NHL 2023-2024 Season - Arizona Stays Homeless

Juvarisx

Florida
At least Toronto fans lost their hats on a called back hat trick?

There needs to be a middle ground between millimeters offside and literal Matt Duchene. That rule as enforced hurts the game, and I say that on being on both ends of it.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
There needs to be a middle ground between millimeters offside and literal Matt Duchene. That rule as enforced hurts the game, and I say that on being on both ends of it.

I used to agree with this take, when it was about a skate blade being millimeters off the ice or not, because really if your leg was still over the blue line, who cares whether the skate blade was touching the ice or not, your body can only be so far ahead of it. Now that they fixed it to just having any part still over the "plane" of the blue line, get the call right, even by millimeters.

It does suck when it's like 45 seconds to a minute later when the goal gets scored, but maybe they should have a way to review stuff to check so they could blow the play dead as soon as their war room in Toronto or wherever figures out a play was actually offside. Then again the challenge part makes it a rarer event and keeps the game moving (in general).

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Larkin back to right the ship. Maybe we can pull off a playoff spot after all. Once Walman is back, I really think we should keep Edvinsson and send Petry or Holl down to the Griffins. He's been an upgrade over either of them so far.

We really need to beat the Caps next week and manage to not get our shit pushed in by the Canes and Panthers.

Merrith

Larkin back to right the ship. Maybe we can pull off a playoff spot after all. Once Walman is back, I really think we should keep Edvinsson and send Petry or Holl down to the Griffins. He's been an upgrade over either of them so far.

We really need to beat the Caps next week and manage to not get our shit pushed in by the Canes and Panthers.

Hope OT v Philly tired out Carolina for us tomorrow night. Not the best results for us tonight, but at least Detroit/Isles wasn't a 3 point game. Need a win tomorrow to get back within striking distance of both you all and Philly. Last game of the year for us is v Philly I noticed...might end up being big. Our schedule is really hard, though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hope OT v Philly tired out Carolina for us tomorrow night. Not the best results for us tonight, but at least Detroit/Isles wasn't a 3 point game. Need a win tomorrow to get back within striking distance of both you all and Philly. Last game of the year for us is v Philly I noticed...might end up being big. Our schedule is really hard, though.

Yea the problem is Canes played like garbage most of the game (was at the game last night) and Rod said as much so I'd be pretty surprised if they came out with that kind of effort tonight against the Caps. It's something they still found a way to get 2 pts (or maybe says more about Philly). I would imagine it's going to be pretty emotional for Kuznetsov. Caps PP has been rolling vs. the Canes PK should be interesting.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
nhl-memes-week-21-1.jpg

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Yea the problem is Canes played like garbage most of the game (was at the game last night) and Rod said as much so I'd be pretty surprised if they came out with that kind of effort tonight against the Caps. It's something they still found a way to get 2 pts (or maybe says more about Philly). I would imagine it's going to be pretty emotional for Kuznetsov. Caps PP has been rolling vs. the Canes PK should be interesting.

Yeah I figure it's going to be emotional for Kuzy. I hope the crowd gives him a nice welcome. He sounds in a much better spot head wise. Going to be some sick goals in the video clip.

Merrith

Yeah that was reckless by Wilson. Obviously didn't seem like he was trying to crack the guy right in the face, but gotta always be in control of your stick and with his history, is what it is.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users