NHL 2017-2018 Season: Penguins already sucking dick

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
As someone who doesn't watch as much hockey as you all, what the fuck at goaltender interference when the fucking goalie is outside of the crease?

Seems like MAF just walked into Smith-Pelly, and it literally had no impact on the play.

I thought MAF was still in the blue, just barely. Felt like DSP could have avoided any contact pretty easily, too. Just lack of awareness in that spot. Right call imo.

Merrith

8 and 92 carrying the load once again. Holtby good when needed, too.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

They've been getting really lucky too. Lots of bad give aways, especially in their own zone.

It's gone both ways, thank goodness Kuznetsov scored his goal, otherwise we'd be about 0 for 4 on odd man rushes again. I swear in that period was the 2nd 3 on 1 chance of the series where Eller just fires it high and wide.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Yeah, I think they're causing the Knights to give it away in the offensive zone, and the number of shots the team is blocking so the puck doesn't even get to Holtby is fantastic. That, plus Holtby being hot is great, and Fleury is rattled.

This is fun hockey to watch, and the officiating seems a whole lot better tonight.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

leave it to these refs to ignore Vegas player literally put his stick between skate boot and blade of Orlov to trip him up in our end, but then call a penalty on our own player tripping Backstrom up in their end.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
leave it to these refs to ignore Vegas player literally put his stick between skate boot and blade of Orlov to trip him up in our end, but then call a penalty on our own player tripping Backstrom up in their end.
Think there were actually two right before that.

• 1Like

Malakriss

In the playoffs most penalties only count as 0.334 of a penalty and you need to acrue an integer amount before the arbitrary timer resets.

• 2Like

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
I was at this game, incredible atmosphere. Starting to believe this might actually happen

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I was at this game, incredible atmosphere. Starting to believe this might actually happen

Did you go over to portrait gallery? It was insane.

Silver weed man from outside the White House was even there.

• 1Like

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
Did you go over to portrait gallery? It was insane.

Silver weed man from outside the White House was even there.

I'm not sure who the silver weed man is but I did go to the portrait gallery after the game. Honestly the price I paid was absurd, $200 to fly into DC, $2200 for 2 section 417 seats (so my girlfriend who really knows nothing about hockey could go as well) but it was well worth it. I've made a hockey fan out of my girlfriend at this point, but that probably started last year when I kept scheduling our dates around caps hockey games and she kept going to bars with me as a result. I've never seen DC so alive; if hockey can do this I can't even begin to imagine what a skins superbowl would be like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'm not sure who the silver weed man is but I did go to the portrait gallery after the game. Honestly the price I paid was absurd, $200 to fly into DC, $2200 for 2 section 417 seats (so my girlfriend who really knows nothing about hockey could go as well) but it was well worth it. I've made a hockey fan out of my girlfriend at this point, but that probably started last year when I kept scheduling our dates around caps hockey games and she kept going to bars with me as a result. I've never seen DC so alive; if hockey can do this I can't even begin to imagine what a skins superbowl would be like

Wtf you from I just metro’d.

Silver weed man is a local street performer who dances and sings at the White House. He smokes weed sometimes too since it’s quasi legal.

Merrith

You're just starting to believe at 2-1 series lead in the Finals? Don't get me wrong, Fleury could go on super acid (as opposed to the regular acid he was on last night with some of the robbery he was pulling even in a loss) and we could lose this series, but the way the team is playing, we're certainly going to have a chance to win every game.

Enjoy the ride. I know most fans will freak out irrationally if we go up 3-1, but I think tomorrow night is huge to put Vegas on the precipice. Up 3-1 three straight chances to close it out, I'm going to feel really good about our chances. I know we did lose 3 straight to Tampa, but I don't see it happening again, and we're undefeated in these playoffs in any sort of elimination game (chance to eliminate another team, or to avoid elimination ourselves).

Malakriss

Minimum tickets for Game 4 / 6 are $1000 / $1278 atm, obviously waiting until later is not going to be lowering the prices for the Finals. You could find decent 4XX section ones for $800 originally.

• 1Like

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
Wtf you from I just metro’d.

Silver weed man is a local street performer who dances and sings at the White House. He smokes weed sometimes too since it’s quasi legal.

I haven't lived in the DC area for almost 10 years, I live in CT now. I did take the metro into DC the day of the game though. If the series goes to game 6 I'll be making the trip again. There's literally no price I wouldn't pay to watch the Caps bring home the Cup

• 2Like