NHL 2021 Irregular Season and Plagueoffs

Fadaar

That guy
I think it's going to be the top four from each division into the playoffs? Not totally fair, but I though that's the plan?

I mostly meant which two divisions are gonna be paired together (like how it's usually Central and Pacific/Metro and Atlantic) or is it gonna somehow be a straight 1-16 seeding?

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I mostly meant which two divisions are gonna be paired together (like how it's usually Central and Pacific/Metro and Atlantic) or is it gonna somehow be a straight 1-16 seeding?

From ESPN:
The regular season will wrap up on May 8 and then the league will return to a 16-team, best-of-seven, four-round playoff format. Four teams from each division will qualify for the playoffs.

The first two rounds will be intradvisional play. Then, the four division winners will advance to the semifinals, reseeded based on their regular-season point totals (No. 1 would play No. 4, No. 2 would play No. 3). The two semifinal teams will play in the Stanley Cup Final -- and if you've been following along, that means it's not necessarily going to be an Eastern Conference team versus a Western Conference team competing for the Cup. Bring on the chaos!

So there aren't two divisions that will be paired against each other for the playoffs. Its going to come down to regular season points after the first round, which will be within their own division. I'm not sure that's awesome.

Fadaar

That guy
Interesting. So we could see some oddball shit with former division rivals playing for the cup.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Interesting. So we could see some oddball shit with former division rivals playing for the cup.

Yup. And you could potentially end up with two teams from the same division playing for the cup.

Montreal vs. Toronto for the final. It would be glorious.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
C'mon we all know Leafs are out first round.
tenor.gif

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
From ESPN:

So there aren't two divisions that will be paired against each other for the playoffs. Its going to come down to regular season points after the first round, which will be within their own division. I'm not sure that's awesome.
The way I understood this is that the 4 divisions will have basically a 4 team bracket and the winner of each of those brackets will play in the semis.

So you'll have 1 team from each division in the semis. Two teams from the same division could not meet in the SCF.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Couchy

Molten Core Raider
Feels like forever since the Avalanche last played. Fucking bitch ass Minnesota cant handle being big dicked. Gotta win by spreading their fucking germs. Guess its a good thing the Avs get to rest, the injuries were piling up.

I got a brand new TV that actually shows the puck. Its amazing! Also managed to snag one of the Reverse Retro jerseys. I dont normally like to wear another grown man's name on my back, but for this I'll make an exception.

Last edited:

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Screenshot_40.png

Should be a fun set of games coming up between the Habs and the Leafs.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So...Philly and Buffalo with covid problems. No games this week for the Caps. Fucking sucks.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Seems once 1 or 2 players test positive they just cancelled all the games. Pretty nuts how many teams arent playing right now.