Nicolas Cage announces retirement from acting.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I wonder how much her dad has influenced her opinions on Hollywood.
Yeah I can imagine that cheating on her mother, abandoning his family, and never paying a dime of child support influenced her opinions quite a bit.

Don't canonize Voight just because he finally turned vaguely conservative in his 70s. He spent his entire life as just another degenerate Hollywood shitlib and he's still just another degenerate Hollywood shitlib at heart.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
Yeah I can imagine that cheating on her mother, abandoning his family, and never paying a dime of child support influenced her opinions quite a bit.

Don't canonize Voight just because he finally turned vaguely conservative in his 70s. He spent his entire life as just another degenerate Hollywood shitlib and he's still just another degenerate Hollywood shitlib at heart.
At least he got rinsed out of the MI movies early.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
He kind of reminds me of Adam Sandler where it seems the bulk of his work is one genre, where there are a number of classics and a bunch of other stuff. Then you have some out of left field projects where they really show you their range/ability. I remember watching Adaptation and being pretty blown away by Cage's performance. Likewise, Sandler in Punch Drunk Love (though way weirder/niche/artsy).

Click was pretty heavy for Sandler as well despite that not being the intention. Caught a lot of people off guard in 2006.

Sandler was playing Sandler but the subject matter was so heavy a lot ended up with watery eyes.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Click was pretty heavy for Sandler as well despite that not being the intention. Caught a lot of people off guard in 2006.

Sandler was playing Sandler but the subject matter was so heavy a lot ended up with watery eyes.

Can't tell if this is a troll or not, but it's hilarious either way

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I hate the easy dunking on him. He’s a legit great actor. Look at his career. Sure he’s taking the pay day on a lot of shit but I hate how people pretend all he is is some random psycho making shit movies. He’s great when he wants to be
There's an established system at play here, he's just maximizing his throughput...

Ben Affleck and Matt Damon ran through the system in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back but I can't find the clip right now. ;)

I also agree , Cage is a...
the who sunglasses GIF

...National Treasure.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Pretty sure if he did nothing but more National Treasure movies & Sequels to The Rock, he'd be set for life.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Pretty sure if he did nothing but more National Treasure movies & Sequels to The Rock, he'd be set for life.
Do a sequel to both Face Off and The Rock in one movie. Have him trade faces with Dwayne Johnson and infiltrate a cartel group operating out of the ruins of Alcatraz.

• 1Like

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Do a sequel to both Face Off and The Rock in one movie. Have him trade faces with Dwayne Johnson and infiltrate a cartel group operating out of the ruins of Alcatraz.
Don’t forget ConAir

• 1Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
He kind of reminds me of Adam Sandler where it seems the bulk of his work is one genre, where there are a number of classics and a bunch of other stuff. Then you have some out of left field projects where they really show you their range/ability. I remember watching Adaptation and being pretty blown away by Cage's performance. Likewise, Sandler in Punch Drunk Love (though way weirder/niche/artsy).
Reign Over Me with Sandler was also really outside his normal lane and I enjoyed it a lot (This may have been the movie jayrebb jayrebb was actually thinking of, and came out after Click).

• 1Like

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Reign Over Me with Sandler
This... I think was the first movie I saw Sandler play a serious role. This is the one where he plays a New York fire fighter? That lost his family during the 9/11 attacks and now suffers from severe PTSD and depression and everyone forgot he was a hero expect his saxophone playing roommate?

Or am I confusing two different movies. It's been a long ass time since I've seen Reign over me.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
This... I think was the first movie I saw Sandler play a serious role. This is the one where he plays a New York fire fighter? That lost his family during the 9/11 attacks and now suffers from severe PTSD and depression and everyone forgot he was a hero expect his saxophone playing roommate?

Or am I confusing two different movies. It's been a long ass time since I've seen Reign over me.
Yup that's it. I don't recall seeing Adam in much after that in my sphere of interest but he was solid in that. On another note, I don't watch Comedy often but I liked 50 first dates.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Reign Over Me with Sandler was also really outside his normal lane and I enjoyed it a lot (This may have been the movie jayrebb jayrebb was actually thinking of, and came out after Click).

Don't ruin the idea of him being a sobby mess walking out of an Adam Sandler movie about a magical TV remote that controls time

• 1Worf

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I've watched very little of his more recent stuff. Film in general actually, I have a pretty large backlog built up.