NHL 2023-2024 Season - Arizona Stays Homeless

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
No idea how Caps are in the thick of playoff race still, but here we are. Schedule is rough down the stretch, though. Sneaking in to get young guys a playoff series experience would be pretty nice, though.
The Wings curse of the garbage patch did you guys a lot of good. They finally stopped the losing streak at 7 games.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The Wings curse of the garbage patch did you guys a lot of good. They finally stopped the losing streak at 7 games.

Definitely gave another option to get in. We're only 3 points behind Philly for 3rd in the Metro with 2 games in hand, too, though.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Canes with another wild one against the Leafs. 2 goals by Aho in the last minute and a half. Wild OT including killing a Leafs PP. Guentzel with shootout winner. They may still not win the division (a question if they should considering who the WC opponent would be - Tampa?) but man are they going to keep it interesting.

Merrith

Canes with another wild one against the Leafs. 2 goals by Aho in the last minute and a half. Wild OT including killing a Leafs PP. Guentzel with shootout winner. They may still not win the division (a question if they should considering who the WC opponent would be - Tampa?) but man are they going to keep it interesting.

How has Kuznetsov looked overall? He seems more into it, at least from what I've seen from interviews and such. Just was curious if his skating and overall play had that crispness to it, or if he was kind of freelancing out there.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'd love to try a metro run. I think most the teams in Atlantic have TBs #, except maybe Boston. Even with the win against FL last night they dominated us. Would at least be interesting at the least.

Merrith

Rags beat Isles, Pens beat Wings. 3rd in the Metro and 2nd wild card in the East going to be some tight races. Fun to even be in it.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
OOO, that is the best feeling loss in a while. Not too many games left before we lose out on Celebrini to the Chicago Bedards!

1710738802905.png

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
How has Kuznetsov looked overall? He seems more into it, at least from what I've seen from interviews and such. Just was curious if his skating and overall play had that crispness to it, or if he was kind of freelancing out there.

He's been pretty good. Another goal and assist last night. It's so evident how good of a player he is. I'm not sure we've had a more efficient passer, at least not recently. If he continues to play like he has so far (which is no guarantee), it's probably the steal of the trade deadline. Last night he's centered the 2nd line (which is think is what it'll look like playoff time) with Svech and Necas and it's obvious how seamless the passing/transition was between them.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Wasn't expecting the Rangers to actually be in the Presidents trophy race but it's been a wild season. Played 5 games in 7 days last week and only lost to the Bolts. Worried about guys wearing out down the stretch here, but if they can finish ahead of Florida in the East that would be amazing. Seems like no one want's that 2nd WC spot, whoever gets it i'd like the Rangers chances against.

Merrith

He's been pretty good. Another goal and assist last night. It's so evident how good of a player he is. I'm not sure we've had a more efficient passer, at least not recently. If he continues to play like he has so far (which is no guarantee), it's probably the steal of the trade deadline. Last night he's centered the 2nd line (which is think is what it'll look like playoff time) with Svech and Necas and it's obvious how seamless the passing/transition was between them.

When he's ON and engaged, his skill level is off the charts. I remember early in his career here he would make passes that linemates just never expected to be coming. They almost had to get used to him and his thinking. He definitely would overpass quite a bit, too, but nice to hear he's scoring goals. He had like 27 one year here, and I know he has/had the ability to be a 30 goal guy if he called his own number more.

Merrith

Shitty start to this road trip, but to go Seattle/Vancouver/Calgary with 3 straight regulation wins, feels pretty good. Actually can't believe we're in a playoff spot this late in the year.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
When he's ON and engaged, his skill level is off the charts. I remember early in his career here he would make passes that linemates just never expected to be coming. They almost had to get used to him and his thinking. He definitely would overpass quite a bit, too, but nice to hear he's scoring goals. He had like 27 one year here, and I know he has/had the ability to be a 30 goal guy if he called his own number more.

It (so far) just looks like a great fit. It's also a big deal that Orlov is here with him (who ironically has finally started playing great the last few weeks). If they can all get on the same page (Svechnikov has been struggling in the goal department) that line is insane with its goal scoring potential.

Merrith

It (so far) just looks like a great fit. It's also a big deal that Orlov is here with him (who ironically has finally started playing great the last few weeks). If they can all get on the same page (Svechnikov has been struggling in the goal department) that line is insane with its goal scoring potential.

Yeah I think orlov being there was a really big factor in the move to trade him there. It's good for him, should give him a nice environment to play in. I wish him all the success, only I don't want you guys to even get to the Finals (screw Pitt out of that potential 1st for Guentzel).

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
This really bums me out. I was an absolutely rabid hockey follower at the time, a bit moreso than I am today, and it was still the fighting era. Big Chief was a monster whenever he was on the ice. RIP.

• 1Solidarity

Fadaar

That guy
I'd be mad about the Lightning waiting until now to remember how to hockey but with the playoffs right around the corner I'm cool with it

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'd be mad about the Lightning waiting until now to remember how to hockey but with the playoffs right around the corner I'm cool with it
Well now we're going to lose to San Jose tomorrow, so thanks for that.

Merrith

Shitty game tonight, way too many turnovers/breakdowns that led to easy goals for Leafs. Couple bad bounces, too. We have tough games galore coming, up, too. Fucking Columbus.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Shitty game tonight, way too many turnovers/breakdowns that led to easy goals for Leafs. Couple bad bounces, too. We have tough games galore coming, up, too. Fucking Columbus.
At least Toronto fans lost their hats on a called back hat trick?

• 1Like