad to see Bura score twice. Kid needed that because he was a ghost up until tonight and the only true disappointment of the playoffs. Would like to see Vrana score and Stephenson finish on one of his breaks in the finals.

Happy for Nate Schmidt and love that the kid is a top-2 D man. I will be waiting for Ovie to deliver some "from Russia with love" via the hardest hit Nate has ever received in his life in game 1.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
As someone neutral in this final, I can say it's pretty fun. There's reason to cheer for either team, and honestly won't mind whoever wins, it will be deserved for different reasons. I personally just enjoy that the cup will go to a team that has never won it before, that's always cool.

It's hard to have a favorite. Washington has been waiting a long time, and for the most part has always put a competitive team on the ice, but has struggle in the playoffs.

For Ovechkin who is arguably the best scorer of all time, I mean he's right up there with the best of them while playing in one of the lowest scoring era. I honestly don't want his accomplishment to always have the side note "Hasn't won a cup" beside them.

Vegas...well damn what a story. What they accomplished this year is just plain amazing. It's the ultimate Cinderella story, and a cup would just be the icing on the cake. The thing though, is that even if they don't win, they have made history.

So good luck to both teams, whoever wins, it will be well deserved. Give us a great series. :)

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pretty cool that the winner will get the first cup for the franchise

8ECCC931-B48C-4638-923E-D7BBDA431340.jpeg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

I'm going to say Caps in 6, just because I'm dying for us to somehow win it on home ice. Would be legendary. But I think we all know, if we actually are to win it, it'll have to take 7 games. Fleury worries me, but he's also the goalie Ovechkin has scored the 2nd most goals of his career against. I just hope the team doesn't have a let down after making it to the Finals. Getting a split from the first 2 games in Vegas is a must, in my opinion.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I definitely think Vegas is going to wreck the Capitals despite what the talking heads say.

Merrith

Caps in 6

After which we can watch us fuck up our cap situation re-signing Carlson to a 8 years deal worth $7.5M per. Although I probably won't give a shit if we win the Cup. But I'll still call any deal close to that crazy.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
After which we can watch us fuck up our cap situation re-signing Carlson to a 8 years deal worth $7.5M per. Although I probably won't give a shit if we win the Cup. But I'll still call any deal close to that crazy.

Hopefully. Need Caps and Pens to enjoy a nice post-cup slump in time for the Rangers to rebuild and have a run. Though NJ, Philly and CBJ are all on the rise as well so probably just wishful thinking.

Guessing regardless of the outcome, Trotz keeps his job so you'll of dodged the AV bullet.

• 1Like