NHL 22-23: Tanking hard for Bedard

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ovechkin sitting on a potential hatty on national broadcast for 800?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I couldn't watch tonight but looks like the Leafs put a true ass-whipping on the Ducks. The Ducks make me sad this year.

200w.gif

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
Ovechkin sitting on a potential hatty on national broadcast for 800?
This aged quite well. Hopefully you put some money on it.

Also, this coincides with the Hawks living up to the thread title.

• 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This aged quite well. Hopefully you put some money on it.

Also, this coincides with the Hawks living up to the thread title.

I did not have money on it, but great moment nonetheless. Credit Chicago crowd for reacting quite well to it. Lot of class.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Kraken were rolling when Grubauer was on IR. Ever since he came back they have been dogshit. Hes this teams kryptonite.

Animosity

Tanking so hard this season for a top 2 pick. It was pretty obvious with the defense they rolled out. Very surprised by the lack of offense though. Eakins clearly doesnt know how to coach in the NHL.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Wings called up Hellberg and started him with Ned on the bench against the Wild. I've got to wonder if Ned might be on the way out if Hellberg proves to be a competent backup.

Fucking injuries are killing he Wings right now. Larkin is out due to taking a page ou of Bert's book and blocking a shot with his hand. Hronek looks behind him while skating up the ice and Reaves takes him out with a shoulder to the face. At least Soderblom scored.

I knew the good times weren't going to last, but at least let it just be due to the schedule getting tougher instead of injuries.

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Reaves hit was dirty but wtf was Hronek doing looking back in the middle of the ice with gooniest goon skating around.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Wings called up Hellberg and started him with Ned on the bench against the Wild. I've got to wonder if Ned might be on the way out if Hellberg proves to be a competent backup.

Fucking injuries are killing he Wings right now. Larkin is out due to taking a page ou of Bert's book and blocking a shot with his hand. Hronek looks behind him while skating up the ice and Reaves takes him out with a shoulder to the face. At least Soderblom scored.

I knew the good times weren't going to last, but at least let it just be due to the schedule getting tougher instead of injuries.

It's not injuries that are hurting the Wings. I think it's coaching.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
They are missing their 3 best forwards. And Copp seems to not fit at all.

Copp had core surgery and missed the entire offseason, he's been looking a bit better lately but still not great.

I would argue Chiarot is far worse right now. He and Seider do not fit together at all. Seider needs someone more like Maata, but the Hronek-Maata pairing has been too good to break up. With both Hronek and Maata out right now, I would try Seider-Walman, Chiarot-Osterle and Lindstrom-Kampfer/Pylon.

It's not injuries that are hurting the Wings. I think it's coaching.

They had $20 mill in cap on the IR before Hronek and Larkin went down.

Pain.jpg

Now add Hronek and Larkin to that list.

Injuries have definitely been a big problem and I think it's still too early to tell on coaching. Our schedule had been one of the easier ones until December and Lalonde's conservative system had been working pretty well. 5 on 5 offense has been an issue though. While the overall talent level has improved, I'd say we're at best a league average team when healthy. We still need another prospect or 2 to make the jump and maybe get someone in a trade or free agency next year.

• 1WTF
  • 1Like

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Vrana out of player assistance and practicing (non-contact). Hronek and Maatta both practicing. Larkin in non-contact jersey as well.

• 2Like

Animosity

Vrana out of player assistance and practicing (non-contact). Hronek and Maatta both practicing. Larkin in non-contact jersey as well.
Glad to see Vrana back practicing. Hope he was able to get somethings situated. Wing's top 6 should be fun to watch with everyone healthy.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like