NHL 2021-22 Season - Now A Turner Classic

Fadaar

That guy
alright time for the finals to start since not all the teams showed up the first two games

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Let's get it TB

1655769393164.png

• 1Worf

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
Penance Penance

You obviously can't see the difference between the Toews v Kucherov and the Kane v Kadri plays calling that an intent to injure play. You are the only person I have seen from any announcer, SportsCenter review, etc that I see calling it a play "with intent". Just like the soft calls post from Friday's game, you have rose colored glasses on for your team.

First, it was a good call against Toews for a cross check, dumb penalty for sure. Kucherov slashed him just before, got in his head and drew a penalty.

Kane V Kadri - 3-4 feet from the boards(the danger zone), directly behind Kadri, cross check to his numbers directly into the boards.
1655782306712.png

Toews v Kucherov - 10+ ft from the boards, cross check hits his hips pushing downward to take him off his skates, pushing him to the ice and not boards. Kucherov tried to keep his feet and that caused the groin strain.
1655782437226.png

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Who the hell even brought up Kane and Kadri? Players know that Kucherov has a bad hip. Who the fuck drives down on a cross check like that? It's not about an intent to board. It's about an intent to dig the stick into his hips.

Look at that video. He literally leaves his skates and drives down.

Rose colored glasses? How about you call your boy Makar back from flopping all the damn time.

• 1Like

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
I brought it up as an example of a true play where intent can be called out, the most recent example, that has the similarities of 2 players coming together headed towards the boards. The details of those similarities is what I point out.

Again, you are the only one adding the intent factor into the equation, now based on a pre-existing injury. Speculation to a T. Also, his left skate never leaves the ice, so still trying to make it seem worse than it was. Still you're the only caller I have heard of a play "with intent" I have seen/heard.

As to Makar, I don't recall a single penalty called on the lightning in a play with him. Very interested when you have seen a "flop" out of #8.

Now for my own speculation, Toews has 56 pims his entire career, not the type of player that is out to hurt an opponent.

Last edited:

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I brought it up as an example of a true play where intent can be called out, the most recent example, that has the similarities of 2 players coming together headed towards the boards. The details of those similarities is what I point out.

Again, you are the only one adding the intent factor into the equation, now based on a pre-existing injury. Speculation to a T. Also, his left skate never leaves the ice, so still trying to make it seem worse than it was. Still you're the only caller I have heard of a play "with intent" I have seen/heard.

As to Makar, I don't recall a single penalty called on the lightning in a play with him. Very interested when you have seen a "flop" out of #8.

Now for my own speculation, Toews has 56 pims his entire career, not the type of player that is out to hurt an opponent.
I don't deny I take the shit a little personal. Maybe intent is too strong of vocab. The play sucked though.

Also the flop I'm referring to was the one that lead to the 3 on 5 PP in the first game when Makar was towing the blue line trying to keep it onsides, he was off balance Cerelli going for the puck swung his stick around his back (so no leverage) and cale drew the penalty making it a 3 on 5, which is what I was referencing a soft call. A 5 on 4 call in the SCF finals, yea I can deal with that, but a 3 on 5 is brutal. I don't hold it against Makar, any great player "flops" to draw a penalty. Except Ovi, he's a beast.

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
Understandable, our teams are playing for the most difficult to win trophy in all of North American sports.

Regarding that play, it was obvious the Ref did not want to make a call at all based on the situation. When you are reffing, you have that capability to keep your own tally, and try to keep the game somewhat fair. If that means a light call later on in the game when it is not as critical, or a non-call to balance out the play, that stuff happens. I did it all the time when I Reff'd when I was younger. Problem with the play in question, it led to what was going to be a TB breakaway. TB recovered the puck after Makar fell and if that had not happened, there would have been no call. It happens the entire season, a light stick near the skates and a guy goes down, 2min handed out. Here in a SCF game, with such a black and white rule, it just wasn't a spot the Ref could use their own judgement.